Longevity leaders who take Rapamycin

I have added the longevity physician Terry Grossman to the list of people who take Rapamycin. In the latest great AgelessRx event on Youtube he revealed that he takes 12 mg of Rapamycin once every other week. For those of you who don’t know who Terry is, he co-authored two books with the futurist Ray Kurzweil. The most famous book he wrote was “Fantastic Voyage: Live Long Enough to Live Forever” which was published in 2004. One very interesting highlight in this book is that if we succeed in slowing down our aging then we will increase our odds to be here when the big potential breakthrough discoveries come which will hopefully help us live a radical long life. This idea is also something I personally try to align my own life according to.

If we now combine the female and male edition of the lists it’s a total of 31 longevity leaders who are taking Rapamycin. If I have missed someone or some information needs to be updated please send me a message or just comment below. I’m really trying to find more female physicians and researchers who take Rapamycin so if you know someone who may be interested in being part of the female edition of the list please contact me.

11 Likes

Is there any reason to not add Bob Nelson and Ned David - with the founding of Unity and Altos they have done more for longevity than many on the current lists

As world class biotech investors they also add one more level of legitimacy to the list

3 Likes

Thanks for the list, what about

2 Likes

@Neo Thanks for the reminder! Would be great if we can find the dose regime they use also but I will add them to the next version of the list. If you find anything around dosing please let me know!

@jaakdefour Yes, he took Rapamycin for a short period but he is not on it currently. The people who I would like to have on the list are people who are taking Rapamycin.

1 Like

What about that expert Krister Kauppi?

5 Likes

Yeah, he’s definitely a “longevity leader”
Come to think of it, so is @RapAdmin
And that guy who does the Wise Athletes podcast!

5 Likes

Interestingly the least frequent is every 2 weeks. I am sticking with every 21 days.

2 Likes

I want to know (a) how old are they, and (b) how long have they been doing their regimen? Bryan Johnson is 46 and has been doing his crazy stuff for a relatively short time. Get back to me in 30 years and if he’s still going strong, then I’ll consider him a “longevity leader”.

5 Likes

I do every two weeks and take a week off every 5th week. I’d go for 3 weeks if I dared take a bigger dose.

5 Likes

@KarlT Big thanks! There are quite many new people which I will add to the next version. Will see if I can add me in somehow :slight_smile:

@RPS Great suggestions!

@John_Hemming What dose do you take every 21 day?

@Dexter_Scott I like the suggestion and I had the plan to add that and also weight but it got a bit too personal which made it hard to get people to the list. Maybe I can add that as a parameter later on but most people on the list is around 45-65 years old.

@Joseph_Lavelle What dose regime are you currently on, Joe?

2 Likes

6mg with either part of a Pomelo or part of a Grapefruit. Zydus and Biocon sirolimus (I alternate supplier).

Apart from disrupted sleep (the first night and possibly the second) I have not identified negative side effects.

2 Likes

If a bunch of random names that aren’t ‘longevity leaders’ are added, the list will become useless, although we should appreciate people being nice in that way and all.

3 Likes

4mg 1x/14 days. I eat a grapefruit 3 hours before and with rapa. Other than the grapefruit I do not eat for 12 hours before rapa and 24 hours after rapa. I estimate an equivalent 12mg but I haven’t tested it.

After 2 doses I take off a week. Every year I take off a month (skip 2 doses). So I take about 18-19 doses a year.

1 Like

I’ll know that I’ve hit the big time when I make next year’s list!

7 Likes

Interestingly, female leaders take significantly less than male leaders, I didn’t do the math on this but it seems that this goes beyond simple per weight dosing.

3 Likes

Yes - it did seem a little less - and I don’t know the weight of these ladies or men. My wife weighs about 75% of my weight so she gets about 75% of my dose - this is based on lean body mass. It makes sense - but it does seem like they are going at it much more cautiously.

3 Likes

Reason #1396 why women live longer :rofl:

6 Likes

Doses taken with Grapefruit/Pomelo have a material multiplier effect. Hence I am taking possibly over 18mg every 21 days, With a half life of just under 3 days it means a week above 4.5mg. It may be over time that I should reduce the frequency of taking Rapamycin. It (probably) has taken my HbA1c up to 5% in a test done today that I received today (joy!) I took R on 12/4. It is difficult to be precise on HbA1c because some labs delay in testing. It may be I should have a cycle of a month of immediate test results, but in the end I am working on a broader pattern.

3 Likes

I only take 3 mg a week because of the fear of increasing my glucose

3 Likes

I did wear a CGM whilst taking rapamycin and it did seem to have an effect. I find wearing a CGM a bit of a nuisance as I have to be careful not to knock it off my arm. I saw an advert recently for a smart watch that monitors glucose. That would be nice, but the one I tried from China (E500) made up the results.

I think some day that will be possible. However, I had 6 mg of rapamycin with Grapefruit on 12th April and on 24th April my 1.75 hours post prandial non-fasting glucose was 4.1 mmol/L (which I think is about 73.8 in US units).

On the other hand I think my HbA1c had been pushed up a tad.

The reason I dose infrequently is to balance out the side effects and keep mTOR functioning normally hopefully most of the days in the dosing cycle.

1 Like