If you could only take 10 supplements a day, what would they be?

It’s not realistic but imagine for whatever reason you were limited to 10 supplements a day what would they be? Let’s exclude all “prescription” drugs (ie rapamycin, acarbose, ect.) Also, consider excluding things that more closely resemble food such as protein powder. If you feel strong about a couple more go ahead and make it a list of 12. I have a hard time narrowing this down to 10 supplements myself but I’ll try. This is in no particular order…

1. Vitamin D3
  2. Chelated Magnesium
  3. Vitamins K2 MK4
  4. DHEA
  5. Melatonin
  6. Lithium
  7. Fish Oil
  8. Aged Garlic
  9. Thorne Pic-Mins
  10. Creatine

I just noticed this list looks pretty boring compared to my full list. I take a lot of supplements!

EDIT: Before you ask me a question about my list. How about if you share your own list? Thanks!

8 Likes

FWIW. My rule is that foods don’t count. So fish oil, protein powder, food spices, dried plant powders, etc) would not count against my limit (which is 10) unless I was taking giant doses.

4 Likes

Can you share more on what you like about this one?

I wish companies would publish the details of the ingredients in their supplements:

“Pic-Mins contains well-absorbed forms of zinc, selenium, chromium, manganese, molybdenum, boron, and vanadium. These trace minerals function as cofactors in numerous enzymatic reactions in the body.*”

Still - where is the citrate? That is perhaps the most significant possible supplement (in the grams, ideally over 5 grams per day)

3 Likes

I would love to just get down to 20 of my total list of supplements and medications.

7 Likes

I am not sure why. In many ways it is the quantity of inputs that is significant. If I take a small amount of 14 HDAC inhibitors that is not necessarily different to taking 14 times the quantity of one.

3 Likes

If only… Every month I’d attempt to reevaluate my vitamin stack and pare it down. I’ve stopped because I’d discover I was lacking something and ended up adding “just one more”. I either have very expensive urine or I’ll die a very healthy corpse.

4 Likes

I wasn’t trying to start a “what do you think about my stack” thread. I probably take over 30 supplements. I was hoping to hear from some people what 10 or so supplements they take are the very most important to them.

4 Likes

The truly “magical” supplements for an extraordinary life - ironically, they’re not even pills:

1. Quality Sleep.
  2. Regular Exercise.
  3. Balanced Diet
  4. Hydration
  5. Nature exposure
  6. Stress Management.
  7. Work-Life Balance
  8. Regular health check-ups

If you’ve got a steady dose of these in your daily regimen, hats off to you! :wink:

13 Likes

I’d vote for

Lithium — mood
Nicatinamide — NAD, skin, AGEs, etc
Nitrate/ nitrite NO booster
Berberine — gut health & blood sugar
NAC — glutathione boost
Glycine — glutathione, offset methionine
Citrate (w/ sodium, calcium, potassium) — “long genes” per John H.
Glucosamine — knee health and more
Pantothenic acid vit b5 — ldl lowering
ALA - AGEs

10 Likes

I’m surprised no one has mentioned taurine.

1. Taurine
  2. Glycine
  3. Cysteine NAC
  4. Vitamin D3
  5. Magnesium (citrate)
  6. K2 MK7
  7. Omega 3 (2X EPA vs DHA)
  8. Lithium orotate
  9. B Complex
  10. Citrulline

And of course prescriptions

1. Rapamycin
  2. Metformin
  3. Acarbose
  4. Bempedoic Acid + Ezetimibe (Brillo EZ)
13 Likes

Love the idea of this thread. These are mine:

1. Rapamycin
  2. Taurine
  3. Pycnogenol
  4. Vit D3 + K2
  5. Glynac
  6. Lutein, Zeaxanthin + mesoz
8 Likes

Rapamycin
Acarbose
Taurine
Glycine
NAC
Magnesium
Omega3
Vitamin D, its dark half the year in Norway :sweat_smile:
Astaxanthin
Grape seed extract

9 Likes

My top 10 supplements (leaving out the drugs)

Glycine
Taurine
Creatinine
Carnosine
Vitamin D3
Lithium
Omega 3
Astaxanthin
Niacin/ Vitamin B3
Quercetin

6 Likes

rapa
acarbose
sglt2 - jardiance
statins - simvastatin/ezetimibe combo
sirt 6 activator (donotage)
melatonin
novos core (bit of a cheat)
vitamin k2
vitamin d3
magnesium

7 Likes

Thanks for asking this question! Since there are literally thousands of supplement options, a top ten is nice! I use a simple formula that has served me well through the years and tends to be more minimalistic. I need to have a subjective and or objective change / measure to justify why I am taking a specific supplement. Vitamin D (with K2 in my supplement) is a good example of the objective change that can be measured and has data to suggest health benefits, but subjectively I have never noted a change. Magnesium has subjective change for assisting in my sleep and bowel health. I am always willing to try something new that makes sense, but I must be able to notice and or measure a change that is supportive of me using it long term:)

1. Vit D3 5,000 ( with K2)
  2. Fish Oil
  3. B-COMPLEX ( methylated)
  4. Creatine
  5. NMN
  6. Melatonin - in multiple forms of sleep combinations with many others ( 5-HTP, GABA, L-Dopa, L- Glycine, L-theanine, Lemon Balm
  7. Electrolytes
  8. Whey protein
  9. Collagen
  10. Methylene Blue.
6 Likes

Great thread :sunny:
My top 10 would look like this
1.Glucosamine
2.Taurine
3.Lithium
4.Fishoil
5.D3 + K2 MK7
6.Niacin
7.NAC
8.TMG
9.Glycine
10. Melatonin

6 Likes

A tough question.

Taurine
Glycine
Citrulline
Creatine
Psyllium
Lithium
Curcumin BCM-95
Quercetin in Phytosome complex.
B complex
Magnesium ( In different formulas)

I don’t write natto or fisetin. I use them but not on regular basis.

There are a few good ones, that I had to leave outside the list. Gotu kola + pine bark extract. Pomegranate.

But the runner up that might be on the list, if you ask me in a few months, is Myricetin.

5 Likes

Immune modulation:
Rapamycin 6mg once a week
Liposomal turmeric (novasol) 500mg daily
Omega 3 fish oil

Energy:
Liponmn 500mg alternate day with liponr/nmn/nad 500mg on other day on days of exercise (reduced to 250mg if not exercise)
Liporesveratrol 150mg alt day
TMG 1 g daily
Taurine 3g daily
LipoCaAKG

Covid prevention:
Liposomal vit c daily
Liposomal vit d3/k2 daily

Covid exposure/crowds:
Lipoquercetin 500 mg before exposure

Covid infection:
Lipoquercetin 500mg 3x daily
Zinc 100mg daily
Increase lipovit c and d3/k2 to 3x a day

Muscle and bones:
Magnesium l-theronine 300mg (magtein ) daily Liposomal
Glucosamine chondroitin 500/400 3x daily
Hyaluronic acid daily

Metabolism:
Metformin 1g or Lipoberberine x2 on days I don’t exercise or give in to carb temptation.

Senolytics:
Lipofisetin 600mg daily for 3 days once a month for 5 months every 2-3 years

Sleep:
Lipoapigenin 1x at night

5 Likes

My top 10:

Astaxanthin
Finasteride
Tadalafil
Rosuvastatin
Ezetimibe
CoQ10
Zinc
Vitamin B
VItamin D3+K2
Psyllium husks

I currently take 30 different supplements and medications.

5 Likes