Bryan Johnson's Longevity Protocol - Your Thoughts?

You would think he would be taking a SGLT2 inhibitor and spermidine as he seems to want to take anything promising as those two are far more promising than at least 8 or 9 things he is taking.

1 Like

Why would you avoid pea protein? Asking because I’m also taking it.

1 Like

Oh I’ll have to dig for awhile to find the low carb guru on a video I think on Ivor’s site. He’s from Australia. It’s been awhile, but he thinks it causes parkinsons. Also it’s so processed.

I’ll work on it…

2 Likes

I think I’ve failed to find the video I wanted. The upshot is that the lectin from peas transports up the vagus nerve and causes Parkinsons. This is known to happen.

I’ve read several papers now that say pea protein is heated and processed so that there are not many lectins in it any more. So it’s possible he was working with actual peas, and not the protein you take.

I sent the video to several people, but have changed computers since then and the old one took my emails when it went down.

2 Likes

What I think Rapamycin does is to enable cells to produce more of the proteins that they are able to produce. Hence things work better.

I take a small amount of collagen every day, but I think my skin improvements are from my broader approach which includes a small amount of Rapamycin.

1 Like

Well hes clearly an capable fella and the routine/supplements is decent but theres a few big factors I disagree on.

1. One doesnt make a huge difference agingwise by throwing everything and the kitchen sink at the biomarkers and trying to replicate what it looks like in a young person. (most of those are downstream non-important things)

2. Being at his level of muscularity is inherently pro-aging since the body is put into a performance/anabolic mode instead of repair mode.

1 Like

He probably isn’t in nearly as anabolic state as it might appear. He is about 150 pounds, but has about 6% body fat. This creates an illusion of large muscles. A well known example is Brad Pitt in The Fight Club". Brad is 5’ 11" 155 pounds in this movie an appears to have large muscles. In reality, if you saw him at that time in regular clothes he appeared extremely thin and somewhat scrawny.

8 Likes

Heard the following:

Bryan Johnson of Project Blueprint is working with Oliver Zolman.
Rejuvenation Leaderboard - Oliver Zolman MD | Evidence-based health

Oliver Zolman MD, on Twitter:
https://twitter.com/OliverZolmanMD

Oliver’s objective is stated pretty clearly on his website and Bryan is on the top of his leaderboard. There used to be a lot more people on the leaderboard but Oliver has narrowed down what he accepts as evidence of age reversal and many were dropped off the list.

From his site “There are hundrds of Zolman Clock markers across 78 organs that are eligible for scoring”

He does not accept just one measurement, like a single epigenetic DNA methylation test.

3 Likes

Of course, I am suspicious of any aging tests at this point and especially suspicious of Dr.s that sell supplements.

3 Likes

Yes - thats not of much use right now I agree.

It is interesting what he’s trying to do though… in terms of identifying optimal dosing, etc. for rapamycin. I applaud the efforts.

Our Aims & Objectives

Peer-reviewed AGREE-II Clinical Practice Guideline (CPG)

• Exceeds AGREE-II criteria
  • NICE guideline style, open-access
  • Inclusion, exclusion criteria informed by the Global adverse event pooling and Global efficacy marker pooling
  • Subgroups
  • Safety & efficacy monitoring
  • Cessation
  • Interactions
  • Evergreen structured systematic review of all preclinical and clinical evidence
  • Reviewed by indemnity insurers across multiple jurisdictions (USA, UK, EU)

Global adverse event pooling

Pool all adverse events with detailed meta-data

• Side effect causality likelihood grading systems
  • Adverse event type, exact biomarker data and severity grading
  • Dose protocol and brand used
  • Co-intervention data
  • Individual participant data medical history, medical conditions, age, gender, ethnicity
  • Rapamycin metabolism FDA approved genotype data

Global efficacy marker pooling

Pool all efficacy data including Zolman Organ Specific Biological Age effect

• Device, imaging and biofluid based biomarkers
  • Zolman organ specific biological age biomarker effect
  • PhenoAge blood panel
  • Subgroup analysis by Longevity Level 1 compliance, CRON (calorie restriction optimal nutrition) status, age, gender, ethnicity, rapamycin metabolism alleles and more

Identify the optimal dosing protocol of rapa for all subgroups

• Is rapamycin and metformin better?
  • Is human equivalent dose rapa to wild-type mouse lifespan studies necessary for maximum risk benefit ratio?
  • Should enteric coated rapa be used?
  • Should rapa be stopped during certain time periods?
  • What is the optimal dosing protocol for each subgroup?
3 Likes

I agree. Current dosing advice needs to be improved. Following Dr. Blagosklonny’s advice of more is better and taking a dose that doesn’t produce negative side effects is not particularly helpful. I have been trying to zero in on that dose. I have been at 20mg/bi-weekly with grapefruit juice, to 5 mg/weekly. Right now I am at 8mg weekly. My negative side effect apart from some blood markers is diarrhea. So, I think the best dose for me is going to be between 8mg and 12mg/week. I take all of my doses with EVOO and full-fat milk.

3 Likes

I tried contacting Oliver Zolman, but got no response. The idea of someone collating examples of people attempting functional improvements is a good idea, however.

2 Likes

I think he’s working with doctors to share their experiences with patients to come up with this data, not working directly with individuals.

1 Like

Personally I think there is a role for communities such as Rapamycin.news having informed discussions about dosing issues.

In the end these things are not decisions where there should be an attempt to centrally control decisionmaking.

2 Likes

It could be full fat milk that causes your diarrhea. Just a thought.

2 Likes

Diarrhea is a common side effect of really high doses of rapamycin… Over 30mg, or equivalent doses with grapefruit juice.

2 Likes

The doze was 8 - 12 mg which is low for diarrhea. Therefore I suspected milk per own experience.

2 Likes

@desertshores are you taking just 5mg without GFJ now and still getting diarrhea?

I was seeing “20mg/bi-weekly with grapefruit juice” - which is equivalent to 60mg to possibly as high as 120mg+ depending on his body’s response to the combination of GFJ and rapamycin), and at that level many people, I’ve seen in clinical studies, get diarrhea.

1 Like

Interesting that a lot of that October 2021 workout seems to be things Ben Patrick aka kneesovertoesguy is heavy on. I started working many of these exercises into my routine in the last 6 months.

2 Likes

Interesting… never heard of the guy. Do you like the workout routines?