If you could only take 10 supplements a day, what would they be?

how does creatin help ? My dr suggested this I havent started yet

I think part of it is that they are perhaps more interested in uncovering pathways and understanding mechanisms that can modulate aging (that providing us biohackers a direct blue print ,)

With that knowledge new medicines that could be even more targeted and impactful could be developed.

It’s just curious to me how they decide to test that dose. “they consult with the experts and researchers”. But where are other studies that have used doses that high?

I’ve not looked, but usually there is a ton of smaller, unpublished efforts by researchers that guide decisions like this.

for example, the key endpoint in the recent rapamycin PEARL study, (reduction in visceral fat) was based on a small unpublished study that one of the key designers of the study had experience with.

2 Likes

Creatine has lots of benefits. Nothing directly to do with longevity, afaik.

I take it because I look slightly better in the mirror, compared to when I don’t.

1 Like

Top5 from this topic :

Glycine : 14
Magnesium : 13
Fish Oil-Omega 3 : 13
Taurine : 12
Vitamin D3 : 10

3 Likes

Rapamycin
Metformin
Acarbose
AKG
Fisetin
Lithium
NAD (NR)
Astaxanthin
Vitamin D3
Matter (from Elysium)

I’m currently taking these along with Altace (Ramipril), Lescol (Fluvastatin) CoQ10, Mg, Boron, Creatine and Taurine.

5 Likes

Antonio - I notice on your profile you responded:

Your Rapamycin Benefits?: repigmentation of hair

Can you share more about your results with your hair?

2 Likes

seems like the main thing is it builds your muscles?

1 Like

Vitamin D
Vitamin K
Fish Oil
Krill Oil
Astaxanthin & Lutein & Zeaxanthin
Creatine
Magnesium
Zinc
Vitamin C
Multi Vitamin

1 Like

It can lower homocysteine - especially in people who are meat protein restricted. And homocysteine might be bad for longevity.

2 Likes

Just for fyi- I started taking MSM couple days ago and boy is that thing really dangerous. It makes you so depressed it’s unreal (even if you are the most upbeat type this thing messed you up real well). Stay away from it, or at very least proceed with caution.

2 Likes

My understanding is that only Pantethine lowers LDL, not Pantothenic acid.

" The synthetic pathway from pantethine to CoA is much shorter than that of pantothenic acid, making pantetheine the preferred therapeutic substance. In addition, pantetheine has significant lipid-lowering activity, whereas pantothenic acid has very little if any effect in lowering cholesterol and triglyceride levels."

4 Likes

Pantothenic acid is also to some extent rate limited in conversion to CoA which Pantethine is not.

1 Like

Yes, I’ve read that since I started with pantothenic acid. If I was starting over i would take pantothine. I’m only reporting on my own experience. My ldl (71—>35) and apoB (64—>48) decreased while starting and continuing to take rapamycin despite dropping my rosuvastatin from 5mg / day to 5mg every other day.

My TG did increase however from 63–>67

I did make other changes that may have also been beneficial: started niacin 500mg per day (I’ve since transitioned to nicotinamide), I switched to Thorne fish oil, I started using methyl B formulation (folate, b6, b12) from Thorne.

3 Likes

It seems this may be best for athletes looking to gain ?

looks like a solid list! would any one here have a suggestion for a healthy shake not loaded with a lot of extras/ chemicals and all of that ??

Many years ago people thought of creatine only for bodybuilders. Newer studies have found there are many more benefits than that and also found it’s much safer to use than once thought. Creatine is not just for body builders anymore…

I take HOP Box, which is my longevity supplement company (19 Ingredients in daily packs). Our Ingredients - Hop Box - Human Optimization Project

Of the 19, I’m most excited about Dihydroberberine and Tributyrin right now.

Plus I take Fatty15 and creatine.

Scripts: Rapamycin, occasional Acarbose, HGH

Recent labs were excellent…A1c 5. Insulin 5, ApoB 26.

4 Likes

Thanks for sharing.

What goals do you have with this one and what has your experience been?

1 Like