Does anyone have success importing Rapamycin to Canada?

damn - I’ve chucked the packaging away. It was something like “medical grade pharmaceuticals for personal use”.

1 Like

Ok so 7 days in Mississauga. I’m in the GTA so it shouldn’t take but a day to deliver it from there.

I am still waiting for my first shipment of powdered Rapamycin from China to arrive…held at Customs since December 2021, it is certainly TOAST! I don’t know for sure how it was labelled. So I am out $120 US/1g.

I decided to try a different tact 2nd attempt…having vendor send it to a business contact in China first, who nicely repackaged/buried the powder in some plastic samples, then sent off to me directly, arrived no problem (in the event customs has the original vendor/labelling on their “watch list”).

I was able to buy 4g of Rapamycin powder for $220 US on 2nd buy (they gave me a deal to compensate me for the 1st package loss), about 5.5 cents/mg. Of course, I have to do the compounding myself, but the savings is enormous.

I am having this sample 3rd party lab tested, will have results next week. Will post.

I had been ordering 4mg capsules from an Australian outfit, no problem getting it through customs…they did such an excellent job with professional looking supplement bottling, calling it “Rapa-Taurine”. It sure is convenient to just pop capsules.

2 Likes

Yes - this is another approach that people are using. Some people I’ve heard of have had the Indian Pharmacy products shipped to friends in the US (which seems to be easier to ship to from India than Canada) and then have the friend repackage it and mail it up to them in Canada. About 98% of the volume in the package from India is just packaging - the tablets are only about 1 or 2% of the total size - so they can easily be popped out of the bubble/foil strips the tablets come in (typically 6 or 10 per strip) and placed in a small envelope and mailed.

I’ve been thinking about that. I’ve got family just across the border in Buffalo. Would be easy to go over abs grab it. My wife goes cross border shopping on a regular basis anyway.

1 Like

I purchased from the Wuhan lab also with good customer service and no problems with customs. Me, my wife and 2 dogs are on rap, so this was the most economical option for us. I am on 7mg/week with GFJ with no noticeable side effects.

1 Like

Have you ever 3rd party tested a sample, or done bloodwork to prove Sirolimus signal, trough levels?

Here is an exporter I have used for items others refused to ship out of India. Namely, items related to anti-depressants, etc. They shipped in a smaller box than others I have used and was labeled a commercial sample, value less than $10. By the way, I have ordered various things from 6 different suppliers I found on IndiaMart and all have delivered products in a timely manner.

Rohit Kim (Proprietor)

1 Like

Oh hi Steve, didn’t notice your name…already have my answer.

1 Like

I too face the Canadian Rapamycin conundrum. I have found a US source that may be useful and would like some thought from this forum. The company is Chinese BUT has a manufacturing facility in the US. Here is what they say :

“MedKoo is a chemistry based small biotech business with a major focus on chemical synthesis of small molecule drugs discovered by other scientists. All of our products are supplied as chemical reagents in pure form, and are intended for scientific research use only. At this moment, MedKoo does NOT supply GMP, DMF or ISO certified products. Moreover, MedKoo also does not provide any controlled substances. MedKoo is NOT a FDA approved manufacturer, therefore, our products cannot be used for clinical trials or disease treatment.”

“MedKoo has stragetic collaborators in RTP, North Carolina who can synthesize highly-challenge bioactive molecules. In addition, MedKoo has also established a very comprehensive and highly efficient supply network, which allows us to offer biochemical products from mgs to kilograms at the most competive prices. Note: We do not have a branch in China. Therefore orders will not be shipped from China to customers. All orders, technical support and customer services are being handled by our USA headquarter. All orders are being shipped from our company in North Carolina, USA.”

And their Rapamycin;

" Appearance: White to off-white solid powder

Purity: >98% (or refer to the Certificate of Analysis)

Shipping Condition: Shipped under ambient temperature as non-hazardous chemical. This product is stable enough for a few weeks during ordinary shipping and time spent in Customs.

Storage Condition: Dry, dark and at 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks) or -20 C for long term (months to years).

Solubility: Soluble in DMSO, not in water

Shelf Life: >2 years if stored properly

Drug Formulation: This drug may be formulated in DMSO

Stock Solution Storage: 0 - 4 C for short term (days to weeks), or -20 C for long term (months)."

The Rapa is in powder form (which means the recipient would need to pack each dose into drug Gel capsules to pass through the acid in your stomach) and comes in a sealed airtight bag and maybe packed on ice, depending on how far it is to travel. As for the Cost, one fellow who buys this posted on Facebook that for $100 he has enough for a year.

Check this out and pass on your thoughts.Cheers!

I’ve now had some success importing rapa into Canada from India and China. China can supply the rapa in powder form. India you can get the pills. Some of the packages from India sat in customs for a month but were eventually released unopened. The Chinese companies seem to be able to use a forwarder in another country like Singapore and avoid the customs delay. I’m using the powders to make creams. Pills to delay aging.

The Indian pharmacies I’ve had success with are as follows:
Kachhela medex - fastest
Oddway international - took 2 weeks
NIBA Healthcare - took 1 month
Global healthcare- took 3 weeks

You can find them on the India mart app. Hope this helps my fellow Canadians

4 Likes

Finally received a formal letter from Canada Customs confirming rejection of my first WHP purchase due to evidence of Sirolimus, 6 months later.

1 Like

So what happens in this situation - they just keep / destroy the product? So - it took 6 months for them to let you know of this? No prior notice that it had been delayed or anything?

1 Like

I received a delay notice as soon as it arrived in Canada, but no reason as to why. Of course I knew why, it got selected by the algo as high risk. When weeks turned into months, I knew shipment was lost.

Yes, six months to analyze…they must be backed up checking for opioids/fentanyl etc. They destroy it.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear that. I successfully got 2 grams from WHP a few months ago and I’m in the process of placing another order. I’m not sure if the quantity ordered makes a difference but how much did you order?

Add bonhoa pharmacy to the list of successful deliveries to canada. Took 6 weeks.

https://www.bonhoapharmacy.com

https://www.bonhoapharmacy.com/organ-transplantation/141-siromus-rapamune.html

https://www.bonhoapharmacy.com/organ-transplantation/142-rapacan-rapamune.html

1 Like

Wow - thats the highest pricing I’ve ever seen for sirolimus… almost $10 / per mg.

Normal India prices are $1 / per mg.

1 Like

@Jared What shipping method did you choose when using Oddway to Canada?

I think it has to be indiapost speedpost EMS - they are the only service that will carry pharmaceuticals without prescription needed.

If you try Fedex or DHL they will require you to submit the prescription.

Yes it was Indian post EMS.

1 Like