Is 5 years of Rapamycin Enough?

Only 10%…we have a fighting chance, we absolutely CAN impact our healthspan/lifespan trajectory. But you have to choose to fight.

There have been many twins studies conducted, looking at this heritability data, which shines light on the epigenetics of cancer.

“the same cancer was diagnosed among 38 percent of the identical twins”

So even in identical twins (same genes), the heritability is only 38%, thus 62% epigenetic. Although in the paper referenced above, even the 38% heritability metric is considered high for several confounders.

So the 10% heritability metric for the overall general population is believable.

1 Like

Yes, you have to choose to be proactive. Can’t be lethargic. There are ways to prevent major diseases. There are both preventive and early detection strategies and these should be combined with rapamycin for optimal results.

I have also been taking rapa weekly/bi-weekly for 5 years. Saw Dr. Green in March 2017. I measure my progress via the Phenoage Calculator which gives me an biological age of 62, vs my true age of 75. I also take Empagliflozina to help control glucose both fasting and HBa1c, so that helps. Keep blood pressure below 110. Weight is 76 kg., 180 cm. tall. We have to work with what we have. Just continue to take rapa because it extends lifespan in every species tested. You do not say how old you are, big difference from 40 to 80.

4 Likes

I’m 67 . You must have been his first patient. I was soon after you. I tried every other week at a higher dose but find that I feel better in general with once a week dosing.

6 Likes

Hi Mac. I spoke to the people regarding the early cancer detection using the methods devised by Dr. Shamsuddin.
Excellent conversation. It’s just detecting a certain type of sugar but in order to make the cancer detection claim it needs FDA approval. They met with 20 of them this past week and they’re hopeful.
He gave me some absolutely incredible anecdotes on people that have had various cancers go into complete relapse on IP 6. Obviously just reports but the responses were striking nevertheless.
He’s sending me over a fairly recent published study on the use of IP 6 as a topical for breast cancer. Apparently the local absorption is very high. I’ll share when I get it.
To me the question now isn’t why take it, it’s why not?

3 Likes

@rivasp12

Thanks for the update, can be a very long arduous process, but they have conviction!

Yes, send along any further references.

Remind me, your exact dosing and brand taking?

I go for the cheapest option, so I get IP6 from vitacost.com and for every 2 I take, I add 1/8 tsp of inositol.
I had a very lengthy conversation with their doctor ( MD) spokesperson and the anecdotal stories that he told me about IP 6 we’re nothing short of stunning. Don’t forget that he has nothing to gain from the IP 6 conversation. I’m now upping my dose to 4/ day and will reread the book.
This kind of sharing of anecdotes between doctors is very common and is why the FDA allows for off label usage of drugs. Many, many clinical discoveries are made this way.
It also makes me think about the value of using it with rapamycin. Consider that it’s good for cancer, heart disease, osteoporosis, and immune function. Also inflammation and dementia. Sound familiar? And it doesn’t act via mTOR inhibition.
This could be a very worthwhile synergy.

3 Likes

Cheap, low risk, big upside…good equation!

I was trying to understand why both are combined.

http://ip-6.net/faq.html

Why combine Inositol with IP6?

“The scientific premise has been that the addition of inositol to IP6 in a 1:1 molar ratio would yield more of the lower inositol phosphate, IP3 (Ins 1,4,5 P3 is the most active isomer) a key regulator in cell, thereby increasing the efficiency of IP6. Indeed experiments have proven that the combination has resulted in synergistic, most consistent and safe, anticancer, and immune enhancing effect.”

2 Likes

I really don’t know. It’s a synergy but I’m not sure why.

These studies just die on the vine. No money in it.

“A combination of IP6 and inositol proved better than either compound separately at inhibiting tumor growth, possibly because together they yield inositol triphosphate (IP3), which regulates cell growth, she said.”

Seems counterintuitive to take a “sugar molecule” (inositol) for what is considered a sugar thirsty proliferator…cancer. Go figure.

1 Like

Yeah, it is counterintuitive if you think about it, but so is rapamycin, and then I saw this study where weekly prednisone cured obesity in mice. Go figure. It’s all too complicated for my IQ level.

How is Rapamcin counterintuitive…from an immunosuppression extending lifespan point of view? We’ve known for a long time mTOR1 suppression extends lifespans in various animal models.

Yes, from the immunosuppressive viewpoint. It’s why most doctors tell patients that they’re crazy to even consider it.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Rapamycin and Grapefruit Juice

Mac, so doctors are:
Very conservative by nature.
Not big on prevention which isn’t stressed in medical schools.
Risk averse.
Lawsuit conscious.
Anxious to not be criticized by their peers.
Like to have multiple human RCT’s.
Not willing to think outside the box.

4 Likes

Well, glad to have you with us!

Mac. To clarify, there is nothing wrong with those type of doctors. I’ve dealt with them my whole career and they’re a nice enough sort, they care about their patients and they fill a real need.
But medical science doesn’t progress without the Blagosklonny types who dare to think outside the box, express their views openly, make brazen predictions, and then self experiment. It is on the backs of these few and daring geniuses that medicine truly advances.

3 Likes

Mac. Yes, go for 800/200. If you get around to reading the book he explains the synergy. Need a degree in biochemistry to understand it.

Dr. Green was the 1st. patient.

2 Likes

Rivasp, have you looked into the BulkSupplements brand of IP-6 and Inositol (available on Amazon)? Seems like it is the most economical option and a reputable supplement brand.

For general prevention purposes in a healthy person, what is the daily dosage of IP-6 and Inositol recommended by Dr. Shamsuddin? Thanks.