DIY Rapamycin Toothpaste and Flossing Paste

CTStan, If it was good vodka I sure would hate to spit it out.

Check out the latest video from Michael Lustgarten (michaellustgarten.com) on effective oral mouthwashes.

4 Likes

Made the DMSO +Rapa toothpaste a couple days ago and started using it (not as bad as I thought) but donā€™t really want to spend $150 to find out how itā€™s working.

Great video, thanks

Not sure what you mean by ā€œ$150ā€ā€¦ Doesnā€™t your dentist check tooth pocket depths every checkup and cleaning?

In the UK there are dental hygienists who do cleaning and they charge more like GBP 50 than GBP 150, but donā€™t do tooth pocket depths.

I watched lustgartenā€™s video and in it he used a company to count the bacteria in his mouth. They charge $150.

1 Like

Would it be simpler and overall less ingredients to create a rapamycin mouthwash instead?

This way you could have a liquid that was less thick, to vigorously swish around into crevasses, and easily control the amount of time its in there swishing around.

Do we know that Transcutol or DMSO arenā€™t harmful or acidic to enamel?

Maybe it would be easier and safer to just swish a tiny amount of rapamycin powder in saliva?

Thinking out loudā€¦ That poor man approach obviously wouldnā€™t work for skin cream, but might for something you just have in your mouth for a few minutes.

3 Likes

I made, and I am using, the formula suggested by RapAdmin.
I think this will be by far your best bang for the buck. The resulting toothpaste is fairly pleasant. The toothpaste formula that RapAdmin suggested will last a long time. I just use it on my gums. I use baking soda to clean my teeth.

1 Like

I think this is very important to prevent heart disease in old age. Old people get ā€œlong in the toothā€, their gums recede. Then bacteria grow in there and end up in arteries causing heart disease.

I use DMSO because I have used it quite a bit and am not scared of it at all. I was worried that it might burn and itch and taste bad since it is like that on sensitive skin. It turns out to just taste bad briefly, then after it is spit out there is no aftertaste. It is very effective at controlling bacteria according to the book and the author has used it daily for 40 years. It dissolves Rapa easily, though I am not convinced it is a great idea to use Rapa in the mouth daily. Just because weā€™re guessing and I donā€™t like to guess.

I would love to see somebody do a quick video like Lustgarten did with a before and after of the bacteria counts and identification. Very interesting stuff. I left him a note to do it with DMSO, but Iā€™d say the odds are very very low.

I donā€™t use transcutol only because I know nothing about it. Iā€™ve read and practiced with DMSO for years.

1 Like

Express: ā€˜Very ageingā€™: Common feature on teeth (receding gums) that makes you look older - how to reverse it.

We need micro-robots equipped with rapamycin toothpaste:

1 Like

Great article but the medela feeder for cleft palate babies has been around since at least the mid ninties when we had a boy with bilateral cleft lip and palate:

Works exactly as they said in the article.
they explored several approaches, ultimately developing a one-way valve that traps milk in the chamber of a special nipple which allows the baby to extract it by biting rather than sucking.

The medela had a slit that you could rotate in the kidā€™s mouth to increase or decrease the flow rate depending on how he was doing with the flow rate.

I donā€™t know why they had to re invent this. Itā€™s well known and works well.

Iā€™ve been using this florassist from Life Extension for years and it works pretty well:

But I donā€™t like paying for it so I crushed 2 tablets and made a test batch of yogurt with it as I was doing my usual L Reuteri (via William Davis 36 hour 100 degrees). It came out fantastic and tasty and Iā€™ll take some Daily. It is supposed to colonize.

I think of it like my lawn. If you used herbicide on your lawn it would kill the grass too, then of course the weeds would win in the end. Grass competes and strangles the weeds.

Actually now that I think about it, we should pay more attention to our mouths than we do our lawns. Where are the selective bacteriocides that hurt the bad guys and spare the good? I canā€™t even count the herbicides we have so many.

2 Likes
1 Like

Saw this comment recently about (tablet, not toothpaste) one personā€™s experience with rapamycin:

And some other comments on the same theme:

Does this mean taking rapamycin tablets orally, like most of us are doing, rather than using a toothpaste made of rapamycin ?

The quotes above are from people who are taking rapamycin tablets orally. But, the belief is that the rapamycin toothpaste and flossing could be even more effective. (thus the clinical trial).

I see a dental hygienist every 3 months; unfortunately havenā€™t heard from her my teeth/pockets look better. I also havenā€™t noticed any changes myself since taking Rapa (around 9 months now).

Are there any members that have used the Papa-toothpaste for a while now? How long and any noticeable changes?
What about Sirolimus serum levels - do we know if blood levels could be affected by daily or twice daily Rapa toothpaste use?

1 Like

I made rapamycin toothpaste according to RapAdminā€™s formula.
The amount of rapamycin you would get from 1 toothbrush application would be very, very small. I would be surprised if it enters the bloodstream as I donā€™t normally swallow my toothpaste.

Actually, I wonder how often I should use it given the small amount of rapamycin in a toothbrush-sized dose, once a week, once a day, every time I brush my teeth? Fortunately, my gums are in good shape and I hope to keep them that way.

1 Like