BAAM Presentations - GLYLO, and Meclizine mTORC1 Inhibitor

The Juvify company directions, with two capsules being twice the amounts posted above:

“Take one or two capsules every morning, before breakfast or lunch. For optimal results, we recommend overnight fasting of twelve to sixteen hours. GLYLO is designed for long-term use by healthy adults of all ages.”

1 Like

I’m still not convinced this is not just another supplement money-making scheme.
“For optimal results, we recommend overnight fasting of twelve to sixteen hours”
That alone will result in weight loss and health benefits for many people.
I think fasting and piperine are the magic ingredients.
So, just use Google Scholar and Google “piperine benefits”
Just because Juvify has some academic scholars behind it is meaningless to me.
Even Nobel prize winners and Phds like Dr. David Sinclair have been known to promote and shill questionable products which they benefit from.
So, I challenge them to test Glylo against my anti-aging supplement:
1, B50 Daily
40 mg, generic piperine daily
12 to 16 hours fasting between supper and your first daily meal.
And, if you want to triple the benefits add in regular resistance training and exercise.

Duh! Pray tell, rapamycin and almost any supplement will be better than the supplement alone.
(Sorry, I don’t mean to be rude.)

Seen in another discussion forum:

1 Like

You may be right, and there are some red flags here, but there are also some indicators of credibility: they do research with and publish with reputable institutions (Buck and UCSF), and they give the exact makeup of the intervention being used, not some “proprietary blend.”

1 Like

Here is my cost analysis of Glylo vs DYI individual ingredients.

from the post above:

And, here is what is in GLYLO:
GLYLO-benefits

My cost estimate:

As you can see, Glylo doesn’t have a big mark-up: $0.47 vs $0.33, and it would be much closer if you bought pills of piperine. I chose P5P and Benfotiamine as the forms of B6 and B1 for their bioavailability. You might save $0.05 total with generics.

4 Likes

BTW, if you take 2 Glylo pills/day, DYI might save you about half the cost because increasing the dosage of the ingredients often increased their cost minimally. 2 Glylo cost $0.93, but I came up with $0.44 for 2 doses of DYI ingredients.

Please tell me what is new here, micronization of ingredients, proprietary blend, patents? It may be an okay product but nothing to get excited about.

i prefer japanese B1 Fursultiamine

I haven’t seen other research into therapies that tackle sarcopenia, other than rapamycin. And the only proposed therapies for reduced glycans (that I know of) are those that address gut barrier function or consumption of AGES. Obviously, this research is early and someone is trying to make a buck, but it could be uniquely helpful.

desertshores,

Do not take this the wrong way.

If you feel that strongly of your supplement, create/start an organization/entity/company and do the testing and publish the data and information.

That is how you can prove and or disprove.

I was being sarcastic.

1 Like

Oops, I can be dense sometimes.

Sarcopenia therapy

5 Likes

works pretty well for a while…but then I see people like Jack LaLanne and Frank Zane, complete skeleton stick figures of their former selves even while they never stopped working out.

2 Likes

It would seem that even normal weight people would benefit from this. I would guess that it surely wouldn’t cause normal weight people to become underweight. And probably wouldn’t cause them to lose any weight.

Weight training is a great sarcopenia therapy, but it is incomplete and seems to fail toward the end of life.

This 86 yr old didn’t get the memo.

Is there a biological/physiological reason one cannot continue to stimulate skeletal muscle (and get some level of hypertrophy) into late life?

What is a “complete” anti-sarcopenia protocol?

I plan to build a very good reserve of mass/strength, and then maintain into late life.

I’m not going down from this easily avoidable pathway.

2 Likes

Well, he did live to be 96 yrs old. He doesn’t look that bad on his 90th birthday.

I make no accusations, but Frank Zane unlike Jack Lalanne appeared to be a steroid user.

I have noticed at my gym that old “bodybuilders” are in short supply, while older athletes who were never bodybuilders are still looking good and not losing a lot of muscle mass.

1 Like

The problem with an aging disorder such as sarcopenia, and why there is so much research on it, is that it inevitably becomes an exponential runaway freight train. It gets to a point that no matter how much someone has worked out all their life, the body simply doesn’t respond at all anymore. And, in fact, shrivels up. That’s sarcopenia. I seriously doubt Zane looks like a toothpick from steroid use.