Dasatinib Side Effects

Hi everyone,

For those of you who are taking Dasatinib, I am very interested to hear what side effects you experienced, and the extent of those side effects (IE: How long did they last).

I have just finished a course of Dasatinib 100mg 1day per week for 3 weeks. The first 2 weeks was with 1000mg of quercetin and then the 3rd week 1600mg Q + 400mg Fisetin.

Week #1:

A slight headache between the eyes within the first 24 hour period (enough to warrant pain medication);
A couple of mild waves of nausea (but no vomiting) the next day (but still with 24 hr period)
An intense but brief wave of nausea 6 days after the dose (but no vomiting)

Week #2:

A slight headache between the eyes within the first 24 hour period (but not enough to warrant taking pain medication)

Week #3:

A slight headache between the eyes within the first 24 hour period (no pain meds taken)
4 days later I feel a little off - not exactly nausea but something funny in the stomach and little fatigued

What symptoms did you have and how long did they last?

I’d love to hear your feedback.

Thanks

1 Like

When I take dastinib in the morning, I always get a slight fullness in the head in the evening. Its similar to a niacin flush, not quite a headache and not quite a flush. I expect to take one acetaminophen at bedtime to prevent it from interfering with my sleep.

I havent noticed anything beyond that.

1 Like

thank you @CTStan!

How much Dasatinib do you take and how often?

100mg with Q&F biweekly

1 Like

Have only done it once, with standard 100 mg dose.
Within hours had nausea and headache. 12-15 hrs post dose, full out rigors. Not a pleasant experience.

1 Like

thank you @KarlT

do you plan to try it again?

Aside from all these unpleasant side effects, has anyone noticed any actual benefits in their health parameters from taking Dasatinib?

1 Like

Leaning towards yes, but wondering if the other senolytics are good enough to forego Dasatinib

1 Like

@brandy111, I think it’s too early to say for me, since I just completed my third dose last week.

I’ll be taking some blood tests in a couple of weeks prior to starting Rapamycin.

Have you taken it yourself?

Basil_Dev: No, I haven’t taken dasatinib, fisetin, quercetin, or any other senolytics (yet).

KarlT: What benefit(s) have you noticed?

1 Like

I’ve just completed a biannual course of dasatinib (100mg x 2 days) and quercetin (1200 mg x 2 days). I take it a couple of hours before bedtime. The first night I’ll have a low-grade headache that I can sleep through, and it usually clears by morning. On one occasion I felt the need to take some paracetamol. On the second day, I don’t feel much of anything.

I use an Indian generic, but I had the same side effect when I got the dasatinib from a compound provider in the US.

As for benefits, to be honest, I can’t really say I notice anything. For me, it’s a preventative intervention, so I’m not expecting much at this point.

1 Like

@Bataille , I got the low grade headache as well.

I haven’t noticed any benefits so far either. I also use the Indian generic brand.

It’s good to know you had the same side effects with the compound provider, as I often wonder whether the Indian brand is the real deal, but I have no way of getting it on prescription here.

1 Like

I have noticed benefits to my numerous supplements but don’t know if any benefits are due to senolytics.

1 Like