How to Reverse Skin Aging

That may be the case in the US but I’m not sure it’s the same for the UK. Although, I may be wrong here. I always think the best way is to give it a try and see if it works.

1 Like

I have access to most skin products including prescription Retin-A, and have used them on and off over the years. I have been using the rapamycin spray formula for several months now. Since the effects are gradual I didn’t really notice the effects myself from looking in the mirror, but I recently had a birthday party and I was surprised at how many people complimented me on my skin “Wow, you have great skin for an 82 yr old!”
Currently, the only thing that I am using on my skin is the rapamycin spray.
Really, for younger people, I think this is by far the cheapest and most effective way to go. I don’t think any of the current skin products, including the well-documented effects of Retin-A compare with the healing effects and age slowing effects of rapamycin. I think there is a synergistic effect between the oral and external application of rapamycin.

7 Likes

The evidence for the anti-ageing effects of No7 may fall somewhat short of the “scientific breakthrough” claims. But, given that this is a face cream, many people will probably be willing to take a gamble.

2 Likes

Cosmetic and skin care has different rules and it is much easier to launch products with new technology (look at L’Oreal for example). Even Oneskin was launched when they were researching the anti-aging substances but decided to launch skincare and not do medical trials as this means raising a lot of money and loosing a lot of time.

2 Likes

Yes, many companies do make that claim, and they do shoddy in-house testing to back up their product claims, but in practice they disappoint. If they do choose to publish in cosmetic chemistry or dermatology journals, that is not saying much, because the standards are low for most of them. It takes a long time for actives to be accepted as truly useful, and many of them are still debatable, such as topical ascorbic acid.

I’ve tried just about everything and am jaded. Especially for something you can get without rx at Target. Peptides are never a first line of treatment. Maybe if you have money to burn, you can add them to your routine, but keep your expectations low.

2 Likes

I agree with low expectations. I am just carefully monitoring Oneskin which is not available in Europe, but as soon as it will be I will be trying it. Seems promising.
I tried everything in skincare but only visible longterm results I get from tretinoin which I use daily since almost a decade. I wish I were more religious with UVA/UVB but still at 48 my skin is doing quite well.

2 Likes

How do you do it yourself?

I do it myself (have nursing degree).

2 Likes

problem with that is that it is ungodly painful with no topical anesthetic and these conventional things like emla cream etc. are practically worthless so i am now working on how to formulate my own topical anesthetics as i have read it can be done and can be much more effective than any conventional agents. Do u use any topical anesthetics and if so what. Otherwise how do u put up with the pain and do u really do it every 1/4 of an inch. That must be tedious as hell and take a long long time i can’t see how u can do whole face in one sitting.

I’ll say that amazon is so irresponsible. Don’t buy anything from a seller or brand monoHerb . I bought nmn from that company couple years ago and there was no nmn at all in it. NMN from monoHerb was not the same consistency nor same color nor same taste. I am pretty sure there is no NMN at all in the monoHerb so
called NMN. Look also at a review for monoherbs SAM-e where the customer sent it in to a lab for test and it came back with no active ingredient at all. This was years ago and amazon has been informed of that rip-off ukranian monoHerb but they still carry their products. Why has amazon been allowed to sell things all this time i don’t know. They seem to ignore all customer complaints.

1 Like

did u inject it every 1/4 of inch on your face and if so how deep were the injections and what guage needle did u use or use a cannula or whatever it called.

Do you have any idea how?

Fillers come with lidocaine. Meso cocktails are injected superficially - 1.5-2mm depth and it’s not painful.

Yes, I think that’s exactly it. When I was only using it only on one arm, one main difference that I had to overlook was that arm was much more tan than the other.

there are a few articles on it and just follow those which are not too difficult

I looked up the book you mentioned Skin Aging Handbook and find that it costs $237 on Amazon… beyond my means. Can you share your formula for skin cream using topical Niacinamide? Instead of ordering the powder could I just take a capsule of Niacinamide and open it up and use the powder in some skin cream?

1 Like

Where do you get your Rapamycin spray?

@zazim, after spending a week at the beach while using OneSkin twice daily on my face and body as well as sunscreen outdoors I’m really impressed. Usually the sun, sand, wind and ocean and pool water is much, much harder on my skin. I’m going to keep using it even though it’s a stretch for my self imposed frugal budget!

3 Likes

I make it myself. Everything you need to know about making your own is in the
“DIY Rapamycin skin cream” thread.

2 Likes

The book itself does not give a formula. I am hesitant to pass on what I do as I am a hack :). But generally you can mix niacinamide with distilled water to a 5% solution. Another key component is getting the PH down to the 5-6 range. I thought the following site gave a passing way of making a home made serum. But there might be much better out there. Good luck.

1 Like