How to Reverse Skin Aging

The Korean version is called Ultrahilo. There are many videos on YouTube.

3 Likes

I am not sure if the links work.

https://n1o1.com/wp-content/uploads/2021/05/2_Int_Journal_Pharmacy_ACNE_STUDY.pdf

1 Like

I am sorry, I just looked at the pictures of the treated and untreated faces. Other than increased wound healing I see no significant benefit in using such a high-priced supplement.
I believe Retin-A, which is relatively easy to get by subscription or from India, along with the self-made rapamycin creams/sprays are a much bigger bang for the buck.

3 Likes

Never look at the photos. They are always manipulated. He did have some amazing photos of wound healing that are accurate but hard to look at. Remember that this is not a substitute for Retinal or rapamycin cream. It is a base to improve oxygen flow. You still need your skincare products.

I am more interested in the nitric oxide lozenges.

1 Like

I checked the ingredients, it is really sodium nitrite and ascorbic acidā€¦ both ingredients cost like zero. All other ingredients are preservatives, stabilizersā€¦ some vitamin E and other skin humectants. Literally it is relaying on chemical reaction between sodium nitrite with ascorbic acid and forms nitric oxide.
I would not call it snake oil as nitric oxide has probably some beneficial properties for the skin. One could probably experiment at home with buying some cheap hyaluronic acid serum, in one bottle make 20% solution of ascorbic acid (the cheap vitamin C) and in the other maybe 1% solution of sodium nitrite. The whole thing would cost maybe 20 EUR if you would start with commercially available ascorbic acid serum and just add sodium nitrite to hyaluronic acid serum (e.g. ordinary has cheap serums) and maybe it would cost you 5 EUR if you would start from scratchā€¦ this 180 USD N1O1 Nitric Oxide Activating Serum is a scam!

3 Likes

Oh, I am confident you could make this more cheaply at home. Almost anything you can buy at a store would be similar, including PCs and every high end cosmetics. I would gladly pay to avoid that time and effort. My time is much more valuable. The French Laundry is a scam!

But wouldnā€™t you be a little bit cautious if every product regarding nitric oxide is promoted by Nathan Bryan who has financial interest in all of them? He personally owns or has shares in companies producing these products and the only ā€œactiveā€ ingredient in this supplements and serum in sodium nitrite and rely on simple chemical reaction of adding vitamin C that reacts and creates nitric oxide. Both costs almost zero, but still these supplements and serum are really expensive and promise almost miraculous changes for CV health or skin. He and his colleagues (maybe even shareholders, I did not dig that deeply, but Greg Chernoff, who is author of all the studies above never discloses any potential conflict of interest in any of the above, but he states in an interview that he and Nathan Bryan collaborate since 5 years / that was in 2020) are authors of most of the studies published. That is all. I reviewed some other studies on sodium nitrite supplementation and the results are mixed especially since we seem to develop tolerance quite soon and beneficial effects are diminished.

2 Likes

Of course, you should be cautious, but that is common. Often the only party interested in funding the studies is the company with something to sell. He is a reputable scientist, however. He also has patents on these products, including the ones you are suggesting we should make it home!

1 Like

It is ā€œpatent pendingā€ :no_mouth:

I am just an end user. We have one famous physician that posts here. She prescribes this scam supplement to her patients when warranted. Perhaps you should give her the benefit of your ā€œresearchā€, lol.

1 Like

Hereā€™s a good synopsis I found on Profhilo, nucleofill, and Rejuran. I didnā€™t do a deep search on availability, but I saw that Ultrahilo is available on Indiamart for $50 per box.

3 Likes

You know, I am European, and heath and medicine in most part is not yet business and for profit and whenever a doctor suggest a very expensive supplement I am wary. I am not disputing that there might be something in nitric oxide supplementation I was just saying that taking a really cheap ingredients like vitamin C and sodium nitrite if indeed is beneficial in so many ways should be made available for a reasonable price not priced to make someone rich. But since the one researching and getting rich from this same research which hasnā€™t really been confirmed by other independent researchers makes me even more cautious.
But it wouldnā€™t be the only case in this world where money and profit is above ethics and common good. And letā€™s leave at that. I did not say that you should not use/take this product at the end it is your money and people use it for far useless purposes than trying a supplement that may or may not work and I wish you best results with it but I wanted to point out that all that glitters is not gold.

3 Likes

It requires 5 (stinging) injections on each side of your face. I go to the practitioner. But ppl who are comfortable with giving injections, like nurse, can do it by themselves i guess.

2 Likes

The one I know is called Seventy Hyal. And my Korean friends recommend it. I will tell you what I think in a few months. Also I plan having Rejuran healer done on my dƩcolletƩ.

2 Likes

Bryan Johnson is now using Fontana Laser, he says:

1 Like

Darn, Iā€™m sure thereā€™s no home version of that one for us commoners!

Laser Face Lifting: Fotona 4D is the most effective non-invasive facelift, which is a combination of 4 methods of laser exposure to tissues outside and in the oral cavity. These technologies enhance each otherā€™s action, allowing you to get an impressive result of rejuvenation and lifting without a long recovery period. Laser 4D rejuvenation is:

-multilevel laser lifting skin rejuvenation to the deep layers of the dermis
-correction of problems of the ā€œnasolabial triangleā€
-smoothing of the skin

Price: $1200 (including home care products)

Liplase: The Fotona laser is performed not only externally from the surface of the skin, but also from the side of the oral cavity ā€“ the mucous membrane of the cheeks and lips without damaging its surface. As a result, the laser affects the entire thickness of tissues: the surface of the skin of the face, subcutaneous fat, muscles, and most importantly, the ligamentous apparatus of the face, which provides a powerful tightening (lifting) effect.

Price $299

SmoothEyeĀ®: is a new and exciting non-ablative treatment for tightening of the area around the eyes and reducing the appearance of wrinkles, eye bags, and dark circles. SmoothEyeĀ® significantly tightens loose and aging skin of the eyelids and peri ocular region with little-to-no downtime and maximum patient comfort, making this a very sought after non-invasive cosmetic procedure. After a few treatment sessions, the result is improved skin elasticity, overall structure, and volume with significant wrinkle reduction.

Price $399 for one session / $960 for pack of three sessions

4 Likes

I feel like Bryan Johnson is overdoing IPL and now heā€™s adding Fotonaā€¦

Nowadays more and more companies are making at-home devices. So just wait a few years and there will be some at-home version of these expensive in-office treatments.

There is an at-home laser device called Nira. Reviews have been good - there are plenty of videos on YouTube. Itā€™s currently sold out. I may get it at Black Friday.

5 Likes

How is that different than NIR LEDā€™s. Light is light, right?

There are issues about frequency, intensity and total energy. If the intensity is too low nothing happens, if it is too high damage is caused if the energy is too high damage is caused, The effect varies by frequency.

3 Likes