DIY Rapamycin skin cream

I don’t have time to study this whole post but am wondering who is getting the most miraculous results here? Where do I begin? I am currently dissolving sodium nitrate into an NMN facial liquid and adding a couple of drops of lemon juice. This is my home made recipe for promoting nitric oxide production on my skin. It works pretty good along with slugging at night with an aloe vera based Indian vaseline.

How do I start making my own Rapa topical? Can I also add MSM to it? I am ready to try anything that is getting good results. The eveness of my skin tone and the tone itself is excellent, but I have some deep lines and also protruding veins.

Who is the expert here who can offer me a recipe that is worth the time and effort :slight_smile:

My last post was probably too general. I have found a source of methalyne blue and already have a bunch of stuff including hydralonic acid for topical use (powdered), mannitol, liquid NMN, MSM.

I am looking for a supplier of powdered Rapa. The Indian site above didn’t seem to have it listed as a product. Can I just crush tablets?

I don’t have a lot of time for the science atm but anyone willing to give instructions of how to make something they have found amazing would be great.

Okay from here in this post things will get a bit out there - but if you are game here is some of what I am playing with…

Lugols solution: For years I have every now and then taken it vaginally on a tampon. I read studies once that this method of delivery caused it to be taken directly into women’s breasts - which is where women store it. Taken this way it gets rid of lumpy breasts in about 15 minutes!

I then read recently that it has been discovered that the same organism that is our mitrochondria have been found outside of the human body living in iodine rich hot springs. This is pretty wild as like most of you might know mitochondria have different DNA to us - even though they are a part of our cells that we would not survive without.

Reading about what Methalyne Blue does in the mitochondria, made me think of Lugols which is similar in its super intense colour, and if mitochondria live in an iodine rich environment outside our body I figure they must like it! I also then remembered that Japanese women have such beautiful young looking skin, I wondered if it might be because they get so much more iodine in their diet to us?

All of this has led me to adding a drop or two of Lugols to a small spray bottle filled with micellar water and misting it on my skin (careful of clothes!) I am quite tan and so it doesn’t colour my skin at all.

I wonder if anyone else has tried this? It makes my skin feel instantly tighter.

Anyway I am open to instructions on what anyone wants to recommend! Thanks if you can be bothered!

1 Like

Wouldn’t it be best to use pure Rapamycin powder instead of crushed tablets?

1 Like

Sure - its probably a little bit better (the filler of the tablet isn’t included in the final formulation), but its just a lot easier using the tablets because most of us have them already. And we know the rapamycin is likely of good quality because its gone through the Pharma quality control processes.

By comparison if you buy the pure rapamycin powder (eg. from a china middle man) you really have no idea of the quality / purity / contaminants unless you do a lab analysis on it, and getting a good lab analysis done on the rapamycin by an analytical chemistry lab is typically pretty expensive (e.g. $500 to $1,000), and even then you are not likely to find out any contaminants / other chemicals mixed in because that is hard to do if you don’t know what you’re looking for.

Of course - for a topical cream perhaps purity and contaminants are less important because you’re just applying it to your skin and if it causes a rash or something then just stop using it. Its not like you’re consuming it and concerned about invisible issues inside your body.

2 Likes

Thank you for this information.
Would powdered Rapamycin pills mixed in Aquaphor cream be a good way to make a topical cream in your opinion? What concentration is ideal? 0,1% Rapamycin for example would mean 396 mg of Rapamycin mixed in a standard 396 g Aquaphor Ointment cointainer and 0,01%, 39,6 mg of Rapamycin in 396 g Aphaphor, quite a large quantity.

1 Like

Yes - I use something similar. But first I dissolve the rapamycin (I’ve used tablets, and I’ve used powder) in transcutol (as it is a very good way to increase absorption in the skin), and then after its well dissolved, I mix it in with a 396 gram container of Cereve cream, or cetaphil. Or Aquaphor, I’m sure its fine too. Yes - its a fair amount of rapamycin. You can use either tablets or powder (I am personally less concerned about the China-sourced rapamycin powder for topical applications as it does not penetrate systemically). People have mentioned sources of cheap rapamycin powder that they have used - see this post for example: Sirolimus Powder - 3rd party analysis

5 Likes

It would be expensive if you would order just a few month supply, but if someone were to order a 5 year supply then even with the cost of testing the purity it could come out a lot cheaper than buying pills. So it sounds like a reasonable thing to try for those that have access to lab testing.

Has anyone thought about making a DIY skin cream with Everolimus? Would it be worth a try?

should work just as well as rapamycin

1 year+ of using external rapamycin:

Rapamycin, taken internally, greatly improved my actinic keratosis problem due to extreme sun exposure when I was young.

I was using rapamycin for approximately 1 year before I started using a self-made spray mixture of Trancutol, distilled water, and rapamycin.

