4 mg Rapa every 10 days - Seeking Feedback on my Overall Supplement Stack

Helpful dialog – I’m pretty convinced on NAC plus Glycine given the latest research and CoQ10 given the preponderance of scientific support.

Quick update – I ceased the aspirin per the consensus here and reviewing the toxicity/kidney implications – I am learning some worrisome things about ALCAR and Choline which I take as Nootropics . . . promoting TMAO through activity of the microbiome – thinking of ceasing these given I get a lot of L-Carnitine and Choline through my diet . . . other thoughts here?

1 Like

Creatinine is meaningless as measure kidney function if you see not average or if you take creatine. There are much better tests (which I forgot :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:)

2 Likes

Creatinine is not meaningless. It has a number of identified problems, but is a useful starting position.

2 Likes

Creatinine is confounded as I take 5 mg creatine per day . . .

1 Like

I have been taking 5 grams of creatine daily for most of the last 30 years with no detectable ill effects.
Do people recognize the literally billions of people that have taken aspirin with no ill effects?
I have been taking aspirin at least weekly and often daily since I was a child with no adverse effects. When I got my colonoscopy in my seventies the doctor said I had the cleanest colon he had ever seen, with zero polyps. I attribute this to my lifelong aspirin supplementation.
I am not recommending that anyone take aspirin because it may be harmful to a minority of people. I still take 82 mg daily.

3 Likes

I dont like undermining the prostaglandins more generally. I have done a little experimentation with aspirin. It appears to reduce cortisol which can be helpful. There is evidence that its effects last 36 hours on a straight line basis, but i dont want to lose any endogenous melatonin. Also i prefer managing the HPA axis rather than chemically suppressing cortisol.

1 Like

If you are an average skinny fat 40+ it overestimates, if you are active and supplement it underestimates. Cystatin C is much better

2 Likes

THoughtful reasoned approach . . . the most interesting application of biomarkers to actual nutrition in foods I have seen is by Michael Lustgarten PhD - - - you should follow him on YouTube:

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=conquer+aging+or+die+trying

2 Likes

You can buy LDN from agelessrx.com. A doctor will oversee your script.

4 Likes