23andMe Reports

I keep seeing references to 23andMe reports about your genome. I had signed up for their service many years back and never received such a report. All the reports were generic - like you are not going to go bald or you have superior athletic muscles (really?) What service tells you about your genome? I would be very interested in checking my genomic sequence for different genes. Thanks!

I bought Ancestry a few years ago. Recently they have sent me a couple of reports with personality traits and a very slight revision to my ethnicity percentage breakdown. I haven’t gotten anything that resembles a genomic sequence.

Both of you need to request a download and then upload to a site like promethease but keeping in mind the FDA neutered promethease reports and with 23andme and ancestry you don’t get a full genome anyway

2 Likes

Would appreciate guidance on the best services, both to collect sample and to provide analysis. I used 23&Me and Promethease and learned about two significant (Magnitude 4) risk phenotypes that I have. That was certainly worth the price of admssion! But would welcome more insight into the overall genetics.

1 Like

See this thread also:

I recommend Nebula genomics for analysis.

2 Likes

Did the results lead you to any changes in supplementation or lifestyle, diet, etc.?