Make your arguments for Rapamycin dosed Once Weekly vs. Once Every Two Weeks

That may be, but I have never had low ferritin levels without other blood markers that are associated with anemia also being low.

I don’t doubt you are correct.

Interesting though, that over the last two decades, my ferritin level has dropped steadily from 600 to 30 (last reading 80), and yet presumably related markers have been utterly trendless during that same time period. So, not necessarily correlated for high values of ferritin.

Couple years ago, I was sure ferritin was headed to zero. Doc did not evince concern, said there’s other stores.
rn ferritin

1 Like

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately, I only have had a few ferritin tests to compare.

I think we can all say that the ITP results and other Rapamycin experiments have made a pretty good case for taking Rapamycin for health and longevity. The dog studies are also encouraging. So the question is how much do we take?

At 1-2 mg, some people experience side effects so Rapa has some effect at this point. However some do not. I would say this is too low of a dose for most.

3-5 mg seems to be a dose that packs a little more punch without too many side effects. For those preferring to play on the safe side, 5 mg and below seems to be pretty safe.

6-9 mg is where many of the longevity folk such as Dr. Attia and others are taking. A little bit more punch. This should be equivalent to 2-3 mg + GFJ.

10-20 mg seems to be the every two weeks schedule with a high peak at the beginning.

Then there are the true experimenters that do 20 mg+. They have shown us you can take this amount without too many bad side effects although this is where ankle swelling and some other side effects that are more major start cropping up.

Fortunately most side effects at any dose start reversing once dosing stops. The worst side effect is a bacterial infection which could be lethal if your immune system is too suppressed by Rapa. Please discontinue Rapa use if you have an infection or have surgery or major wound healing.

That seems to be a pretty good summary. Any modifications?

10 Likes

I think you misunderstand me. I am absolutely not sure that it will work in humans, and one of the reasons I’m in doubt is exactly because the animal studies that I agree are the core evidence around which everything else is just hints suggest that effective doses would be much higher than people are using now. As I said,

3 Likes

Here’s my Iron results for the two times I have taken a relatively small dose of Rapamycin

Units Iron micromolar/l Ferritin mcg/L

24-Aug-22 LM Iron 15 Ferr 205

31-Aug-22 LM Iron 20 Ferr 145

Rapamycin 2mg 4th Sept

07-Sep-22 LM Iron 10 Ferr 175

12-Sep-22 MPS Iron 18.1 Ferr 157.9

21-Sep-22 MPS Iron (?) Ferr 165.7

13-Dec-22 NWP Iron 21.2 Ferr 170.5

06-Jan-23 NWP Iron 8.3 Ferr 123.2

Rapamycin 2mg 10th Jan

11-Jan-23 LM Iron 17 Ferr 150

19-Jan-23 NWP Iron 14.8 Ferr 152.6

25-Jan-23 NWP Iron 18.4 Ferr 147.6

I think the reason my iron was low on 6th Jan was heavy drinking over Xmas. I am currently planning on taking Rapamycin 4mg some time next week. However, that plan may change.

3 Likes

Pretty sure I may be late to the party with this post. I apologize if it’s a duplicate.

Bryan Johnson has this posted on his Blueprint site:

"Every two weeks, I take 13 mg of gastro protected Rapamune. … To personalize dose and measure for safety and efficacy we’ve measured my Rapamycin blood levels 90 min, 4.1 days and 13 days post administration.

Blood Rapamycin levels:
90 min: 26.5 ng/mL
4.1 days: 2.5 ng/mL
13 days: not detected

Previously maintained a weekly Rapamycin dosing protocol of 6 mg. 24 hours post blood Rapamycin levels of the 6 mg dose were 3.2 ng/mL."

I’m still pondering either 6 mg weekly, or 12 mg every two weeks. Still a bit undecided, and from everything I’ve read, nobody really knows what is best so it might just be a case of pick one and run with it for a while and wait for hopefully more data to come in pointing in one direction or another.

8 Likes

Does he use enteric-coated capsules or something similar? If he does and the rapamycin dose is truly gastro-protected, then 13mg is a pretty high dose.

2 Likes

Go with 12mg every two weeks. They (attia podcast) almost but agreed in high doses at longer intervals.

2 Likes

Ya, that’s what I’m leaning towards…thanks.

BTW I’m doing 10MG with GFJ+EVOO. I’m thinking of upping it to 12-15mg with GFJ+EVOO and only do it once per month. I think I’ll give it a try that way see what happens.

2 Likes

BTW, if you have never taken RAPA before it is suggested you start low dose and up it. When I started I did 2MG first week then 3 next week and then 5 and after a while went to 10

2 Likes

I’m sure he’s just using Rapamune, and he’s using layman’s terms for the nanocrystal technology they use: Rapamycin and NanoCrystal Formulations

3 Likes

I believe BJ is testing a new weekly protocol. One week 12mg, second week 6mg or something similar. Check again his blueprint notes.

1 Like

ls he taking injections or tablets?
“Rapamune® tablets, on the other hand, exhibited a 27% increase in the bioavailability of the drug”
Oh, well, I think I just stick to other forms of enhancement or take a few more pills.

Ya, I started with 3mg/week to get warmed up.

Oh right! Good find…in his July notes. He posts those using images so not searchable (I totally missed it!).

"Starting trialing new rapamycin protocol:
Week 1: 13 mg
Week 2: 6 mg
Week 3: 13 mg
Week 4: 6 mg

Safety + efficacy monitoring: body temp, sirolimus blood level, complete metabolic panel + routine biofluids, devices, imaging and fitness tests."

4 Likes

I attempted to move to a bigger dose on a 10 day dosing schedule but I didn’t like the kick in the butt from the bigger dose. I also didn’t like the P-I-T-A keeping track of a moving schedule (every dosing day was a different day of the week. I’m happy with a 7 day cycle now.

4 Likes

Perhaps I’m being too cautious but Blagosklony’s tweet & accompanying posted article on mtor surge is enough for me to put rapa on hold for a while until we get some clarity. Or maybe some very low daily or every other day low dose. I’m thinking until we get more info, taurine might be a safer play.

1 Like

I’m up to 7 mg every 10 days. I might slowly boost to 9 mg every 10 days. So far the only side effect I’ve noticed is an itchy ass on day 2 (and I’m not talking butt cheeks). It’s happened two times in a row and only on day 2. I sometimes get the the same issue the day after I eat raw kale. Maybe someone needs to study the effects of kale on mTor! (I kid).

5 Likes