Charles Thomas Munger (January 1, 1924 – November 28, 2023)
Was 99!
Charles Thomas Munger (January 1, 1924 – November 28, 2023)
Was 99!
no, he was 99 and 332 days old when he died LOL
I think that’s what I was saying?
You said only 99 you robbed him of 332 days LOL
Sadly, Charlie Munger passed in November 2023. Regards
I just started watching him in TV series, The Last Ship. Truly sad. ALS is an insidious disease I particularly hate, having seen a number of people literally waste away before my eyes in short order.
I know. My point was he was 99 and just shy of 100. Jimmy Carter also passed away after 100. I wouldn’t call them paragons of good health, but I am sure they had the best doctors and medical care available.
Bodybuilding/biohacker dies of drowning. Drug induced psychosis is the likely cause. Shows the risks of biohacking not rooted in longevity.
Seems like a lot of people “on the edge” so to say, don’t make it out of Thailand. He definitely had a bad reaction to some psychedelic drugs, may have been involved with some crimes, and associated with some sketchy people.
In particular the group he was associated with have a high death rate.
Only made it to 80, surprising.
EDIT: apparently cancer. RIP. She was a classy lady.
Dolly Parton, country music icon, dies at 80
Just curious why the surprise that she only made it to 80?
Well, the average life expectancy for women in the USA is 81.4, so 80 for a very privileged woman is slightly unexpected. Especially for someone who has not retired but remained active in what she loved (retirement is often linked to accelerated decline). Of course, cancer can strike anyone, but the usual idea is that wealthier people of higher socio-economic standing suffer lower rates of common killers like CVD and cancer. Presumably, once she was diagnosed, she had access to the absolute best medical care. But, well, someone has to be closer to the edges of the bell curve. Luck of the draw, perhaps the most important factor here, as in life in general.
I think the reports are that she had some kidney stones issues. This, of course, is something which is quite pH dependent. Some stones arise from acidic urine and others (Calcium Phosphate) from alkaline urine.
Later edit: It appears her death is related to cancer of some form.
And white and thin and non smoker.
Without running numbers and removing early deaths, that cohort is probably approaching 90.
I asked Google and Gemini said 88-91 without using “thin” in criteria. Just wealthy, non smoker, white at age 70.
I too was shocked but she had been canceling gigs and she was a bit too thin.
Once you make it to 70 and are healthy, generic US averages are out the window.
And Tim Curry just passed at 80
I remember an article (70s) that talked about after mini skirts became popular (in northern states) women’s thighs got bigger. Maybe they were just tryiing to cover up legs and made it up? I would have to dig in more to make sure i wouldnt put on extra layers of fat as a cold countermeasure.
Maybe. Though cancer is the wildcard. Some people are just unlucky.
Agreed. When they say “short battle with cancer” it probably means diagnosed at the terminal stage.
https://people.com/celebrity-personal-trainer-einar-mendez-dead-sudden-heart-attack-12111375
Not an A-lister celebrity, but Celebrity Personal Trainer Einar Méndez, 48, Dies in Gym from ‘Sudden Heart Attack’. He had around 50,000 followers on social media.
In her video update, Yan shared that her late husband had died from a “sudden heart attack” while at the gym after he had finished a workout.
That’s very unfortunate. Based on his physique and overall “look”, I would suspect that he used steroids. He had the bloated look, a small amount of gyno, but of course we can’t know for sure.
Still - goes to show that being fit and hitting the gym doesn’t make you immune from ASCVD. And this case of having an MI shortly after exercise is quite typical.
In a more amusing one, a guy with 150,000 followers, nicknamed “Tiny” died following an unusual cosmetic surgery. Pretty dumb way to die
During an inquest hearing for Ubiribo on Aug. 21, a court heard that a post-mortem examination and toxicology inquiry found that his cause of death was the hyaluronic acid injection and a pulmonary embolism, the inquest records said.
Surakot said that the clinic’s management claimed Ubiribo had been a patient at the clinic since 2024 and had received five penile enlargement injections. Clinic management also said that a doctor had advised him ahead of his March 5 injection to split the procedure into two sessions, but he had requested the injection be conducted in a single session, Surakot said.
Really, really stupid way to die at a young age!