4 mg Rapa every 10 days - Seeking Feedback on my Overall Supplement Stack

Well taken feedback – what would be the top ones to cut – or alternately your top 10?

I haven’t read any longevity based stuff on beta alanine, only performance based stuff specifically for buffering lactic acid more efficiently. That in turn allows you to do just a bit more, which results in positive gains. I doubt that adds up to more years.

2 Likes

More healthspan though . . .

If I have to scroll, your list is too long.

5 Likes

Thanks – Interesting Heuristic – which would you remove?

Spent 15 years of adding to the list but rarely ceasing supplements . . .

1 Like

Honestly, your stack looks great. I take a lot of the same ones, but you have a lot I have not taken.

I would:

• Drop the aspirin as others have mentioned. I have heard the drawbacks are higher than the rewards.
  • Up your astaxanthin dosage by 1.5X-2X
2 Likes

Super helpful – thank you!!

Was just learning more about the astaxanthin at 8-12 mg – looks promising.

2 Likes

beta-alanine is the limiting precursor to carnosine but beta-alanine is more bio-available that carnosine and leads to higher muscle carnosine.

it works best when you take small amounts throughout the day

1 Like

we are already taking the single most effective longevity drug available now, the only supplements I think are still worth taking are performance enhancing or stuff hard to come by in my diet

4 Likes

Appreciated thanks – I do like the tingle it gives preworkout – feels like its doing something – placebo effect in action :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’d remove a lot, but that’s my opinion, and you’ll get plenty of opinions based on each person’s collected knowledge as the science just isn’t there yet to make many clear choices.

5 Likes

Thank you Karl for the feedback – if you don’t mind, what are the top 5 you would remove and rationale?

1 Like

Where can someone buy LDN? My doctor won’t give me prescription for this.

I agree about high dose Melatonin, because then it can be deliver to mitochondria. How much of Melatonin is enough I don’t know yet? So far everyone agree that are not side effects.

3 Likes

Thanks Mike for the feedback – well taken – already stopped the aspirin – will investigate the Natto!

2 Likes

I have not used them, see link.

LDN - Low Dose Naltrexone

https://get.agelessrx.com/ldn-low-dose-naltrexone/?

180mg per day as per Reiter

I would add zinc{use zinc orotate] and selenium with the melatonin as per Pierpaoli

1 Like

Yap, here is the Shallenberge pdf paper talked about it:

Shop where you can buy bulk Melatonin powder:

1 Like

Frank Shallenberger comments are based on/from Russel J. Reiter work.

See:

Melatonin

Biosynthesis, Physiological Effects, and Clinical Applications

By Hing-Sing Yu, Russel J. Reiter

An Expen$$ive medical book.

An older commentary by Shallenberger was posted on this forum before, attached is another copy of that commentary.

Melatonin-article-Shallenberger.pdf (2.5 MB)

5 Likes

Very important paper:

Melatonin activated the AMPK pathway, which thus upregulated PGC1α, Tfam, Nrf2 and Sirt3. Tfam, Nrf2 and Sirt3 have been reported to increase mitochondrial DNA levels and oxidative phosphorylation-related protein translation

Melatonin improves mitochondrial biogenesis through the AMPK/PGC1α pathway to attenuate ischemia/reperfusion-induced myocardial damage:
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC7202489/

Melatonin’s neuroprotective role in mitochondria and its potential as a biomarker in aging, cognition and psychiatric disorders
https://www.nature.com/articles/s41398-021-01464-x

4 Likes

Thank you Joseph – much appreciated!

1 Like