Buy Rapamycin Online - List of Reliable Pharmacies

Spot on - my spikes were sometimes above 200 pre Jardiance. Over the past three weeks not one above 160 and only rarely above 140.
I do however follow a fairly low carb diet and most likely a donut would still push me towards 200.

1 Like

Since I started using the CGM, I’ve never seen a number north of 200. In any case, it’s a good point. Looks like there’s more ice cream cake in my future…

If anyone in australia, needs australia supplier (1-2 day shipping to any state in australia) of the original rapamune brand (original brand). for good price message me :slight_smile: might be easier with aus supplier as our customs are quiet strict with international deliveries.

do you take jardiance with metformin/acarbose? I wonder if its safe to combine 2 anti diabetic medication if you got no diabetes. I always worry about low sugar if I do this. I currently take arcabose.

You will know it if you have too low blood sugar. Your body will tell you. Hypoglycemia feels like having a heart attack.

2 Likes

See these related threads:

Here: (Query) Metformin, ascarbose, empagliflozin

Here: Acarbose, An mTORC2 Promoter We Should All Take?

Here: Canagliflozin vs Acarbose/Metformin for Anti-ageing

3 Likes

I’ve never had a heart attack but I have “bonked” which is cycling speak for running low on blood sugar during exercise when the liver has run out of glucose. In this situation, the brain is starved of energy. It isn’t easy to accomplish this normally, but on occasion I would not eat all day and then I would do a HIIT spin class after work.

Here is what “bonking” feels like:

• heart rate starts increasing and gets very high (racing HR; higher than the exercise would warrant)
  • start to feel sick to stomach…nauseated
  • start to sweat profusely while feeling very cold
  • dizzy; have to lie on floor until the symptoms pass, which takes 5-15 minutes…all the while breathing very heavily.

Then I’d get up, feeling lucky to be alive, and go home to eat food.

6 Likes

Yes, that’s what it feels like. You can eat a piece of candy or drink a soda to recover within 10 minutes.

1 Like

I’ve taken Metformin 500mg SR on and off for at least ten years and tbh I’ve only seen minimum effect of my blood sugar levels. I have bs spikes very easily and they often take a long time to fall below 140. I decided to give Jardiance a try after reading one of @desertshores posts. 10mg is the usual starting dose and half a 25mg is closest to that I could get. For me the results are impressive- I never (and have never) go hypoglycemic - nowhere close. Here are CGM charts from August and Oct/November with the Jardiance/Metformin - showing spikes above 140 on each.

2 Likes

Today I tried the ice cream cake without the empagliflozin. My BG spiked to 171 after eating the cake. It had been about 38 hours since my last dose.

My numbers for today were:
Average Glucose: 106 mg/dL
Standard Deviation: 12 mg/dL

3 Likes

I’m in Sydney. How do I contact you?

How does Acarbose go for you? I’m about to start. Do you take it with breakfast or every meal?

1 Like

Take Acarbose with any high carb or sugary meal (crunch up the tablet with the first bite).
No point in taking one if eating something primarily protein and fat and any carbs are all high fibre.

2 Likes

Is hot cereal, like whole gain oatmeal, no sugar added, considered to be high carb?

1 Like

I would have an Acarbose with that if that is the only part of that particular meal.

3 Likes

Will acarbose reduce the absorption of phytonutrients as well as the glucose (and fructose?)? If memory serves, Acarbose reduces the absorption of the digestible carbohydrate so more of it goes to the large intestine to be eaten by bugs. We get a healthier gut which provides more SCFA (and gas). But what good things get lost in the trade is my question.

3 Likes

I’m not sure anyone knows if anything good is not absorbed. I don’t think we have that fine a level of clarity regarding this.

3 Likes

Concerning glucose and fructose: acarbose is a specific inhibitor of alpha-glucosidase, which breaks down oligosaccharides. According to this mechanism of action, acarbose would not have an inpact on glucose and fructose. These are already monosaccharides.
Yes, but maybe there are indirect effects by the changed matrix of the “material” :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

So the free glucose and fructose (and other simple sugars I’d guess) are unaffected but the glucose bound up in complex carbs (starch) is not broken down or absorbed (goes into large bowel)?

Acarbose has three mechanisms?

1. Lowers absorption of glucose (from starch) to decrease calories from sugar and …
  2. lowers peak blood sugar spikes
  3. Creates more diversity in gut microbiome through feeding more nutrients that goes to the large bowel.

I don’t eat bread or rice or potatoes. Would I get any benefit from acarbose?

2 Likes

This sounds very reasonable from my humble perspektive of a molecular biologist.
The first two points are in alignment with the summary of product characteristics (SmPC) for approved glucobay. The effect is dose dependent.
I don’t know if the third point was known at the time of approval of glucobay. It seems to be later research. I suppose the effects on blood glucose and HbA1c were sufficient for approval.
I can not imagine a need or added beneficial effect of additional acarbose when for instance eating a steak.
The opinion of a physician concerning the clinical perspektive would be interessting.

3 Likes