Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

Pretty remarkable.
Why testosterone and what is CJC?
Do you do the photo modulation at home? Anti- aging firewalls by Vince G. just did a very positive review of them and their anti-aging benefits.

1 Like

I do testosterone because of all the extraordinary health benefits for males, like keeping the skin from thinning, increased libido, increased muscle size and strength, decreased body fat, better sleep, etc.

I don’t do the photobiomodulation at home, just because I don’t have the budget, or the space, to house a 7 foot, 48,000 diode, machine.

The CJC/ Ipamorelin allows my body to heal much quicker and I believe, has some anti-aging effects.

1 Like

You can make your own from a bathroom light fixture and infrared therapy bulbs from Amazon for approx. $370 dollars.

I chose the bulbs over the panels because of space and because the bulbs are more intense.

This fixture pretty much covers my body from head to toe. I haven’t been using it regularly enough to know how effective it is. My main purpose is because of the supposed benefits to the eyes and skin.

Easy enough to make and mount on a convenient wall. You will also need a 120VAC electrical cord for the fixture.

13 Likes

Are you using the dosing as per the information on Dr. Greens web site?

1 Like

I do roughly 4-5 grams each.

1 Like

@ExMilitary What did you use to get your bio age calculation? Are you going from blood tests and the Levine phenotypic calculation as we have in our “Friendly Biological Age reduction competition” ?

2 Likes

I haven’t used any epigenetic test that you’re talking about as it seems like no one can agree which ones are accurate but I have done the BrainTap neural check which supposedly measures how stress, specifically, heart rate variability, prematurely ages you.

Here’s a link to what I’m talking about: About Your BrainTap & HRV Session - FAQs

If everyone is taking the same test, perhaps I’ll take it too so I can enter the competition.

1 Like

No, its not an epigenetic test - just a calculation you can make at home based on simple blood test results that most people do… CBC and CRP - see the page above on the Friendly bioage reduction competition - there is a spreadsheet and links to the blood tests which you may already have…

1 Like

These seem like no brainers. One of the most common aging signs is visual and auditory decline. Thanks for the information.

@Stoic Great regime :slight_smile: Prolon has some promising studies. No hormone support? Sleep monitoring? Exercise ?

1 Like

@ExMilitary Thank you so much for taking the time to give such a thorough response. I was not familiar with HAELO and PEMI, so thanks for the information. Some of the discussion on mTOR stimulators vs. mTOR inhibitors create a possible conflict. Testosterone and your CJC/IPA both stimulate mTOR with IGF-1 and testosterone (directly). Both of the hormone support that you are taking can help with quality of life ( Healthspan), but may decrease longevity. The discussions of Dr. Sabatini ( MIT) and Dr. Sinclair (Harvard), seem to suggest that larger muscles may be at a consequence of less longevity. I am not sure if it is an either or since younger populations have high testosterone and GH and seem do great. It seems like you regime is working for you! Thanks again for reponding to my request.

1 Like

@David Yes, I’m aware that I may be using conflicting therapies, but to me, it is a balancing act between age management and healthspan. Living to 110 years old and being disease-free isn’t attractive to me if I am unable to do basic movement patterns like getting up from the floor after playing with my great-grandchildren. So balancing sarcopenia and longevity is critical in my mind.

7 Likes

Thank you and personally share your philosophy and approach. I think it can be confusing for the novice entering into longevity strategies to put together the logic you have come to. My strategy 20 years ago is much different today than previous especially with Rapamycin pathways exposer of the aging pathways. Diet, exercise and sleep are still the foundation, but hormone support, peptides, inflammation control with current Rx mediations like metformin have a place for many patients. I would add that physical balance is underrated as a discipline and activities like yoga may have a place for most longevity regimens. Thanks again for such a comprehensive list.

Hi David, thank you.

Unfortunately I don’t exercise right now, but I religiously reach 10’000 steps (almost) every day and do more in the weekends and holidays. I almost always take the stairs and try to move the whole day, like the centenarians in the blue zones. :wink:

I also alternate a standing desk to the normal one at work.

No I don’t take hormones, but I follow the science on it.

I track my sleep with the app AutoSleep on the Apple Watch.

2 Likes

@Stoic The 10,000 steps is awesome and counts:) The stairs count. Overall, activity counts! Hormones are tricky due to risk and benefits. Science is a long methodical process and so is aging :slight_smile: Hormones need to meet the benefit over risk test. Unfortunately, the only way to to truly access it is to optimize hormones and then determine if benefits are worth it. Thanks again for the response.

3 Likes

More new data on compounds for eye health:

The pigments that increased in the group that ate goji berries, lutein and zeaxanthin, filter out harmful blue light and provide antioxidant protection. Both help to protect the eyes during aging.

“Lutein and zeaxanthin are like sunscreen for your eyes,” said lead author Xiang Li, a doctoral candidate in the Nutritional Biology program.

“The higher the lutein and zeaxanthin in your retina, the more protection you have. Our study found that even in normal healthy eyes, these optical pigments can be increased with a small daily serving of goji berries,” said Li.

Research Paper:

1 Like

Great protocol. Very interested in the CJC/Ipamorelin. Have you noticed any additional beneficial changes since adding it to your regimen, and how do you obtain it? There are several places that can prescribe it locally, but it is very expensive.

1 Like

Consider trying Sermorelin first. Its older and cheaper, but not as strong. If you like some of the benefits, then you can try CJC/IPA. Some people do not notice much difference and stay with Sermorelin and others feel its worth the price. Argument against the IGF-1 / GH boosters is that they turn on mTOR, but seem to counter the symptoms of aging. I am waiting for someone to come up with a possible mechanism that explains the difference of mTOR activation of aging vs. other activators that seem to have positive results like testosterone, IGF-1/ GH and even exercise. It will probably be unveiled that it is just a balance of turning on and off just like balance of sleep and exercise. Good luck.

3 Likes

The CJC/Ipamorelin I use is delivered either by subcutaneous injection or sublingual in the form of a troche. It greatly improves my body’s ability to heal after a tremendous workout or just a long surfing day. At 62 years old, I’m still 99.9% pain-free after many years in the military with bad food, bad sleep, and numerous injuries and surgeries.

As for where I obtain it, I have the good fortune of being a partner in an age management practice here in South Florida that focuses on health optimization without the typical side effects like hair loss or other undesirable outcomes. I have it prescribed and the cost is not anything crazy as it can be formulated by a huge number of compounding pharmacies.

3 Likes

@lsutiger asked me about what brand of lithium orotate I use - this seems fine, but have not seen any good analyses on this compound generally, so have no data to back up my decision:

2 Likes