How to Reverse Skin Aging

@scta123, fantastic! I hope you like it and are able to get more if you get hooked like me!:nerd_face:

2 Likes

He comes few times a year :innocent: and I might visit more often too. I used visit US at least twice a year… but since Trump and covid I haven’t really been much to US.

1 Like

Where are you using the tret and how often? If I went through 10 ml a month my skin would be falling off in giant sheets and my face would look/feel like I was using sandpaper on it.

Do you have any opinions on topical dasatinib?

https://pubs.acs.org/doi/10.1021/acsptsci.2c00245

1 Like

Face and neck, pea sized amount on face and pea sized amount on my neck. Every evening. Neck sometimes becomes irritated with daily use, so I skip sometimes a day. I use 0,05 concentration. I trained also my periorbital skin and use it there too. It was a 6 months of training the skin, but did it some 10 years ago. First month I would use it once a week, second month twice weekly… and so on… now I can use it daily without problems on my face. Corners of eyes and neck sometimes get irritated and red but only in winter, when it is really cold. I would never use it right after washing my skin or showering. I always wait at least an hour. And as I explained somewhere I haven’t used any skin cleanser in years. I only use water. My skin gets really irritated and red if I use any stripping cleanser.

PS: I just googled what pea sized amount is in terms of size and it is defined as 0,25g… so in fact I should say I use scant pea sized amount :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

I think it (and other senolytics) will be effective and will be trying them this fall in my own DIY skin senolytic cream. See here: Senolytics Topically Administered to Skin for Antiaging Effects

3 Likes

Would you combine senolytics with microneedling, nanoneedling or ultrasound for penetration?

1 Like

I wouldn’t combine “home made” senolytics cocktails with micro needling or any kind of needling bc they are not sterile.

7 Likes

Would you combine the healthspan topical rapamyacin with micro needling?

I agree with Lara on this… that would be extremely risky and so wouldn’t try it.

4 Likes

Same issue - its not sterile (its designed for topical use), so very risky I think.

4 Likes

how could one possibly know with any accuracy that u are injecting at that depth 1.5 to 2mm esp when the skin is not hard fixed but rather flimsy
and have no reference plane. So u use 32 awg. They bend so easily. I guess generally painful only for the first injection if contains lidocaine as then it gives anesthesia for the next and the next for the next and so on as i have done before also. So say u did it on frontal face and forehead of say 40square inches using that every 1/4 inch then that is 40 times 16=640 injections.How tedious and time consuming that must be. When i only insert a 29awg needle as to what i would guesstimate or consider 2mm or less into skin and attempt to inject the fluid just comes right back out on the surface - does not go into skin. For only topical and not injectionsi wonder why i don’t see anything at all about DMAE or has anyone or know of anyone who has tried it. At between 3 and 10%(sometimes more)
i see in the literature it is claimed to noticeably tighten the skin and is really inexpensive esp if you mix it yourself. I have been using for almost year and cannot notice any tightening or else it’s really subtle.

does it come with lidocaine with or without epinephrine and if so what amount like 1/100,000, 1/200,000 etc. or what ?

Dan, you lost me a little. What are you asking about?

1 Like

New research review / summary on Skin Aging (out of China, I make no claims on its accuracy):

Research Progress on Skin Aging and Active Ingredients

With the advancement of living standards in modern society and the emergence of an aging population, an increasing number of people are becoming interested in the topic of aging and anti-aging. An important feature of aging is skin aging, and women are particularly concerned about skin aging. In the field of cosmetics, the market share of anti-aging products is increasing year by year. This article reviews the research and development progress of skin aging and related active compounds both domestically and internationally in recent years. The results show that, in terms of the research on skin aging, the popular theories mainly include free radicals and oxidative stress theory, inflammation theory, photoaging theory, and nonenzymatic glycosyl chemistry theory. In terms of research on the active ingredients with anti-aging activities in the skin, there are numerous reports on related products in clinical studies on human subjects, animal experiments, and experimental studies on cell cultures, with a variety of types. Most of the compounds against skin aging are sourced from natural products and their action mechanisms are mainly related to scavenging oxygen free radicals and enhancing antioxidant defenses. This review provides important references for the future research of skin aging and the development of related products. Although there is a great progress in skin aging including related active ingredients, ideal compounds or products are still lacking and need to be further validated. New mechanisms of skin aging, new active ingredients sourced from natural and artificial products, and new pharmaceutical forms including further clinical validations should be further investigated in the future.

1 Like

Home made banana peel facial mask: blend 1 banana peel, egg white (1 egg), a few drops of castor oil. Apply liberally to skin for 20 min.

Banana peel can be replaced by strawberries. Alternating banana peel and strawberries produces excellent results.

Drops of Manuka honey could be added to both.

whether the lidocaine in that meso… stuff has epinephrine or not

No lidocaine in meso. You can apply topical lidocaine if needed. I don’t feel any pain when injecting at 2 mm depth with 30-32g needle.

“Beauty is in the eye of the beholder” The same principle applies to the results of tens of thousands of beauty products I have seen promoted and hype promising to make your skin look younger. Meh.

So if you have a condition that needs to be treated, then do it.

Millions of people around the world have beautiful skin and use no cosmetics, supplements, etc.

I use prescription tretinoin along with rapamycin to control my actinic keratoses.

Yes, some supplements reduce fine lines and plump up the skin. But again, IMO, Meh
They are hardly worth the money.

If you want to have youthful skin, start rapamycin early, stay out of the sun, eat healthy, and exercise.
But even doing this there is no evidence that you are going to escape the effects of gravity and entropy.

Aging produces facial bone loss and internal anti-aging protocols such as rapamycin are the only way to slow this down.

So be a minimalist when it comes to external cosmetics, otherwise, you are just wasting your money.

Sorry to be so negative about this but this is from a lifetime of observing friends and family spending loads of money on beauty products to look younger.

4 Likes

I totally understand your point of view here, the cosmetics industry is for the most part full of below par products, but, we’re in a really interesting time where we’re beginning to see a huge explosion in aging biotech. Technology, even cosmetics technology, especially where it meets biotech is making progress. Nothing is static, the fact that we’re on this site discussing Rapamycin is testament to that.
I’m not in any way interested in cosmetics, but I have been interested in aging though for a long time.
I love to research and if I think there might be some genuine benefit, based on science, then I’ll give something a try. It’s a minefield though, and I have to say that there’s a lot of garbage out there. But even within the field there’s a lot of snake oil. But all of that said, I’ve found a few things that have made a difference. Oneskin is a good example, there are one or two other things, but they’re just too pricey. We’re all different and all have different goals. Prevention is by far the best cure, but that’s not always possible for people who might have just gotten interested and have neglected their appearance. In my case, I’m interested in trying to slow down the process as much as I can, inside and out. I believe there’s a strong link between how we look and how we feel, so I don’t think the drive for people to try and preserve their youthful looks is all that surprising. So while you’re probably correct that you’ve observed a lifetime of people spending loads of money and not getting any results, I’m not sure that’s going to be true for long.

1 Like