Has anyone used trudiagnostic? what does your report look like?

Dunedinpace vs other clocks…

In a word, incomprehensible!
Maybe worthwhile for scientific people but not for the layman.
The basic age number is understandable but little beyond that for me or my doctor! He suggested I get the test - I now get the impression he won’t be suggesting anyone else get it!

Can you post the report (or some pages from it)?

17 pages of this

Any idea what this means ??
The rest just tells you your age and states the obvious about diet and exercise etc.

2 Likes

And they just give you a DunedinPace number that tells you how fast you were aging when you gave your sample. (I was 2/3rds the average rate (and that was before taking Rapa) but they said my overall biological age was much older than chronological so it really doesn’t stack up!!)

TruDiagnostic - Editorial - DunedinPACE.pdf (1.3 MB)

1 Like
1 Like

This is showing you how methylated particular CpG cites are. Some of these cites get predictably hypermethylated with age (so this value goes up) while others get predictably hypomethylated with age (so this value goes down). If you’re curious to do a “before and after” some intervention, these are some key CpG cites and the genes they’re associated with that reliably get hypermethylated with age (and so you want these to go down):

cg16867657 (ELOVL2)
cg06639320 (FHL2)
cg16419235 (PENK)
cg17861230 (PDE4C)
cg07553761 (TR1M59)
cg25410668 (RPA2)

Conversely, these CpG cites get consistently hypomethylated with age, so you want these to go up:

cg02228185 (ASPA)
cg25809905 (ITGA2B)
cg16054275 (F5)
cg06874016 (NK1RAS2)

3 Likes

That is very useful to know, thanks very much.
I will be taking another test around 9 months after starting Rapamycin so it will be interesting to see what happens to the particular ones you highlight.

Are there more hypermethylated sites than hypomethylated sites? Are hypomethylated sites more likely to be spread out throughout the genome (and at more sparsely-populated CpG sites) than hypermethylated ones? This could have implications for those who supplement with methyl donors or TET-enzyme-enhancers like folate

you want tumor suppressors to NOT be hypermethylated, and oncogenes to be hypermethylated.

Also REST to NOT be hypermethylated

IDK what their strengths are here, the strongest age-associated methylation marks are still in the strangest places whose biological value is unknown.

for more reference see https://twitter.com/sproul_lab and

DunedinPACE CpGs