The dosage I was using: 10mg in 100cc of ~30cc of Transcutol and 70cc of water.
I notice no additional improvement, fine lines, etc over taking rapamycin internally.
After ~ 6 months I increased the rapamycin to 20mg in 100cc of mixture.
No improvements were seen.
Maybe 20mg of rapamycin per 100 cc of mixture is not enough, but that is the max dose that I am willing to pay for at this time. If someone shows results from higher doses then I will reconsider.

Bottom line: No improvement with externally applied rapamycin over internally taken rapamycin.

RapAdmin said: “I’m thinking of doing something similar with Dasatinib, transcutol, etc.”

A few weeks ago I made the same mixture substituting 100 mg Dasatinib for the rapamycin with the hope of adding some skin elasticity (tightening). So far the results seem subjectively promising. I will order more Dasatinib and try 200 mg/100cc of water + transcutol.

I am looking for the magic elixir for some major skin tightening and/or wrinkle reduction.
(Meanwhile, Ponce is still in the Everglades) :sweat_smile:

For fine lines and wrinkles, I find that 0.1% tretinoin works just fine and is cheap from India. Actually, less than the copay for my U.S. prescription which my insurance pays for.

7 Likes

I think we came to the conclusion much earlier in the thread that even your “low dose” protocol of 10mg per 100cc total volume is actually 10x the amount used in the published paper that showed anti-aging effects on the skin, so it’s possible you’re actually overdoing it and just making it worse by going up to 20mg/100cc, etc. 0.001% rapa cream in the Drexel study is only 1mg per 100g (or 1mg per 100cc of liquid).

1 Like

But, on the other hand:

“Formulation and characterization of a 0.1% rapamycin cream for the treatment of Tuberous Sclerosis Complex-related angiofibromas”

So, 100ml of solution at .001% would be 1 mg of rapamycin or 0.01mg/mL x 100 for a 100mL 0.001% solution. They lost me when they were using uM in the study.

I am easily confused with the quantitative analysis of solutions.

Correct me if I am wrong. Should I use 1 mg of rapamycin in 100 ml of solution to equate to the percentage that the Drexel study used?

In any case, I am certainly willing to give it another shot at 1mg of rapamycin in a 100ml solution of Transcutol and water.

When I first started making the solution I was on board with Blagosklonny’s more is better approach to rapamycin.

Formulation and characterization of a 0.1% rapamycin cream for the treatment of Tuberous Sclerosis Complex-related angiofibromas - PubMed

1 Like

That’s what I’d do, and was doing for a while (plan to restart very soon). The Drexel study specifically was for anti-aging of the skin, and they used the equivalent of 1mg per 100ml of solution (although they used a cream or ointment, not solution). The concentration of the topical medicine for tuberous sclerosis is much stronger (100 times stronger, from your chart above). I might use 2 or 3 mg per 100mg of cream, but at least we aren’t talking orders of magnitude higher than the anti-aging skin study.

4 Likes

I don’t believe the Drexel study compared subjects taking rapamycin internally to the ones using it internally.

As I posted before, one of the first things I noticed after starting on rapamycin was a big improvement in my photo-damaged skin. The rapamycin taken internally stopped additional actinic keratoses from taking place and healed almost all of the ones I already had.
I have been treated for actinic keratosis for many decades because of my severe overexposure to the sun when I was young.

Because rapamycin works so well for my skin taken internally, I don’t really believe I am going to gain anything by using it externally. But I will try the 0.001% solution (1mg/100mL) a try.

My theory is that using rapamycin in creams etc, just wastes rapamycin because of the low absorption compared to the Transcutol and water solution. I like Transcutol because rapamycin dissolves in it easily and it penetrates deeply into the skin, but not too deeply.

5 Likes

The Drexel study compared topical rapa to topical placebo. I don’t know of any studies looking at oral rapa and skin aging/actinic damage/actinic keratoses.

When I made my cream a couple of years ago, i dissolved the rapa into transcutol and then mixed it into CeraVe lotion instead of water, which likely further enhances absorption into the skin.

3 Likes

Hello Rapa Admin, do you have any suggestions for ordering rapamycin powder besides LC labs? I’ve tried ordering from them without success because I don’t work in a laboratory. However, I am a practicing physician, but so far that hasn’t worked. I would really prefer to source a powder over pills for working with topical formulations if anyone has any suggestions. Thank you.

1 Like

Can’t you just call in a prescription (for yourself) for sirolimus capsules to your local compounding pharmacy? if they don’t have a source for rapamycin powder, you might have to settle for ordering it from overseas.

Yes - I’ve also ordered from the company mentioned at the top of the following thread (see link below), no issues. Fine for topical creams and toothpaste concoctions (from my experience): Here: Sirolimus Powder - 3rd party analysis

Soooo… any updates on how your homemade Rapa cream worked on your skin? Any pictures? It is a little intimidating for me to try and make this on my own but I sure have a lot of sun damaged/ precancerous skin from years on a sailboat.

3 Likes

Where can you buy rapamycin powder?