24 year old tracking metrics for rapamycin

And something to always keep in mind. :grinning:

Chinese alchemical elixir poisoning - Wikipedia.

2 Likes

I really enjoy scientistā€™s like Kaeberlein and even people like you @RapAdmin and others who are similar in thought process. I think it also makes life a lot easier with the energy of focus, as you can stop worrying about the latest article coming out about the new longevity miracle drug or diet. I still think Rapamycin is the most promising of all the longevity agents in the long term, and I am glad you made this site!

3 Likes

Just wanted to update, I plan on starting rapamycin up again in my dog( 6 year old leonburger/St.Bernard Mix who turns 7 in october) when I get my shipment of rapamycin in the next couple of weeks. I also was thinking of giving my 2 year old cat and my 8 month kitten rapamycin as well. I may start to take rapamycin again myself, but I plan to get bloodwork done soon to see where my metrics are since I have changed my lifestyle approach.

3 Likes

Hey @Guywholikessleep , any update on your rapamycin usage? How is it going? Please let us know - we havenā€™t heard from you in a while.

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of posting, I tend to stay off the forum and glance at it every now and then. I still take rapamycin and biomarkers have been good. Unfortunately, its hard to tell if the rapamycin is doing anything as I was generally healthy outside of high LpA I have(not due to rapa). I focus mostly on just building muscle, some cardio and eating well and just developing a good quality of life. I think rapamycin will help with these aspects down the line, but hard to tell anything quantifiable now.

3 Likes

There are some lab tests with young mice only taking rapamycin for a short amount of time (equivalent to 2 years), and the mice had the same life extension benefit as if they took rapamycin their whole lifetime. So maybe thereā€™s the possibility that using rapamycin a few years may benefit you for the rest of your life.

My 32 year old son is banking on that.

2 Likes

I think this is the study you are referring to (out of Mattā€™s lab): Transient rapamycin treatment can increase lifespan and healthspan in middle-aged mice - PMC

They doses the younger mice for a total of 3 months at very high levels (I think one of the highest dosing Iā€™ve ever seen in lifespan studies, about 126ppm and 364ppm (8mg/kg/day equivalent) compared to the 14ppm to 44ppm in the ITP studies. From what Iā€™ve read we really donā€™t know how that ā€œ3 monthsā€ in a mouse that typically lives 2 to 3 years translates to a period in human termsā€¦ if you take a simple metric that the avg. lifespan in humans is 80, then it would seem that an equivalent time period (of ā€œtransient dosingā€) may be 8 yearsā€¦ but of course we donā€™t know.

2 Likes