IL-17 Protein Plays an Important Role in Skin Aging, FDA Approved Therapies Available

Yes - that is about average, or the median. See our poll here: What is the Rapamycin Dose / Dosage for Anti-Aging or Longevity?

2 Likes

@desertshores What dose of Rapa are you currently taking?

Thank you for referring me back to that thread, completely forgot about it.

5 mg per week is definitely a typical dose. For more detail see the poll RapAdmin linked to.

5mg once weekly with EVOO.

Are you still taking it with GFJ?

Lara what intradermal injections are you doing if I could ask?

I do all kinds of mesotherapy injections for my face and hands. I use Citocare 532, Mesohyal, Korean Ultra White and Ultrahilo. I also used Juvederm products (skin fillers).

2 Likes

Here’s another

IL-17 mediates immune responses against extracellular pathogens, and it is associated with the development and pathogenesis of various autoimmune diseases. The expression of IL-17 is regulated by various intracellular signaling cascades. Recently, it has been shown that mechanistic target of rapamycin (mTOR) signaling, comprised mainly of mTORC1 signaling, plays a critical role in IL-17 expression. Here, we review the current knowledge regarding mechanisms by which mTORC1 regulates IL-17 expression. mTORC1 positively modulates IL-17 expression through several pathways, i.e. STAT3, -HIF-1α, -S6K1, and -S6K2. Amino acids (AAs) also regulate IL-17 expression by being the energy source for Th17 cells, and by activating mTORC1 signaling. Altogether, the AA-mTORC1-IL-17 axis has broad therapeutic implications for IL-17-associated diseases, such as EAE, allergies, and colitis.

Full Paper (open access):

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/10.1002/eji.201545886

2 Likes