BAAM Presentations - GLYLO, and Meclizine mTORC1 Inhibitor

BTW, if you take 2 Glylo pills/day, DYI might save you about half the cost because increasing the dosage of the ingredients often increased their cost minimally. 2 Glylo cost $0.93, but I came up with $0.44 for 2 doses of DYI ingredients.

Please tell me what is new here, micronization of ingredients, proprietary blend, patents? It may be an okay product but nothing to get excited about.

i prefer japanese B1 Fursultiamine

I havenā€™t seen other research into therapies that tackle sarcopenia, other than rapamycin. And the only proposed therapies for reduced glycans (that I know of) are those that address gut barrier function or consumption of AGES. Obviously, this research is early and someone is trying to make a buck, but it could be uniquely helpful.

desertshores,

Do not take this the wrong way.

If you feel that strongly of your supplement, create/start an organization/entity/company and do the testing and publish the data and information.

That is how you can prove and or disprove.

I was being sarcastic.

1 Like

Oops, I can be dense sometimes.

Sarcopenia therapy

5 Likes

works pretty well for a whileā€¦but then I see people like Jack LaLanne and Frank Zane, complete skeleton stick figures of their former selves even while they never stopped working out.

2 Likes

It would seem that even normal weight people would benefit from this. I would guess that it surely wouldnā€™t cause normal weight people to become underweight. And probably wouldnā€™t cause them to lose any weight.

Weight training is a great sarcopenia therapy, but it is incomplete and seems to fail toward the end of life.

This 86 yr old didnā€™t get the memo.

Is there a biological/physiological reason one cannot continue to stimulate skeletal muscle (and get some level of hypertrophy) into late life?

What is a ā€œcompleteā€ anti-sarcopenia protocol?

I plan to build a very good reserve of mass/strength, and then maintain into late life.

Iā€™m not going down from this easily avoidable pathway.

2 Likes

Well, he did live to be 96 yrs old. He doesnā€™t look that bad on his 90th birthday.

I make no accusations, but Frank Zane unlike Jack Lalanne appeared to be a steroid user.

I have noticed at my gym that old ā€œbodybuildersā€ are in short supply, while older athletes who were never bodybuilders are still looking good and not losing a lot of muscle mass.

1 Like

The problem with an aging disorder such as sarcopenia, and why there is so much research on it, is that it inevitably becomes an exponential runaway freight train. It gets to a point that no matter how much someone has worked out all their life, the body simply doesnā€™t respond at all anymore. And, in fact, shrivels up. Thatā€™s sarcopenia. I seriously doubt Zane looks like a toothpick from steroid use.

A complete sarcopenia therapy would allow you to maintain the same muscle mass throughout your entire life, given the same nutrition and exercise. Clearly, resistance exercise can help maintain and build muscle even into oneā€™s 70s, but beyond that we have very few examples.

Iā€™ll take 96.

I donā€™t do cardio or resistance exercise for fun or to look good naked!

Exercise for me is entirely for cognitive, just like keto. (CVD and cancer but secondary all cause risk reduction).

Cardio and resistance unleashes a myriad of signalling metabolites that are neuroprotectiveā€¦in fact, neuro-bioenergenetic.

Iā€™d like like to simply maintain my current physical status into old age, no desire for muscle bulk up or marathoning.

1 Like

Thatā€™s not a scientific rationale. Show me the literature re biological/physiological limit.

Yes, I want to take my strong muscles to the end. I donā€™t want to fall because my muscles were too weak at 90 years old, and break my hip, never to be the same. I want to die in an unpreventable accident, not from being worn down to a shell of my former self.

1 Like

Press coverage on GLYLO:

2 Likes

How is GLYLO + exercise superior to just exercise?

Prior studies show that a large proportion (almost 20%) of ketone bodies can be bound to methylglyoxal [5]; consistent with this, the Kapahi lab has observed that lowering methylglyoxal levels almost doubled the free ketones available. In addition, prior studies show that methylglyoxal blunts the beneficial effects of exercise. Together, these studies support the observations from the Kapahi lab that lowering methylglyoxal and related AGEs can boost the effects of exercise, in part by enhancing ketones and also raising glutathione levels.

Iā€™ve been taking my self-mixed version of GLYLO since soon after my May 17 post. Iā€™ve noticed no effects yet.

I take the equivalent of 2 GLYLO pills each morning on an empty stomach, per the instructions.

2 Likes