Another age clock interview

Came across the following;

GlycanAge

Interview starts at around 7:30 time marker.

1 Like

NICE!! Got thinking to add the GlycanAge test to my TruMe data on Methylation of DNA.
Cost for 2 tests with 2 half hour consults with Code discount of 15% - I used CODE: NICHOLA saved $100 total cost was $506. Website: https://glycanage.com/

I see a great correlation. Will keep you updated on what I discover using this blood test Age Clock.

In the podcast Researcher and self-tested Dr. Lauc - provided information that definitely makes me consider the inflammation damage that might come with an older person (maybe in their 60’s up) over exercising - with no repair or healing time between workouts. Dr. Lauc addresses this from his own experience. The students are in the gym everyday and after 2-years of seeing them - they look the same to me. I go every other day and I feel my health/muscle benefit is equal at a visual glance. Need that recovery break time.

Appreciated you putting this up for us!

Just a bit more on the topic of glycans. I am very excited to explore this biological age - or you could call it a health score tool.

Link: How GlycanAge Biological Age Testing Works - an Interview with Gordan Lauc — nickengerer.org

My idea is to see how rapamycin/sirolimus and metformin are effecting my glycans and report back here.

2 Likes

My GlycanAge kit(s) arrived today.

It seemed prudent to get the two kits. One now and the second use in 6 months. Comes with a consult for each test. Instructions easy and clear.

Was pretty easy. Although.I am not into finger pricks… but the kit comes with 3 spring loaded lancets. The first lancet failed.

The next one worked great… needed four big drops of blood.

Let air dry 2 hours - pack and send.

Easy peasy… will share my results when they come back in 4 weeks. Can hardly wait.

Results at lab… getting closer.

It’s back!!!

Drum roll please… my Glycan results are back.

Remember, the PEARL study is using GlycanAge to get a biological baseline age of its participants prior to taking Rapamycin… and after use to see changes .

In their report, I rate health off the charts in all areas compared to a majority that are tested. Biologically I am 37 years… chronological 64 years. I take 10 mg rapamycin once a week, 1ml of 200mg Cypionate injection weekly, 500 mg Metformin daily. And, vitamins… D, Zinc, B-12, Magnesium, Melatonin.

I do resistence exercise 1 hour 15 minutes …every other day.

Feeling amazing right now!

4 Likes

Great news - thanks for posting.

I was contacted by the GlycanAge management / Gordon Lauc, etc. last week and they want to do a small test/special offering with our members here. They are interested in pre/post testing before and after using rapamycin. More details coming soon…

6 Likes

Can you change your handle to AGE-LESS!

Love these low markers posts.

2 Likes

Hahaha! Sure Agetron to Ageless! :laughing: :joy:

I am as shocked as anyone - except… I have to say that I feel amazing 100% of the time.

1 Like

Low GlycanAge > Longevity?

Keto diet (low glucose) + Phlebotomy (dumping glycanated proteins) > Low GlycanAge > Longevity?

I should do a test to throw another n=1 on the map.

2 Likes

Maybe… Not cheap - but not bad for the amount work they do.

I went ahead and got 2 at the discount. Will want to retest in about 6-months. Look for any changes… if none… then stay the course.

1 Like

If you make no changes, 6 months might not be necessary.

Did they tell you how long to wait after an intervention?

1 Like

Jason, how long have you been on the rapamycin?

1 Like

Yes… I started rapamycin under my physician supervison in August 2020. Blood checks every 3-months. My rapamycin is pharmaceutical ordered thru Acreedo. I started Metformin in October of 2021.

1 Like

I will be adding Astaxanthin and continuing more reguarly with a few Amino acids – Quercetin; L- Cysteine; Glycine and Fisetin.

Good to confirm I am doing it right, and consistent. When the news is almost too good to be true… as a 27 years gain is for me… definitely like to retest 6 months later and see if it really is accurate… not some fluke. I did that also with TruMe and had same results - 6 months apart. Very reassuring. :wink:

1 Like

Getting my Coronary Calcium Scan on June 9th… got the idea from this group. My physician decided to do his too - he is 48 years.

Another check of body health. Based on my Glycan markers - I am assuming no atherosclerosis, but this test will be definitive.

1 Like

The CT is going to look backwards at your last 60+ yrs. It’s not a real time indicator of your current extremely healthy lifestyle.

I wouldn’t be too alarmed if you didn’t have a stellar past lifestyle and had some calcification. The important thing is to adapt and prevent future progression!

1 Like

I might be wrong, but I kinda thought that the Rapamycine actually went through and scoured out the artieries and my heart to a degree. When I first started Rapamycin I could feel the weight in my heart and things changing - it was heavy. My arm veins had divots and chinks in them those all cleared out… so I may be naive, but I think the Rapamycin cleared out a lot of my 60 years of bad habits in diet. Haha.

FWIW…consider a CIMT* test.

*carotid intima-media thickness
No radiation.

FAST CAT/ Ca Score take a very large amount of Astaxanthin, for quenching hydroxyl radical from the radiation.

1 Like

Sorry brother. Rapamycin might slow down future progression, but no not going to reverse calcification.

You are definitively drinking the Rapamycin koolaid :muscle:

3 Likes

To look under the hood, you need to look at the heart directly.

Wishful thinking - so many miraculous benefits. DAMN! Hahaha.