DIY Rapamycin skin cream

Please don’t forget the pictures before and after.

1 Like

I would, but this is a DIY thread and I don’t want to rob you of one of life’s most transcendent experiences. So, here in black and white are instructions on how to make yourself red all over. First, you’ll need a bottle of 500 mg niacin pills, a glass of water and a mirror. Wash down a pill with the water and engage in some activity to keep your mind occupied as you eagerly await the flush - minutes can seem like hours. When the flush arrives, position yourself in front of the mirror and live in the moment.

5 Likes

Hi,

So my powder of rapamycin is not very fine, is that okay if there are pellets? Or does it need to be dissolved? How do I make it more fine/dissolved?

I’m using it topically for angiofibromas on my nose.

are you crushing it in the bowl like explained in the top posts in this thread? Also - then you disolve it in transcutol - are you doing that? You can filter out the remnants of the white coating of the tablets (that slows digestion when consumed orally), by using a filter.

1 Like

Is anyone adding Metformin to the rapa topical treatment? There are a few papers showing that topical use of Metformin is good for skin. Here is just one example https://www.frontiersin.org/articles/10.3389/fmed.2022.813917/full

2 Likes

Not yet, but I see potential to add a number of drugs: Senolytics Topically Administered to Skin for Antiaging Effects

1 Like

For my hair tonic … I throw in several tablets of 500 mg metformin – because it heals scaring alopecia on the head and regains hair. Should work on facial skin too I would assume.

1 Like

What’s in your hair tonic concoction?

2 Likes

Thanks everyone. Plan for the next week then: make the youth fountain in the jar.

1 Like

Metformin hydrochloride is freely soluble in water so it would be easy to add to my solution.
Couldn’t hurt to try it.

1 Like

Here you go!
First crush with pliers in a pastic bag the following pills.
4 pills of 2 mg rapamycin (triangle beige)
4 pills 500 mg metformin (large white)
4 pills 2.5 mg minoxidil (small white)
3 pills 5mg finestride (small blue)

Add oderless DMSO 99.9 one fluid ounce and mix… let set 1/2 hour mix some more.

Puncture capsule or cut off end - 5 capsules of resveratrol… squeezre into mixture… use pliers.

Puncture capsule or cut off end - 5 capsules of Green tea - EGCG squeezre into mixture… use pliers.

Mix thoroughly.
Add 3 fluid ounces of 5% Minoxidil Hair restorer (I use Walmart Equate)

Mix thoroughly put in a bottle use an eye dropper to apply after showering in the morning and before bed at night. A lot of effort - but it works. And, changes grey hair to brown with blonde and red tints. Very natural. Grey gone.

Hair tonic

4 Likes

There just happens to be a huge sale on the skin cream I used as the base for my rapamycin mixture. It’s not the 16,000 positive reviews. It has the best dispensing system. Instead of unscrewing the top to get the cream, you just push the top down and a little dab of cream comes out in the center.

1 Like

just use dmso rather than the more expensive transcutol, works well for me . u just may have to get used to putting up with a little mostly itching feeling but only for a few minutes.

Great to hear no adverse side effects, but how about the good effects? Notice anything positive? I can see your point about spritzing vs lotioning, on your scalp. The issue for facial use is getting it to “stick” rather than run off, and avoid spraying it in your eye. Thanks for sharing your routine, your posts are very helpful.

The spritzer bottles I use make a very fine spray and I rub the excess in just like I would with a lotion. I use it mainly along with Retin-A for my sun-damaged skin. My main objective is to keep the actinic keratoses away. It seems to be working well, and my skin is also quite good for my age. I don’t want to scare you but you can look at a couple of my photos:

1 Like

We’re going to make our own rapa skin cream. But just one single question first:
We’re prefereing a liposomal version but Rapa is a really small molecule and we have some concerns that it will pass into the blood stream. Does it? Any hints?

The alternative is DMSO. A <=5% solution should be safe and should not transport rapa into the blood stream (unlike 70% or more DMSO which will definitly function as a drug carrier into the blood stream). But we think a liposomal version could be more effective (and we have all components already at home)
Transcutol is not available in the EU, so it is no option.

We have some equipment and knowledge in mixing our own creams, toothpaste and so on.

“Transcutol is not available in the EU, so it is no option.”
You might try looking for it under some of its’ other names.
Ethoxydiglycol also goes by the name diethylene glycol monoethyl ether and is marketed under the trademarked ingredient name Transcutol®. As a raw material, it appears as a clear liquid and is water soluble.”

1 Like

Pharmacists in germany are using DMSO instead for rapa skin cream because they cant get transcutol (regardless of the name/brand).
It is possible to use trancutol in cosmetics in the EU. Range is up to 7% since 2017. But I’ve never seen any pharamacist using it. I cant get it in small amounts and esp not for private usage.

I think the only way to get transcutol is starting a cosmetics company and just buy greater amounts of it. But that isnt woth it. DMSO is a nice alternative (with some positive side effects) if we decide not to use our liposomal basis liquid.

I think liposomes are a much more elegant solution (if it wont affect the rapa blood levels). Pharmacists dont use liposomes because of … dont know. Maybe because of they’re using techniques from the early bronce age. I just never saw it.

3 Likes

Hi Agetron, I’m looking into trying your solution and noticed that the Equate Minoxidil bottles are 2 fl oz, yet you mention adding 3 fl oz to the DMSO mixture. Are you actually using 1.5 bottles (for 3 oz) or only 1 bottle (2 oz)?

Also, how critical do you think the finasteride is? I mainly ask because at the moment it’s the only component that I do not have have any and would need to order it from India. Do you think it would work without?

I tried the Rivertown Minoxidil/Cyclosporine/Tacrolimus for a few months and haven’t seen any meaningful results. It also makes me feel horrible after using it, including drowsiness/tiredness/eye blurriness, so your concoction seems like the next thing to try, especially with the good results it’s produced.

3 Likes

Correct - I use one and half bottles - they come in packages of 3 – Equate Minoxidil 5% at WalMart seems the cheapest. That comes to 3 fluid ounces in all.

As to the finasteride, I think there is a lot going on that if you skip the finasteride - I think you are fine.

Make sure you get the orderless DMSO and only use to fill in about 20 - 25% for the overall solution. Which would be about 1 fluid ounce or a bit less.

Note - on the resveratrol and Green tea - EGCG, adding those will tint the grey out of your hair. Less resveratrol less rust colored tint.

3 Likes