DIY Rapamycin skin cream

I still have not seen any meaningful reason to add a cream like Olay to the rapamycin plus Transcutol+water mixture. It just seems like a waste of some rapamycin to me.
Put on the Olay afterward if you think you need a cream. I am finding that the straight rapamycin+Transcutol+ water is working great and I am seeing a reversal of age spots on my hands.

2 Likes

Most of these cosmetic creams are not effective, but they have put a lot of effort into absorption. None of my rapamycin is wasted other than perhaps a tiny, tiny bit at the bottom of the jar.

I think the rationale is simple - many people already use a body/facial skin moisturizer on a daily basis, so rather than add complexity to peopleā€™s daily routine the researchers just added it to something people might use daily already. So - minimizing peopleā€™s need for behavior change (which is always a good thing if you want people to adopt something new).

Plus, many of these moisturizers have compounds that are good for the skin - e.g. CereVe with Cerimides, etc. , so the addition of rapamycin makes a good product, even better, and you donā€™t need to change your daily habits.

2 Likes

I find it less problematic than not knowing how much of my rapamycin has been dissolved. For all, I know any carrier such as Transcutol is already saturated in the cream and doesnā€™t dissolve any rapamycin at all. For those dissolving the rapamycin in some Transcutol or DMSO before adding it to the cream, it is a different story. Spritzing on a little Transcutol, rapamycin, and water solution before putting on the lotion is hardly a chore.
But, once you add rapamycin to any one of the myriads of creams on the market you have no idea what amount will be available for absorption or how much will be absorbed.
Just my opinion of course but I will choose what I consider to be the more reliable solution. (No pun intended)

6 Likes

How much rapamycin are you crushing up, and into what quantity of liquid/cream are you mixing it? The mixtures are given in % of rapamycin, so a 0.045% solution is not necessarily 45 mg of rapamycin in a given quantity of liquid. Knowing the amount of rapamycin and quantity of liquid will let me calculate the % for comparison.

Iā€™ve used about three of the 50 ml OneSkin OS-01 on my face over the past 6 months probably. While I do like the results generally, I feel itā€™s way overpriced. They suggest using it twice a day, and with that amount I could easily see going through two 50 ml tubes of it per month. At $100-120 per month it adds up. I would be more apt to buy if it were about $80 for 150 ml. Itā€™s unclear if their Body lotion has the same quantity of the peptide. If we can get similar results with rapamycin skin cream Iā€™d be happy.

Have you been using the Face or Body cream, and have you compared the two?

Please go to the top of the thread. I believe all of your questions are answered in the topic.

Soā€¦ what has all your experiences with rapamycin cream been like, now that you have used it for a while?

Do you get phases of dry skin, like with tretinoin? Apart from this, how else would you compare it with tretinoin?

I believe it is called ethoxyldiglycol: Ethoxydiglycol | Lotioncrafter

What I am not sure is if it is any less pure than that sold by Lab Alley. Lab Alleyā€™s product claims to be USP food grade purity, and sells for almost 2x the price.

Does anyone have any input on the purity of Lab Alleyā€™s vs Lotioncrafterā€™s?

1 Like

Is LC Labs a trustworthy site to buy rapamycin powder? Will powder work or do I need the tablets? Where did you guys get it?

2 Likes

Hi @vas and welcome to the community.

It you can get the LC rapamycin for your skin cream, its fine. I have a friend who works in a lab who ordered it for me, but most people are not able to do this.

The powder is easy to work with, with none of the extra material you get in the tablets.

But if you canā€™t get the powder, just using the tablets, as identified in this DIY rapamycin slin cream post at the top of this thread works fine also.

I think I am going to add Astaxanthin to my rapamycin skin cream. Here is a study that purported to show benefits from oral and topical application on skin. The ITP study showed a 12% increase in median life span from Astaxanthin (males only).

http://www.actabp.pl/pdf/1_2012/43.pdf

2 Likes

It seems to be a pretty strong red dyeā€¦ I think it would stain your skin.

1 Like

Why do we dose daily for the skin?, wouldnā€™t one time a week be more consistent with what we are saying about typical oral dosing schedules?

I am aware of the daily use study that shows skin improvement.

1 Like

@desertshores I like your approach. Can you give me the exact breakdown of how much water, transcutol and rapamycin that you use? Also, how do you filter it if you donā€™t have a french press coffee maker (Iā€™m a green tea guy, not a coffee guy). There are many filtration bags on the market, I was curious if the french press was 5 micron, 10 micron, etc.

Currently, I am using 30 cc transcutol,70cc water, and 10mg Rapacan/sirolimus.
I am also now using a tea strainer instead of the French press because it is a little bit finer.
We just want to filter out the undissolved solids so as not to clog the spritzer bottle. Paper filters I have tried tend to be very slow and retain too much of the mixture.

3 Likes

Thank you. Iā€™ve ordered everything I need from your posts and am going to be trying it in the next week or so. Have you noticed any improvements with that solution and, if so, what are they? Do you have a link to the tea strainer youā€™re using?

1 Like

Yes. I also spray the back of my hands. There is a definite reduction and lightening of liver spots.
I use a mesh ball opened over a small beaker.

3 Likes

Maybe I can use my tea strainer I have at home. Iā€™ll give it a shot. Thanks for the valuable advice.

A random thought. To get rapamycin into the skin and other tissues near the surface, wouldnā€™t the niacin flush work? If youā€™re taking rapamycin, itā€™s in all your blood and goes where the blood goes. The niacin flush dilates the small blood vessels in the skin, bringing more rapamycin to those areas than would be there without the dilation.

Iā€™ve read that niacin should be taken on an empty stomach to optimize the flush.

2 Likes

Optimizing the flush is not a problem. Just take a larger dose than you have been regularly taking. For anybody not regularly taking Niacin, do not start with more than 50 or 100. It will hurt like hell. I seriously doubt it will get much more Rapa to the skin either.

Not worth it.