3 months of Rapamycin, Blood Test Results

As far as the Levine Phenoage I think that basically correlates with the averages. The paper is available and she does quite good stats in her papers.

I am not at all sure about the aging.ai outputs.

However, both of those are useful tools at looking at biomarkers in aggregate. However, concentrating on specific biomarkers is IMO much more useful.

What I want to do is to collate information about specific biomarkers and generate tools that enable people to work out how they can improve on those values and to what extent they need to. (much that this involves linking to a lot of research rather than necessarily drawing out conclusions).

2 Likes

Agree with you 100%.

That’s Michael Lustgarten’s approach as well.

2 Likes

@John_Hemming

By the way, on the subject of albumin, it seems to me that @Basil_Dev 's albumin is a bit low, perhaps due to low protein intake, assuming that her calorie intake is adequate.

You mentioned that your albumin is in the 3s. I know you said that you’ve been eating less. So for you, is it because of low protein or low calories? Albumin is such an important protein, as it carries so many nutrients. A value in the 3s may mean your cells are not getting adequate nutrients. I would think that it’s best to get albumin to be above 4 at least. What do you think?

I do weekly blood tests and the last one was 40. Prior to that was 39.27, 38.97, 40.45, 41.09, 42.9, 44.3, 40, 38, 40, 41 (etc etc), but 20th May was 48. I am not really worried about these.

I am putting some effort into losing weight at the moment. In many ways I would expect this to involve my cells having some limitation on nutrients. I try to keep carbs low although in a sense I concentrate carbs on alcohol.

I am an omnivore so I don’t think there is a protein issue. However, there must be a calorie issue, but I just need to live with marginally low albumin levels for a while until I stabilise at a lower weight.

1 Like

@John_Hemming What’s your weight/BMI/body fat %, if you don’t mind me asking? And what is your goal weight/BMI/body fat %?

I don’t mind being asked.

I started at BMI of 36.8 130kg and between August 2020 and May 2021 got to BMI 24.05 85kg. I then bumbled around going a bit up and a bit down, but am now 82kg which is 23.2. I want to get down below 80kg (I am 1.88m) mainly because I wish to clear up a hernia which won’t go whilst I have too much visceral fat. I found the hernia after I had lost about 15kg.

I don’t regularly monitor the body composition figures. I have built on my upper body strength that should have some impact, but I am not really tracking this although I have some figures.

I am male aged 62.

5 Likes

That’s great. You’ve made great progress. Did you do it by eating less and exercising more? In terms of eating less, did you cut all 3 macro-nutrients or any specific one? And what type of exercises did you do to facilitate weight loss (if applicable)? Also, did the biomarkers improve from the weight loss?

My lymphocytes have been high without exception since 2018. During that time I have had three different doctors. When I brought it to their attention, all three brushed me off and said basically not to worry about it.

I am thinking that they said that because there are so many things that could cause the increase.

My health has been very good with the exception of a nasty reaction to the Pfizer covid shots.

Currently, I feel good and have no idea what could be the cause of the elevation of my lymphocytes.

2 Likes

Personally I would like to know. If you have had this since 2018 then it isn’t covid.

Exercise was not really relevant. It was about eating less although I think taking large quantities of Melatonin helped as well.

1 Like

I’m curious as to what a 6mg dose for 3 months would show…?

1 Like

At 3 months is when some people reported they start to lose visceral fat… a pound … then more and up to 15 to 20 pounds in a few months. Happened with me.

1 Like

Fantastic! Can’t wait!

1 Like

Feels more like healthy user bias than rapa, but I might be wrong.

1 Like

Perhaps. When I was researching rapamycin before I used it. It was mentioned in a Men’s Health article. See below. This was the article that got me thinking about risk reward… a lot less was written back then. These men’s stories made me want to try it.

I was trying to gain weight and mass. At 196 pounds…I wanted to hit 200 lbs. Once in my life. Never made it.

The rapamycin made it impossible. Taking me to my now set point of 180 lbs.

This Obscure, Potentially Dangerous Drug Could Stop Aging - Is a rapamycin a miracle drug?

Men’s Health article link: The Risky Anti-Aging Pill Men Are Taking Now - Rapamycin

What happens to those like me that dont have/need to lose weight? I want to gain muscle and not necessarily lose fat.

Is there a high anecdote count of this “side effect” of rapa?

Anecdotally I didn’t loose weight at all on Rapa. (I was already lowish in weight when I started Rapa). And from what I remember, in another online group, quite some members commented the same when this question was asked - that they had not lost weight on Rapa.

1 Like

The human studies and anecdotal accounts are that generally people don’t lose weight on rapamycin, but you may lose visceral fat more easily if you are exercising.

2 Likes

Anecdotally … after I lost all the visceral fat… it went on to shred me… everywhere else. I am by nature a tall and thin build. So I am more muscled tone than in my youth… but was muscled thick…solid prior to Rapamycin.

Live short and stocky muscled.

Or longer and shredded. Adapting to shredded look.

After gym last night. Almost 65 years.

3 Likes

@RapAdmin, any docs, and others: Need some guesswork or speculations on my 1st blood work since started on rapa and tacrolimus topical for psoriasis/eczema: All are normal except for a significant drop in Neutrophils to 1.8 from 3.5 in May (see charts). Could this be the effect of my daily dosing of rapamycin (1mg per day for 6 days a week) for my psoriasis (mild case)? Started rapamycin in mid-May. If I stop rapamycin based on my current dose, how long would take for it to be completed out of my system so as not to impact Neutrophils? Not have had any infection or mouth sore during the period. Thanks!

1 Like