A Friendly Biological Age Reduction Competition?

MAC, thank you for the input on my labs. Very helpful. I just have the liver markers on basic CMP. Do not see a GGT but eGFR is 107 (range: greater than 59). Would GGT be on CMP under another name?

Diet: Stop eating meet of any kind 15 years ago. Stop eating any sugar 5 years ago. Been on Rapamycin for 1.5 years. Fairly low carb diet. Nothing fried. Protein comes from beans and nuts mostly. Eat a lot of whole grains and produce. Very little dairy. When I go to store, cashier thinks I have rabbits at my house given vegetables I buy. I only eat when hungry and don’t eat by the clock. Most eating occurs in 4 hour window in late afternoon early evening. I used to fast a lot (24 to 48 hours water only a few times a month) but don’t have the desire or toughness to do that much over past year. I do have a vice. Drink a lot of Sprite Zero. Used to be an ultramarathoner up until age 50. Longest run was a 50 miler. Ran over 50 marathons. But since 50, lost that desire. Try to get 30 min of brisk walking/jogging most days of the week but not too much more than that. Let me know if you havehave any questions. Thanks for your interest.

2 Likes

Also, my diet is very low in fat due to what I normally eat…eat more carbs than fat but try not to overdo it with carbs in whole grains. Really like whole grain breads and related. I’m 6 foot, 145 lbs so fairly lean.

1 Like

eGFR is 107, amazing level.

GGT is liver enzyme marker

Your previously posted markers, including your phenoage, are consistent with your diet.

Your BMI?

What triggered Rapamycin intervention?

Have you ever done a CT coronary calcium scan of your heart…between your running history and diet and markers, would expect low indication of CVD.

1 Like

MAC,

Thanks for info on GFR and GGT. I will get GGT measured next labs.
BMI is 19.7.

Indeed, I did a CT coronary Calcium Scan of my heart a month or so ago just for benchmark for future. Results said I had a calcium score of 25. So not ideal according to my readings. Thinking of starting 5mg of Crestor to help in this area.

Full report follows. Thoughts?
Doc8.pdf (78.5 KB)

2 Likes

Forgot to add. Started Rapamycin given I wanted to be proactive in terms of longevity instead of waiting for some major malady to happen and doing something about it then.

@AlexKChen Alex - can you post your full lab results sometime for the Levine Phenotypic age calculations. Given your Levine calculations putting you at that of an 11 year old, you’re one of the few other people who are bumping close to this 21 year reduction of biological age compared to chronological age.

Well, you now have a calcium score baseline to track yourself, and most likely reflects your past life. I do note “recurrent chest pain” in the report, have you seen your doc/cardiologist about that?

BMI or 19.7, expected a low value.

I assume you made a radical transformation to your diet due to your reference to 23andme genetic report of “predisposed to very high cholesterol and fatty liver disease”?

Did you have a full lab panel before you made your lifestyle change? Did you in fact have this metabolic profile?

Sounds like you’re implementing several amazing lifestyle interventions, and your pheno age for someone 57 is excellent.

Matt. I had covid in January and had some recurrent chest pain for a month after that but it went away and never had it again. My diet has always been really good (since late 20’s). The 23 and Me report just made me really focus hard on diet.

“Matt should be MAC”

Nothing like a good scare to get humans to change behaviour. I most completely concur. Evolution didn’t reward the strongest, but those best able to adapt.

My dad was a lifelong smoker, said he was addicted, he could NEVER quit. Doc told him he might have prostate cancer, never touched another cigarette for the rest of his (shortened) life. So much for addiction.

1 Like

Smart. Amazing numbers too. The calcium score is the only slight negative I see. Obviously no one wants calcification, but avoiding any upward trend is more important in predicting a cardiac event.

1 Like

@lsutiger You might take some consolence in this study, tracking all cause mortality by coronary calcium and physical activity. I marked in red where I think you’d be regarding risk stratification.

The present study included participants seen from January 13, 1998, through December 30, 2013, with mortality follow-up through December 31, 2014. A total of 21 758 generally healthy men without prevalent cardiovascular disease (CVD) were included if they reported their physical activity level and underwent CAC scanning. The CAC scores were categorized into at least 100 (n = 5314) and less than 100 (n = 16 444) Agatston units (AU). Average age 52.

CONCLUSIONS AND RELEVANCE This study suggests there is evidence that high levels of physical activity (3000 MET-min/wk) are associated with prevalent CAC but are not associated with increased all-cause or CVD mortality after a decade of follow-up, even in the presence of clinically significant CAC levels (> 100 AU)

It is well established that elite/endurance runners actually build coronary calcium, but it’s not associated with elevated CVD risk. And we know that endurance (high VO2max) runners have significantly increased longevity.

Coronary Artery Calcification Among Endurance Athletes “Hearts of Stone”

https://www.ahajournals.org/doi/epub/10.1161/CIRCULATIONAHA.117.028750

3 Likes

MAC, Henry David Thoreau once remarked, “To affect the quality of the day, that is the highest of the arts.” With this quote in mind, thanks for taking the time to share this study with me. This study truly has eased my concern over my calcium score. This made my day. According to Mr. Thoreau, you are thus an artist!

I’m started 5 mg daily of Crestor yesterday to be safe.
MAC, keep sharing your insights on this forum. They are extremely helpful to me and I suppose to others as well.

4 Likes

Actually, I’m an engineer. We’re not well read, but I’ve always wanted to be an artist :wink:

I had to google Mr Thoreau. He was a “transcendentalist” (a core belief is in the inherent goodness of people and nature)

So in the spirit of HDT, I am simply paying it forward, sharing what I’ve learned from others (forums, literature) for the greater good.

This is why humans are SO far up the food chain…we evolved BECAUSE we shared experience and knowledge with one another, iterating, improving, adapting, side-stepping, and immensely growing in our cognitive capability along the way.

4 Likes

We see the world through the same perspective, MAC. Thanks for helping me and others. Here if I can ever assist.

DNAmPhenoAge_gen 6-4-22-Sheet1.pdf (118 KB)

Got it uploaded

1 Like

Sense I started rapa in April I will get another blood test in Sept
and post the results.

1 Like

So - the above spreadsheet calculation is your “before” test, with a 6 year lower biological age vs. chronological age - is that right?

Yes the Life Extension blood test I took the information from was done
in Jan 2022.

1 Like

I found a new shirt that seems perfect for the winner of the Friendly Biological Age Reduction Competition… we may need to adjust the ages slightly, but you get the idea… :grinning:

From here:

4 Likes