Grape Seed Extract

The effects of grape seed extract on glycemic control, serum lipoproteins, inflammation, and body weight: A systematic review and meta-analysis of randomized controlled trials

2 Likes

Wonder what of dose?

Attached is PDF copy of the entire study.

effects of grape seed extract.pdf (1.9 MB)

2 Likes

Quick look at the study’s listed from 100mg to 2000mg
Review table 1 on page 4

2 Likes

I love GSE. I take it instead of Pycnogenol/pine bark for vascular health (much cheaper, by everything I’ve read essentially the same active compounds, and tons of animal and human published studies with GSE). The main problem with GSE is potential for concentration of pesticides from non-organic grapes when extracted. The only organic GSE I’ve been able to find is from Pure Synergy. it’s more expensive than other GSEs, but it’s still cheaper than Pycnogenol and you get way more proanthocyanidins for your buck IMO.

Determination of multi-class pesticide residue in dietary supplements from grape seed extracts by ultra-high-performance liquid chromatography coupled to triple quadrupole mass spectrometry - PubMed (nih.gov)

1 Like

Effect of Grape Seed Extract and Quercetin on Cardiovascular and Endothelial Parameters in High-Risk Subjects

2 Likes

Effects of grape seed extract in Type 2 diabetic subjects at high cardiovascular risk: a double blind randomized placebo controlled trial examining metabolic markers, vascular tone, inflammation, oxidative stress and insulin sensitivity

2 Likes

Beneficial clinical effects of grape seed proanthocyanidin extract on the progression of carotid atherosclerotic plaques

3 Likes

Love that last study showing outright reversal and even disappearance(!!) of carotid plaques with only 200mg of GSE per day.

3 Likes

Link for the Pure Synergy brand of the GSE you use?

I get it on Amazon.com

1 Like

Anyone take grape seed extract as a senolytic? I am mixing 2.8 g with EVOO and taking it once a month for two days in a row. Anyone know the proper protocol for this?

Also heard you shouldn’t take Resveratrol with it as it is an antioxidant and blocks the senolytic effects. I find this strange as Resveratrol is from the grape skin…