GDF11, Elevian News Story - NYTimes

I might be interested if you have a reliable source.

It’s been a while since I looked into it. I’m pretty sure Buckylabs sells it. It’s not expensive

Yes, I’ve spoken with Darren there, who seems honest. Just wanted to see if there were alternate sources.

There used to be I think. The law changed and now I think it’s much harder to get.

15,000 USD per year? One time cost? What is the monthly cost?

Steve’s presentation is pretty impressive.

I don’t think there is a monthly cost. GDF11 for the year is about $600. It’s all on the website. But you technically don’t need to pay anything. You just have to make sure you’re titrating the right amount. The 15k is to track your markers and I think if you’re going to use something like this then it’s vital that you keep track of it.

Here’s a link to Steve’s site.

Same here. I think the level of proof for injections is much higher than for consumables. My liver is designed to protect me from foolishness. I just need to avoid killing my liver.

2 Likes

I’m back where we were at the top of this chain, wondering whether GDF11 is responsible for the benefits of E5. He said it’s the same in all mammals and it’s in larger amounts in the younger ones. The dosage of GDF11 is tiny.

It does not look that dangerous. If I had cancer I’d give it a try. He claims to have taken a dose just a WAG, had bad side effects, took a break, took half the dose, Bad side effects, took a break, took half the dose and that’s how he figured out what dose to take. Seems simple. Skinny people need less. I’m going to pass for now because I actually feel pretty good, but it looks promising.

1 Like

Lifelong exercise, but not short-term high-intensity interval training, increases GDF11, a marker of successful aging: a preliminary investigation

Acute endurance exercise modulates growth differentiation factor 11 in cerebrospinal fluid of healthy young adults

(Haven’t read them detail)

5 Likes

Does anybody know if there is a lab test available for the public on GDF11?

I searched on LabCorp website and googled gdf11 blood test and nothing seems available in clinics. Seems to only be a research type of test for now.

1 Like

Thanks, same with me. I think it would be an interesting test to have around. Like my daughter with cancer, if they could test they may find she is short and it could be supplemented. It would also help with titration to determine the dose.

BTW, my daughter had a scan at the university of Iowa yesterday and she was declared No Evidence of Disease. She’s more or less clean. Hooray! I think she’s going to keep up with the treatments she’s been using since they are mostly vitamins anyway.

4 Likes

I’d keep up the treatments for a while longer. Cancer is insidious. Just because it can’t be detected doesn’t mean there aren’t a few survivor cells hiding. Be vigilant and don’t let it make a comeback! However it’s wonderful news that she is better.

3 Likes

https://sci-hub.ru/10.1161/CIRCRESAHA.116.308478

This says the whole thing with gdf11 is just a mistake.

Also Steve says you have to take it frequently for awhile, then still a couple times a month. E5 is supposed to be much less frequent.

Yes, I realize I’m arguing with myself.

2 Likes

Not sure I understand

I thought the animal studies (a large number of them now, many in great journals) are controlled, where some animals are given GDF11 vs controls are just given placebo. Hence any effect in the treatment is causally due to the GDF11.

Are you saying that anyone is questioning that?

Sometimes you have to click the link in your browser to make it load, I don’t know why.

The writer says GDF8 also called myostatin is hard to distinguish from GDF11 and he claims they find GDF11 goes up as you get older. Very confusing and I’m no biochemist. Also this is from 2016. Beats me, I just saw it and thought I’d share.

1 Like

RapAdmin, This may have already been posted, but in case not, here is a publication from 2023 Oct 20 about the controversies of GDF-11. In particular, it notes that GDF-11 in humans does not decrease with age (though GDF-8 myostatin does) which I find very interesting. It doesn’t mean that adding more exogenous GDF-11 isn’t beneficial, but I wonder.

As an additional note, I have investigated GDF-11 several times the last few years and other than Steve Perry’s detailed account I find very few people here, on the forum.age-reversal.net or on Reddit who actually state that they’re using it. I even looked at the Facebook forum on GDF-11. When I asked those who were taking it about their results I got responses such as “I noticed nothing” to “I like the effects” but with no further details about the effects, and that was from less than a handful of responses I received. So, it just seems too nebulous to pursue. However, if you have tried it and can provide a precise account of your results that would be great.

2 Likes

There are recently published results that clearly show that GDF11 level in plasma of people aged 70+ is zero.
Earlier studies used inaccurate tests that could not distinguish between GDF11 and GDF8. Hence they showed no decline with age.
Many mouse study results should be treated with caution as they used gargantuan doses for the mice.
I have used GDF11 since about 2020, but I am not part of Steve Perry’s group.
I believe Steve has made available copious amounts of results from his participants.

2 Likes

DrT,

Thanks very much for the input. In the over 70 area I need all the help I can get. So, if you have time to tell more about your experience with GDF-11, especially any benefits, I would certainly like to hear it. Of course, any studies you can point to would be great, too.

Thanks,
Jay

1 Like

Please share details and results (if you have been able to measure any).

2 Likes