3 months of Rapamycin, Blood Test Results

Other medication started recently: metformin 500mg 1 month, colchicine 0.5mg 1 week, rosuvastatin 10mg 2 months, Temisartan 60mg (replaced Losartan) 2 months. Is considering LDN 1.5 mg titrating up to 4.5mg. Regular supplements: fish oil, NR, magnesium, and probiotics.

1 Like

Question… what time of day did you do your blood test with the low neutrophils?

I just noticed this paper:

Diurnal variation in white blood cells (WBC), particularly neutrophils, is well-described [1]. WBC levels are lower in the morning and increase through the day [1, 2]. Drugs with immunosuppressive effects, such as sirolimus, may further lower WBC counts. This phenomenon has been observed in clozapine and related atypical antipsychotic medications, drugs with known immunosuppressive effects [3, 4]. For patients receiving these drugs, blood counts measured in the early morning may lead to a false impression of low WBC/neutrophil counts (“pseudoleukopenia/pseudoneutropenia”) [4–8] that may result in discontinuation or a reduction in dose and suboptimal treatment. Of importance, isolated morning neutropenia is not known to increase the risk of infection [6, 9].

2 Likes

@RapAdmin I did my test this morning as it required fasting for my blood sugar test. I did not feel weak nor was sick since on rapa. Thanks for the quick Google and interesting take.

1 Like

If I were taking rapamycin daily like you are, I’d also take more rapamycin dosing breaks, and longer breaks, to minimize risks of mTORC2 inhibition. You’re in “transplant patient” dosing regimen range right now - so it is a higher risk approach to dosing.

2 Likes

Yes after seeing my neutrophils at 1.8 I am definitely taking a break just to be sure. I have been tracking my blood since 2011 so it is an abnormal stats.

2 Likes

Are you noticing any benefits on the psoriasis side of things, from the rapamycin?

1 Like

Before I started on rapamycin, I would have very bad flair-ups a few times a month and I would then use 5mg of prednisone for up to a week to keep it down. Since I started Rapa, I have not had the need to use prednisone and my psoriasis is 80% improved but still hanging around stubbornly. As is my eczema. But overall, much easier to live with the condition than it was before.

5 Likes

@RapAdmin Thanks for the quick assessment yesterday on neutrophils. You are probably right on the “pseudo neutropenia” as I tested it this afternoon around 2 pm (vs. morning 11 am yesterday) and it bounced to 2.5 which is considered a normal range. Interesting stats aren’t they? I did skip rapamycin last night too. Still, something to be mindful of. Very grateful to be on this platform with so many sharp brains :grinning:
![Screenshot 2023-08-31 at 8.25.18 PM|690x377]

4 Likes

One of the things that I just discovered, is that I can move my eyes with incredible speed than it was before, or rotating (lol). Anyone else?

1 Like