LDN & Rapamycin

Anybody try these 2 at the same time?

I’m already in LDN for 10+ years. Wondering if it’s contraindicated?

1 Like

I’ve been taking rapamycin for 3 years and just started LDN a month ago.
no contraindications

1 Like

When I saw Dr. Green for rapamycin consult, he said LDN was not contraindicated and noted that both have anti-inflammatory effects.

2 Likes

Same. I’ve been taking both for over a year. I assume Dr Green told me the same thing, but I don’t specifically remember. (I started LDN independently from agelessrx)

Hi Paul

Has LDN done anything for you that Rapamycin was not aready doing?

1 Like

Take both no issues.

Yes, reduced pain and allowed me to sleep through the night for the first time in 30 years.
Haven’t measured any bio makers yet

1 Like

Me too. I find that it works better when I randomize dosing sometimes.

I’ve been taking LDN for over 10 years too

I’m looking forward to trying Rapamycin. Are you taking it once weekly?

I’m currently on LDN 2-3x per week per this writeup: Low Dose Naltrexone

" As LDN does not need to be in your system in order for you to reap the benefits, an important question that needs to be asked, is how long will the rebound effect last after taking LDN? For some, the rebound effect can last longer than 24 hours in which case every other day dosing or three times a week (Mon, Wed, Fri) dosing is beneficial."

3 Likes

Thanks for this link. I had not seen this information.
I am 22 days into LDN. I’m up to 4.5mg 1x/day. I dose at wakeup. The benefit I sought and have found so far is improved sleep (no more nighttime bathroom visits).
I take 3mg rapamycin x GFJ (~10mg rapa equivalent) 1x/week. I weight 200lbs. I have no effects to report except the pleasure of doing something I believe in.

3 Likes

“I dose at wakeup”
Odd since most of the references I have read suggested that you take it at bedtime.
How did you decide to take it at wakeup?
Since I have a drawer full of the stuff and didn’t like its effects taken at bedtime, maybe I will give it a try at wake-up time.

Why take LDN at 9pm?
The therapeutic dose of LDN is usually between 1.5mg and 4.5mg. Dr. Blades will work with you to help you find your optimal treatment level. LDN is usually taken before bedtime (around 9pm) so that it’s peak effect will take place when your endorphins are at their peak level (around 3-4am).

Low Dose Naltrexone Therapy - Blades Wellness

https://www.bladeswellness.com › naltrexone-therapy

1 Like

@desertshores I started taking LDN at 9pm. When I was taking 1.5mg, that worked well. When I moved up to 3.0mg (on the way to 4.5mg), I started waking up at 2-3am in a state of agitation. Slept badly until I got up. This happened 3 nights in a row. I switched to taking at wakeup to get as far from sleep as possible. It worked perfectly. No more wakeup with agitation. The last 5 nights I have slept through the night without a single bathroom visit. I haven’t done that in a decade. I’ve been on 4.5mg for 2 days now.

4 Likes

desertshores, If you try it in the morning and it works I definitely want to know. Having given it two trials at night with bad results I don’t plan to try it again. And, I still have a box full of it that I’ve considered throwing away.

It doesn’t have too many benefits that can be measured directly except possibly by the CR test which is a measure of inflammation. Most of the things like sleep benefits are subjective. As I said, I have a drawer full of the stuff, so I will try taking it early in the morning. Since I haven’t changed anything else lately maybe it will show up as an improved CR number. If I have any negative side effects from taking it in the morning I will stop.

1 Like

Be sure to check out the link posted by @Arun which says many different dosing schemes are possibly useful…find what works for you, in any: time of day, days per week, etc.

2 Likes

FWIW

The physician who discovered the clinical used of LDN was Bernard Bihari, MD:(1931-2010)

Review the following;

“Bernard Bihari, MD: Low-dose Naltrexone for Normalizing Immune System Function”

A PDF copy available at todayspractitioner.com

Also review;

“Low-Dose Naltrexone (LDN)—Review of Therapeutic Utilization”

1 Like