How does Rapamycin make you feel?

Blsm, how old was your dog that had the dramatic improvement? Sorry if it was mentioned before but I didn’t catch it.

2 Likes

I should have a full set of pre and post data by the end of this month to report (I’ll add it to the thread where I put all the pre data).

4 Likes

He’s between 14-16. We rescued him so don’t know his exact age.

2 Likes

No. It’s absolutely possible – and even likely – that a situation like that would be placebo.

2 Likes

What protocol do you use, sir?

See here Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime? - #2 by RapAdmin

3 Likes

I’m awaiting my Rapamycin now and hoping I have the same benefits. I have had shoulder pain for 10 years and use readers too. Thanks for sharing your experience.

2 Likes

Solving shoulder pain is an effect a number of people have experienced from rapa. Depending on the cause of your pain I’d say you have a decent chance of seeing a diminishment in that pain.

Several other tissues seem to respond quickly to rapa, including gums, ovaries, and the body’s immune response to vaccines (that particular test happened after 5-6 weekly doses of rapa followed by two weeks off).

From my experience on this site, eyesight effects have not been commonly mentioned. So I can understand the poster’s skepticism.

I have extraordinarily good eyesight. For most of my life I had better than 20-10 vision, where what most people could see at 10 feet I could see at 20.

The brief period of needing reading glasses in grad school followed a two week road trip in which I wore cheap sunglasses most of the day every day then went to school and was reading constantly. My eyes were rather upset and it took a few months before I found the reading glasses were no longer necessary.

In the past few years I had an iPhone 11 with a 60 hz screen. I found it was killing my eyes when I scrolled. Eventually my eyes needed reading glasses to focus well.

I got the iPhone 13 with a “pro-motion” 120hz screen in fall 2021. This helped my eyes immensely, but I still needed reading glasses for the next year or so. That was when I began Rapamycin.

After a few weeks of using it I found the reading glasses were no longer necessary. Now, about 8-9 weeks in, I don’t use the glasses and don’t feel my eyes getting tired.

So, was it the rapa, the better display technology, the placebo effect, or some combination of the above or even something else? Not sure.

All I know is I needed reading glasses and now I don’t. (Hoping this level of detail is helpful for those evaluating the claim).

7 Likes

I assume you’re referring to improvement in periodontal disease after eight weeks of treatment. (Discussed around an hour twenty minutes in.)

I have had periodontal disease for decades. I have…dental implants, bridges, crowns…and five original teeth. Crowns last a few years, then decay gets under the crown, put on another crown, decay gets under that one, nothing left, time for an implant. So while I’m 70, my teeth are, like, 140.

Given the association of periodontal disease with cognitive decline, maybe this is why I get stupider with every passing year.

So it will be interesting to see, if I can tolerate the annoying side effects of rapamycin long enough, whether my dental hygienist, unprompted, comments on any observed improvements at my next visit in June.

4 Likes

Actually that was correcting frozen shoulder in him a human… the periodontal discussion was concerning mice… but yes… those gum and teeth issues resolved in 8 weeks. On mouse aging time, so in human… maybe 6 months.

3 Likes

Right, I missed the word ‘his’. And I didn’t listen long enough.

Like I said, I get stupider with every passing year.

From the joint or muscle pain point of view, I have osteoarthritis in my fingers and toes, but it’s only really painfully apparent on occasion between my right thumb and index finger. So another marker where I’m looking to see if there’s some improvement over time.

1 Like

I was suffering from pain in my left thumb lower joint… was constant… arthritis- gone after 4 months on rapamycin… also was having some shoulder pain…left and right… fully resolved… now 3 years out…doing pretty substantial weight lifting targeting shoulders… no pain… no recovery time after workouts.

Literally pain free in entire body… no neck, back pelvis or knee pain.

5 Likes

Hi @timsbq

I’m a ME/CFS and Fibromyalgia sufferer (age 49, 20+ years, post-exertional malaise [flu-like feeling, fatigue], headaches, body aches, unrefreshing sleep) who is also eager to try rapamycin.

I did a research summary for rapamycin for ME/CFS and anti-aging in general here:

There’s an encouraging blog article on Health Rising about a 79-year old physician who got remission from his 10-year ME/CFS after six weeks of rapamycin 6 mg, although commenters reported more mixed results.

There’s also this in vitro study on ME/CFS lymphoblasts that indicate elevated mTORC1 signalling activity:

8 Likes

Great research summary!

4 Likes

Can you please give me the link to the parabiosis clinical trial that you are using

Plasmapheresis, not parabiosis… Here, thought they’ve already fully recruited for the study: Plasmapheresis Startup Looking for Clinical Trial Participants SF Bay Area

Here is another one I’ve heard of:

Link: RB - MaxWell Clinic

We are thrilled to announce two exciting new clinical trial opportunities at MaxWell Clinic! Our team is dedicated to advancing medical research and providing our patients with the latest and most effective treatments.

Let’s crack the code on aging, the number one cause of chronic disease. This is the most advanced study ever conducted into the age-reversal effects of plasma exchange. We’re recruiting a committed cohort for a paid trial to evaluate plasmapheresis as a potential rejuvenation/regeneration therapy. Specifically, this trial will be conducted to gather data on the impacts of plasmapheresis on aging, neurodegeneration, vascular health and immune function.

Plasmapheresis is an FDA-approved procedure for more than 50 indications and it has been shown to improve a range of health measures. We believe it may be beneficial for even relatively healthy individuals.

1 Like

I have to get esophageal dilation every couple of years. If rapamycin offers relief that would be extraordinary! Anyidea what mechanism makes this effect happens? Today was day 2 of 1 mg rap. :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Yes, of course the potential of improvement depends on the person. For me the neurological problem of dysphagia (choking) was remedied in about 6 months from rapamycin use. Nerve cells are specialized and the toughest to figure out. We know rapamycin cleans and restores all cells… nerve cells included.

I can now wolf down the driest bread or thickest, dry chunk of meat with no liquid .

I struggled for years… just knew I would die from choking. Now I eat never even think of it… steak… no problem.

My son who is 30 years had similar choking on food issues (hereditary?)

For him cured , after 3 months use of rapamycin He stopped using rapamycin at 6 months and problem hasn’t come back.

IWhen I shared how rapamycin cured my dysphagia… Researcher Matt Kaeberlein was intrigued… not impossible.

Needs a human clinical trial… but when?

6 Likes

Wow, what’s your dosage and frequency?