Bryan Johnson's Longevity Protocol - Your Thoughts?

You probably don’t need all of it. Money isn’t a problem for him. I’m sure if you were methodical and designed a program to target each muscle group you could find equivalent gear for a lot less.

1 Like

Perhaps in the garage, a spare bedroom? I don’t have the room, but perhaps at some point.

1 Like

Anyone know which compounding pharmacy makes his 17ae2 and how we could get some?

2 Likes

Or if you invested the $10k in index funds, it would expected to be $80 K in 30 years.
You spent $10800 on a gym membership, and made $70K in profit.

2 Likes

I have a small amount of home exercise equipment and don’t have to visit a gym to use it.

It’s possible to just use some dumbbells as far as I know, and enough weight.
And a bike or something, indoors or not.

3 Likes

Actually a very smart idea, lol

1 Like
4 Likes
2 Likes

Wow. I can identify some on sight but he orange and purple ones have me stumped…

That’s a lot of pills!

Orange one is probably turmeric

1 Like

That was going to be my guess, but turmeric is best used applied directly on food.

And it tastes better that way too. You might as well enjoy your supplements.

That’s why I add turmeric to my salads and glycine to my coffee.

1 Like

You might be right, but maybe taking a pill is a way of controlling the dose. He talks about every calorie fighting for its existence.

That’s a little too extreme for me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yes - but I do find the comment “every calorie fighting for its existence” pretty humorous.

This video below is an interesting take by a guy who sound’s like he’s a friend of Oliver Zolman’s …

1 Like

Yes it’s all a bit OTT. Each to their own.

Although I don’t want Bryan to fail, I am wondering if he will. He takes so much stuff, very extreme. Latest is HGH, but he also takes a lot of the ITP longevity drugs. The way he’s exercising is very aggressive, swinging around like it’ll destroy his joints or increase risk of injury. “Things happen out of the blue”, the tail risks/the black swan comes around the corner.

I’m starting to think one of the most important things is to be careful, and basically take this in turtle speed, rather than leap ahead like he does. But he does have a lot of scanning equipment and staff that can monitor him, which he does… a lot.

4 Likes

Yes, I was wondering about the intensity of the exercise and the damage that might be done to his joints, etc…

Seems he could get almost all the same benefits and prevent some wear and tear if he took it down a notch.

1 Like

It is his son that designs his workouts for every day, I appreciate the thought, but shouldn’t Bryan use an expert? It seems a bit inconsistent.

2 Likes

I believe he used several experts to develop exercises and his son is just mixing them up into daily sets… he talks about it in one of the videos.
His exercise routine is quite simple, a lot of mobility exercises, some strength and some cardio. I believe it is 45 minutes every day. This is not really too much. He keeps strenuous exercises under 90 minutes per week. All other exercises are moderate. I think his routine is really good and consistent with studies on longevity and exercising. In latest video he said that he is in a gym much less than he wants as he really enjoys it but keeps times consistent with studies and measurements. Ben Patrick helped develop the joint strengthening exercises. He is quite know for his joint routines.

6 Likes