Can you share your Longevity / HealthSpan Regime?

@David Yes, I’m aware that I may be using conflicting therapies, but to me, it is a balancing act between age management and healthspan. Living to 110 years old and being disease-free isn’t attractive to me if I am unable to do basic movement patterns like getting up from the floor after playing with my great-grandchildren. So balancing sarcopenia and longevity is critical in my mind.

7 Likes

Thank you and personally share your philosophy and approach. I think it can be confusing for the novice entering into longevity strategies to put together the logic you have come to. My strategy 20 years ago is much different today than previous especially with Rapamycin pathways exposer of the aging pathways. Diet, exercise and sleep are still the foundation, but hormone support, peptides, inflammation control with current Rx mediations like metformin have a place for many patients. I would add that physical balance is underrated as a discipline and activities like yoga may have a place for most longevity regimens. Thanks again for such a comprehensive list.

Hi David, thank you.

Unfortunately I don’t exercise right now, but I religiously reach 10’000 steps (almost) every day and do more in the weekends and holidays. I almost always take the stairs and try to move the whole day, like the centenarians in the blue zones. :wink:

I also alternate a standing desk to the normal one at work.

No I don’t take hormones, but I follow the science on it.

I track my sleep with the app AutoSleep on the Apple Watch.

2 Likes

@Stoic The 10,000 steps is awesome and counts:) The stairs count. Overall, activity counts! Hormones are tricky due to risk and benefits. Science is a long methodical process and so is aging :slight_smile: Hormones need to meet the benefit over risk test. Unfortunately, the only way to to truly access it is to optimize hormones and then determine if benefits are worth it. Thanks again for the response.

3 Likes

More new data on compounds for eye health:

The pigments that increased in the group that ate goji berries, lutein and zeaxanthin, filter out harmful blue light and provide antioxidant protection. Both help to protect the eyes during aging.

“Lutein and zeaxanthin are like sunscreen for your eyes,” said lead author Xiang Li, a doctoral candidate in the Nutritional Biology program.

“The higher the lutein and zeaxanthin in your retina, the more protection you have. Our study found that even in normal healthy eyes, these optical pigments can be increased with a small daily serving of goji berries,” said Li.

Research Paper:

1 Like

Great protocol. Very interested in the CJC/Ipamorelin. Have you noticed any additional beneficial changes since adding it to your regimen, and how do you obtain it? There are several places that can prescribe it locally, but it is very expensive.

1 Like

Consider trying Sermorelin first. Its older and cheaper, but not as strong. If you like some of the benefits, then you can try CJC/IPA. Some people do not notice much difference and stay with Sermorelin and others feel its worth the price. Argument against the IGF-1 / GH boosters is that they turn on mTOR, but seem to counter the symptoms of aging. I am waiting for someone to come up with a possible mechanism that explains the difference of mTOR activation of aging vs. other activators that seem to have positive results like testosterone, IGF-1/ GH and even exercise. It will probably be unveiled that it is just a balance of turning on and off just like balance of sleep and exercise. Good luck.

3 Likes

The CJC/Ipamorelin I use is delivered either by subcutaneous injection or sublingual in the form of a troche. It greatly improves my body’s ability to heal after a tremendous workout or just a long surfing day. At 62 years old, I’m still 99.9% pain-free after many years in the military with bad food, bad sleep, and numerous injuries and surgeries.

As for where I obtain it, I have the good fortune of being a partner in an age management practice here in South Florida that focuses on health optimization without the typical side effects like hair loss or other undesirable outcomes. I have it prescribed and the cost is not anything crazy as it can be formulated by a huge number of compounding pharmacies.

3 Likes

@lsutiger asked me about what brand of lithium orotate I use - this seems fine, but have not seen any good analyses on this compound generally, so have no data to back up my decision:

2 Likes

Melatonin Research / Aging:

Melatonin as an Anti-Aging Therapy for Age-Related Cardiovascular and Neurodegenerative Diseases

In this context, melatonin, an endogenous compound naturally synthesized not only by the pineal gland but also by many cell types, may have a key role in the modulation of multiple mechanisms associated with aging. Additionally, this indoleamine is also a therapeutic agent, which may be administered exogenously with a high degree of safety. For this reason, melatonin could become an attractive and low-cost alternative for slowing the processes of aging and its associated diseases, including cardiovascular and neurodegenerative disorders.

Full Paper:

2 Likes

I read that a couple of days ago. It’s incredible everything that melatonin is involved in and it wasn’t easy reading. I’m now thinking that it’s very important and might be a great add on to rapamycin.

As usual we’re not sure about optimal dosing. I’ve varied from 5-40 mg a night and can’t decide which is best.

2 Likes

Nice! Dr. Neal Rouzier, national and internationally known hormone / longevity Doc, has had melatonin as a staple for his approach to longevity and healthspan for 25+ years. His dosing range is from 0.5mg to 100mg +.

1 Like

Hi, I’m from Mexico and I’m 36 years old.

I have been taking sirolimus 3 mg with a whole grapefruit every week for a month.

daily I take 8 grams of hydrolyzed collagen.
5 mg lithium carbonate
2.7 g of Arginine alpha-ketoglutarate.
2 g of Glycine
3g magnesium glycinate
100mg fisetin
150 mg of acarbose divided into meals.
425 mg of metformin in the morning.
2g glucosamine sulfate
150 mg of hyaluronic acid
100mg of vitamin c.
8 grams of inulin fiber.
every week 1 g NAC

6 Likes

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Sounds like you’ve got a “stack” that is working for you. Have you done any pre or post blood tests and done any calculations on your biological age / epigenetic age?

Be careful with the vitamin c you don’t want kidney stones.

1 Like

I took several components of the de novos formulation, and I have 2 months in it, I hope to have my first blood tests in 2 weeks

1 Like

my dose is 100 mg per day I think it is not enough to favor kidney stones

3 Likes

@LGalindo Thanks for sharing your information. Your regime is very impressive and sophisticated especially for only being 36.

Have you noticed any benefits yet vs. what you are hoping to see changes in?

Do have a problem getting Rapamycin in Mexico?

1 Like

@David I have lost about 4 kilograms, my energy level has improved, and I am rarely sleepy during the day.

I started the supplements 2 months ago but when I started rapamycin the beneficial effects became very noticeable.

I have bought rapamycin in online pharmacies, where they are quite expensive.

1 Like

The prices on FarmaSmart you gave us are $3,150.00 pesos per 60 tablets (or about $157 US dollars), or $2.60 per 1mg. Yes - about 2.5 times higher priced than the typical India sources.