Anti-Aging Benefits Could Be Found in Blood (Discover)

A lay article on the history and future of blood-based therapeutics for longevity… a good read, I recommend you check it out.

Are you ready for a Super Age-Reducing supplement, a revolutionary, clinically proven, all-natural remedy guaranteed to make you look 20 years younger and 30 pounds lighter — or your money back?

We’ve all seen some variation of this message: another hard sell for a product that promises the benefits of youth or exercise (or something else) in a pill.

But what if legitimate researchers were actually developing drugs that could one day do what those sketchy late-night infomercials and YouTube videos have been claiming for years? That is exactly what scientists at leading universities across the U.S. are doing, by searching for factors circulating in our own blood that appear to confer the healthful benefits of youth and exercise.

The first breakthrough came in 2014, when Tony Wyss-Coray and colleagues at Stanford University surgically connected the bloodstreams of an old mouse and a young mouse in a process called heterochronic parabiosis. As they reported in Nature Medicine, the procedure caused the old brain to function more like a younger one, generating more new brain cells and improving the ability to learn and remember.

Then, in 2020, Saul Villeda of the University of California, San Francisco, published a paper in Science showing that the long-established cognitive benefits of exercise could likewise be conferred by injecting the blood of elderly, exercising mice into the bloodstream of their elderly, sedentary littermates. Even more extraordinarily, he found that a single enzyme, called GPLD1, was responsible for transmitting most of those benefits. When administered to the aged, less active mice, the enzyme reproduced most of the neurocognitive benefits seen in aged exercisers. Older humans who exercise were likewise found to have higher levels of GPLD1 than their sedentary counterparts.

Read the full story here:

More reading on this topic: Lowering the Cost / Improving Access for Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (Plasmapheresis)

1 Like

FWIW

What I am thinking of doing.

Remove old/current plasma in my system, the amount I am still undecided.

Dilute the balance/replace the removed plasma with coconut water from young unprocessed coconuts{yes, right out of the coconut just filtered as in the published paper posted.

Will this cause/produce a result? Positive or negative.

I have no idea,

3 Likes

Joseph - what part of the world are you located? Are there any biohacker groups in your area where there might be similarly minded people who you can work with - similar to those I mentioned in this post: Lowering the Cost / Improving Access for Therapeutic Plasma Exchange (Plasmapheresis) - #112 by RapAdmin

When and If I get fully into this, I know I’d like to work with a group of people who have some expertise in the area (because I don’t). But I know you have more expertise in this area, so you may be more comfortable working alone on it.

Why would you choose coconut water over prescription albumin - seems like a medical product would be safer and more antiseptic than coconut water…

2 Likes

I am in Northern New Jersey.
I do not know of any group, have not even looked.

I am not a fan of others human blood product.

There may be a “youth factor”/ compound in young blood/blood . plasma.

In my view the coconut water has been shown to be safe based on the paper published. Review the paper, paper stated the fluid from inside the coconut is sterile. One person received 1,200ml of IV coconut water. In my view coconut water may be equal to or better{?] than using a human albumin saline product for systemic diluting or fresh young human plasma.

Fresh young coconut water instead of fresh young human plasma.

As a thought as I am writing this.
I recall Sinclair in a video interview/presentation speaking about plants exposé to hormesis may have extended life.

1 Like