How does Rapamycin increase healthspan and lifespan

I know it works via MTor pathway, but I’m curious if there’s more. I also know it removes and reprograms senescence cells and lowers IGF.

So would testosterone be contraindicated?

Is senescence cells main driver of healthspan and healing factors?

1 Like

Yes - the general belief is its the mTORc1 pathway primarily causing the lifespan increase, but there are also other avenues I’ve heard… from it being “senomorphic” to microbiome impacts, and others. But nobody knows for sure yet, I don’t think.

We have many people here using rapamycin with Testosterone (TRT) without problem… so at least from the people here it seems OK, though you bring up the issue that it might not be optimal, which may be the case. Again - we’re in the early days of research here in terms of all the combinations and impacts of these different pathways.

Regarding scenescent cells… they are, I believe, one of the drivers of healthspan, but I’ve never heard them described as the “main” driver of healthspan. As far as “healing factors” - I think mTOR and IGF1 play significant roles.

Note: Senomorphics is a wide range of agents that can modulate the phenotypes of SCs to those of young cells through interfering with senoinflammation/inflammaging, senescence-related signal pathways, and SASP, without induction of SC apoptosis

3 Likes

The lack of IGF-1…right?

Just seems paradoxical bc it’s a growth/repair factor.

1 Like