Bryan Johnson: How I Reversed My Hair Loss + Greying

I’ve used volaren for knee pain. It is a surprisingly effective pain killer. I used it when I had very bad / sharp knee pain that came on over about 12 mos. Patellofemoral pain is the name of “we don’t know what it is” syndrome. It also faded over the last 6 mos so I don’t use the Volaren anymore.

1 Like

Maybe you’ve looked into this more than I but Diclofenac (Voltaren) is a pretty strong NSAID. NSAID’s decrease GFR in the kidneys and can cause kidney damage at high dose and especially in the context of dehydration. Diclofenac cream is “dosed” per instructions on the box meaning you can’t just rub a bunch wherever you want because it is applied topically but absorbed at some level systemically. So it comes with a card and you express a line of a certain length depending on where you are applying. If I remember correctly there is no instruction for dosage for application for the scalp.

I’d be concerned using it on my scalp as the scalp is highly vascularized (that’s why head wounds bleed so much) and likely Diclofenac in the topical form is absorbed more readily through the scalp than when it is applied elsewhere. It might be fine but I’m not sure we have any way of knowing. Especially if you are taking other NSAIDs like Naproxen or ibuprofen for back pain or other arthritis, adding Diclofenac to hair tonic may be pushing the NSAID dosage limit for your kidneys. At the very least I’d follow kidney function more frequently if I were using this.

I’ve mentioned this before but one of the observations in clinical trials for the SGLT2i’s was dehydration that contributed to acute renal injury so again adding all these together may put you at higher risk.

Just a note of caution.

6 Likes

diclofenac is available here in Europe and via IndiaMart as a 6x 75 mg / 3ml injectable.

1 Like

In spite of all his money spend in trying to look food he’s still a creep

1 Like

What I have noticed is in men the areas of hair most resistant to male pattern baldness grey much more than the areas that go bald (even in men with no apparent balding whatsoever)

1 Like

Exosomes are interesting! @AmyK Dr. Amy Killen does a fair amount of this for various hopeful outcomes. Also, @Ben_Greenfield may have some personal experience with exosome injections.

1 Like

Thanks @David . Yes! I’ve been injecting exosomes for hair loss for more than six years. I’ve injected @Ben_Greenfield several times as well (although for him it was more for prevention). Exosomes and stem cells are both useful for improving the quality and density of hair. And, although it’s not been published, we’ve had several patients notice improvement in grey hair.

And, of course, exosomes and stem cells are great for improving skin quality too - texture, tone, color, fine lines. They can be injected or applied topically after microneedling. They are small enough to penetrate the skin so they can be given topically as well (although the results are more dramatic with injections or microneedling).

11 Likes

Does anyone know of a compounding pharmacy that produces Bryan’s hair tonic formula?

1 Like

I find it easier to just buy the items… but…some are prescriptions… and make it myself.

Been doing that for a few years. When I run low…I make it myself.

See topic: Rapamycin for Hair Growth and Hair Pigmentation

It’s all there.

4 Likes

If I had to make it, I don’t think I would keep up with it consistently. Looking for the easy way out but can’t seem to find a pharmacy that offers it. Thanks.

1 Like

If you are doing the kitchen sink approach maybe look at including certizine (zyrtec) apparently its a PGD2 inhibitor and as or more effective than minoxidil.

2 Likes

Zyrtec for hair?

This says yes for male androgenetic alopecia (AGA). Not better than minoxidil but without minoxidil side effects.

1 Like

What our favourite vegan hairloss youtuber has to say about BJ’s treatment.

2 Likes

Wake up, your favorite troubled, low cholesterol, individual just posted a new video! @scta123

Now we know why, he is an angry, angry, soy boy!

LOL

I still believe he could benefit from seeing a psychiatrist and undergoing long-term psychotherapy, preferably with a skilled therapist experienced in treating patients with F60.

1 Like

He is a mutant beast. Took too much Finasteride. I’m afraid he’s far too gone.
The best you can do is get him a Jungian psychologist.

2 Likes

We have had some good, but not complete results from use of scalp exosomes. Be sure to research the difference between a full dose, and a cosmetic dose. A full dose is measured in multiple hundredes of billions (and sometimes we use a few doses at a time). A cosmetic dose is usually 5 or 10 billion. Fresh frozen exosomes are best (not the dried ones that need reconstituting). Additionally, we have had more than one person have reversal of gray hair from i.v. exosomes. It all comes down the the inflammatory damage in the cells in the scalp dermis. Like any longevity modality, reversal of inflammation is the key!

7 Likes

Here a good analysis of Bryan Johnson hair loss strategy.
The guy who made this video has his very own style but he’s super sharp on the studies about hair loss.
The proper analysis starts at 2.40, topical formulation at 8.20. Diclofenac at 10.50
He has also a very interesting take on finasteride not only as an anti hair loss drug but as a global anti aging compound in general.

3 Likes

And commentary from a dermatologist:

4 Likes

While Mann and Dr Dray focus on different parts of BJ’s hair protocol, both are highly critical of it.

2 Likes