GLYNAC Stimulates Mitochondrial Biogenesis

i read some posts said NAC dull the effect of medicine, coffee, etc. That’s why i asked should i stop taking NAC on the day of rapamycin?

Those posts are incorrect as I explained above

2 Likes

A new hint I am using at present to sweeten the somehow NAC’s nasty experience: three sort dashes of liquid stevia make it way, way better.

2 Likes

I’ve been taking alot of things for some years now. Rapamycin 15mg fortnightly for 3 years plus Acarbose, AAKG, Taurine, Creatine, Fisetin, a whole heap of other vitamins, supplements, etc.

Can’t say that I’ve noticed much significant from any of them to be honest. I’ve certainly lost body fat (down to 70cm waist from 74cm) and gained muscle (72kg from 68kg), so perhaps the Rapamycin has been having an effect. My blood work is certainly looking a bit better, but in terms of feeling the effects - has been pretty subtle.

I’ve also been taking Glynac for a while now too, but only 1g of each a day or less.

However, 3-4 weeks ago after reviewing the papers again I decided to up my dose to that in the recent papers - which I calculated to be 9g NAC + 7g Glycine for my weight. Split it into 2 doses - morning & night. No noticeable side-effects.

And… wow. I thought it was perhaps co-oincidence at first, but I now think its had a really big effect.

I used to train for triathlons when I was in my 20s. I remember my muscles never seemed to run out of energy - it was always my cardiovascular fitness that limited how hard I could push, never my muscles. If I was working just under my cardio limit I could keep going for ages - my muscles would never seem to run out of energy or hit the wall.

I’m 54 now and one thing that’s been super noticeable is its not my cardio fitness that limits me anymore, but my muscles. It’s really hard to reach my maximum heart rate as my legs or arms simply hit the wall before I get there. They just seem to reach a hard limit and start to really burn. It only takes a few mins and they’ve overloaded. I don’t remember that when I was younger.

But the last few weeks the change has been dramatic. I go for a run, with a few sprints in the middle. I start a sprint and then wait for the burn to start after a few 100m and my legs to hit the wall and… it doesn’t come - I’m still sprinting and my legs are fine. Instead of 250m I can go 1.5km at my sprint pace. The burn never comes. Same with cycling - instead of maintaining an intense push for perhaps 500m max I can now go for 2-3 km and still no burn - just hitting my cardio limit.

What a great feeling! That feeling of almost unlimited energy again - my legs are once again happy to do what I ask of them instead of giving up early :-).

Perhaps this makes sense if Glynac is improving mitochondrial function?

11 Likes

I know that the amino acid glycine is produced very easily in the body, so it is not an essential amino acid. But NAC is not produced in the body, so I wonder if results like glyNac can be achieved by just taking NAC?

Cysteine (from NAC) and Glycine are both produced in adequate amounts by your body from your food. However, as you age, the amount your body effectively utilizes drops off at 30 and becomes a real problem at around 50 and continues to rapidly get worse. That’s why you need to supplement both Glycine and Cysteine (through NAC) at higher and higher levels as you get older.

The link below talks about taurine, glycine and cysteine deficiencies.

2 Likes

Your report is similar to my experience when I Started to take 10 gr of Taurine on empty stomach every morning, it was transformative experience.

1 Like

What did you notice from taking 10g Taurine? I’ve been taking 1g Taurine, but your comment suggests perhaps I should up that big time too.

Curiously the guidence on the Taurine I bought suggests just 60mg as the recommended daily dose…

I noticed that the Incidence of brainfog was reduced to almost none. There was brain fog one day, when I had more coffee than usual. I had a lot more energy, was in a great mood, and felt much more stress-resilient.I had 10 gr on empty stomach and a few days I allowed myself to have a small amount of coffee, 1- 2 hours after the Taurine. But if I had more coffee than I crashed. (which I did one day). The positive effect showed up already on the first and second day.

I have stopped taken 10 gr Taurine for a few days. Soon I will repeat the experiment. and see of the effect is repeated.

1 Like

I’ve been hearing people say GlyNAC is useless if you’re under 45 years old. I am aware of the study that showed 2.4g of each NAC and Glycine had no effect on the elderly when it came to boosting glutathione but 4.8g and up did (after two weeks).

I won’t stop glycine since it’s in the collagen peptides I take but I’m wondering if I still should be taking NAC. I’ll be 39 in a month and a half.

Anyone have any input?

See the sections on glutathione, glycine and cysteine here:

1 Like

10 g of Taurine, is it roughly 1 teaspoon?

10g is a lot, maybe a tablespoon

10 gr taurine is roughly 2 teaspoons.

1 Like

This is pretty alarming news for those of us who, like you, have a heightened concern about nephrotoxic agents. I think the risk is sufficiently high for me to consider removing rapamycin from my home pharmacy. Thank you for the alert. News like this is what makes the site so valuable, whether rapa is on the menu or not.

1 Like

Rapamycin can cause nephrotoxicity in some patients with chronic glomerulopathies. Whether the toxicity is solely related to rapamycin, due to the combination of proteinuria and rapamycin, or other unknown factor use is presently undetermined.

2 Likes

10gr is 10gr (the mass) you weight it on a scale. Assuming it is 99% pure compound.

The volume will depend on the purity / cutting agents / flow agents, etc.

yes I weigh the taurine on a scale, before I take it. I have noticed that the volume is approximately 10 ml= 2 teaspoons. I use the powder from NOW food.

Does anyone know if a glutathione blood test is a reliable way to check our glutathione level?

Not really, all available, in 400-500€ range, look intended for research purposes only, as other lab equipment is required to provide results.

1 Like