If you could only take 10 supplements a day, what would they be?

I never really thought of it as a “feel better” thing.
I started collagen because I have Lymes which eats the collagen in the nerve sheath and/or joints. Part of a protocol that has served me well.
Mark Sisson calls it a "practically the fourth macronutrient and I like his approach.
Makes sense to get it into the diet because we are now so muscle-meat centric and don’t consume the collagen rich parts like ancestors did.
All combined I want to make sure I’m not missing all the collagen that my body can get. I’m constantly rebuilding . My wife takes it too, feeling like it helps keep her skin stay…plump.

No, I don’t think most would notice it.
Only in the sense that perhaps that’s why - as an active 67 yo that I don’t have any knee / joint problems and more certainly why my nerves don’t hurt like they did years back.

Anthony’s Collagen Grass Fed, Unflavored $22. 1# is very fair cost. Mixed with Creatine in my fresh limeade.

1 Like

I actually had ordered collagen peptides because I sow some YouTube clip a doc said that’s the best one to take. I looked at ingredients and resembled very closely to whey protein (maybe different ratios) but literally couldn’t see any different amino/ingredient so to me I said i might as well use protein instead (much cheaper). Your point about in today world people eating mainly meat and not other animal body parts, but if remember correctly collagen I got was from the skin of cows only, that’s basically it jut one think/body part of the animal. Again it probably is a good idea, but for me the ingredients were very similar/if not same a whey protein. I don’t think price is necessarily the only determining factor but I need to feel I’m getting money’s worth. In your case it seems you think it’s been worth and that is great. Whatever you feel is working you should keep doing it until it doesn’t work any longer.

2 Likes

Sounds wise. I think there is a lot of overlap though neither can replace the other. I’ve started on Essential Amino acids and Whey protein but, haha, the cost! and I really do eat a lot of protein. Depends on each person’s diet. I have always been attracted to protein.

@medaura
I put 2 teaspoons of chia seeds in my overnight oats that I eat almost daily and don’t really notice them. I’m sure you could add a larger amount. My recipe:

I usually make 6 mason jars at a time. This is what goes in each jar.

2/3 cup of rolled oats
1/2 cup of kefir milk
1/2 cup of almond or oat milk
1 tablespoon of pure maple syrup
1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
Pinch of salt
Stir each jar before proceeding
2 teaspoons chia seeds
add chia seeds to 1 jar and stir immediately before adding chia seeds to the next jar as chia seeds can clump if left unstirred right away.

Put the jars in the refrigerator overnight before consuming. Me and my wife consume these 6 jars over the 4 following days. I usually eat a full jar. My wife eats 1/2 jar. If you don’t want to use kefir you can just use 1 cup of “milk” of your choice. I like the probiotics in kefir. I originally used raw honey instead of maple syrup but heard that honey contains some natural antibiotic (that’s great to soothe a sore throat or in you smoothie) but might kill some of the probiotics in the kefir when left together over time. If you add a larger amount of chia seeds you might need to add more milk or it will be too thick.

2 Likes

That actually sounds like it would be tasty. A bit higher production than I’d prefer but I might try it.

It’s six ingredients and no cooking. I think it takes me about 5 minutes start to finish lol

1 Like

Make a sloppy wet bowl of oatmeal. Add chia seeds. Walla!

2 Likes

Yes! That’s what I do… I just let it sit in the fridge overnight and don’t cook it

I find it easiest to stir chia seeds into natural greek yoghurt and eat straight away. I have about 15g with a normal portion (125g) of yoghurt and don’t even notice them. Worth taking a drink of water afterwards.

Ha yes but one of those ingredients is milk kefir which has a whole production process by itself to make. I love kefir and I routinely try to make it but after a few batches I somehow manage to break my mason jar and end up taking a break of a few months.

Although that is probably OK I would personally wait a bit. It takes a while for the seeds to absorb water. Best that this happens before they pass the teeth.

Ok yes. That is a production. I just buy it

1 Like

The protein powder is Probably my favorite!

1 Like

Kefir is not a protected product and what is sold as kefir in stores usually isn’t kefir

1 Like

Put big colander in big pot, stir scoop grains back into jar, done…

1 Like

Yeah I’d have to make my own if I go down the kefir route.

1 Like

Specifically, what kind of HDAC inhibitors?

why TMG? I recall Sinclair taking it now and then.

1 Like

what dose of Pantothenic acid vit b5? timing?

1 Like

No specific classes generally ic50>10 mocromolar

1 Like