17 Alpha Estradiol: Use and Dosing Experiences

It can be of practical reasons, now that I think about it using it everyday seems a bit of a hassle, especially with the topical formula.

@Oliver_Zolman_MD

Can you please share a little more about the 17 alpha estradiol topical cream that Bryan is using and talking about in the video? What dosing (mg/per application) do you target for a weekly dose? Why weekly? Why not daily? Why cream rather than the oral option?

Will you be making this available commercially? (in Europe if not in the USA, as I don’t believe that 17AE is yet approved for even topical use by the FDA, but I may be wrong on this).

6 Likes

An ester could possibly be added to the 17 Alpha Estradiol to make it fat soluble. Also something to look into is if the 17AE will cause a suppression of androgen production if the body senses it the same as 17BA.

2 Likes

Is there a widely available blood test for this?

Yea a basic testosterone test that shows LH levels as well. You would need a before test.

2 Likes

We need to define an ideal “pre-test” and “post-test” protocol and for 17 alpha estradiol, so we can more easily track possible side effects and benefits of this compound… because it hasn’t yet gone through clinical trials in healthy males. If people are using this, or planning to use this compound, please review all the literature here: 17-Alpha Estradiol - Another Top Anti-Aging Drug

And try to develop what we should/might do for pre-testing (blood tests, etc.) and post testing, and post that information here for discussion.

2 Likes

Since 17-AE is a weak estrogen I think there is good reason to think it will act like a SERM in men(Selective Estrogen Receptor Modulator). A SERM stimulates the HPTA axis by docking in the estrogen receptor of the hypothalamus with low/no estrogenic activity and thus stimulates endogenous LH/FSH and testosterone production. If true then blood tests should indicate elevated testosterone and estrogen levels in men with functional HPTAs. Of course if you are on TRT this will not be the case as endogenous test production is muted.

I think this jives well with Dr. Ecsta’s claim of increased acne. I would expect symptoms of elevated androgens like acne and libido.

8 Likes

This makes sense. When they autopsied the mice didn’t they find the ones on 17ae2 had greater muscular and bone density? I think Richard Miller mentioned that in a podcast

1 Like

What proportion of transcutol did you use with Ell-Cranell ? 1:1 ?

I just ordered 300 ml Pantostin from Germany apohealth.de for 45.30 Euro ($48.62 on my Bank of America credit card) and shipping is free to USA.

I plan to mix with 25% transcutol (like Boldi suggested) (500ml Diethylene Glycol monoethyl Ether available from Eastchem on Amazon.com for $76) and apply 1ml Pantostin (0.25mg 17alpha-Estradiol) per day on my forearm.

Update : Lotioncrafter.com has Ethoxydiglycol 1 lb for $30.25, including shipping + tax and includes a certificate of analysis (claims to be 99.5% pure, vs 99% for the Eastchem version on amazon.com)

9 Likes

Please do some pre and post blood testing and let us know how your experiment goes.

4 Likes

I plan to do LEF CBC ($35) + CRP ($42) + Basic Male Hormones ($75 Estradiol + Free/Total Testosterone + PSA) + DHT ($50), figuring that 17alpha-Estradiol’s effect as a DHT blocker (like Finesteride and Duasteride) may need to be monitored.

Anything else ?

2 Likes

Maybe albumin, SHBG, LH, and FSH. You could consider IGF

2 Likes

Great suggestions :

I will add LH+FSH ($55 from LEF) for the baseline tests (and 1 month and 3 month follow up) after getting the Pantostin from Germany.

I already plan to do IGF1 + sirolimus to monitor my Rapamycin dosing. I get SHBG twice a year, so will defer that till my next test in April since that is unlikely to change rapidly.

2 Likes

17 alpha estradiol binds to ER alpha receptors and I’m concerned of activation of autoimmune- of personal risks I have lupus. I currently have 17 alpha estradiol on-hand, but very concerned of using it.

3 Likes

Yes - that seems to be the case. You probably want to discuss these with a doctor who can help you work through all this science and figure out what is best for you given your situation…

Herein, we show that 17α-estradiol elicits similar genomic binding and transcriptional activation through estrogen receptor α (ERα) to that of 17β-estradiol. In addition, we show that the ablation of ERα completely attenuates the beneficial metabolic effects of 17α-E2 in male mice. Our findings suggest that 17α-E2 may act through the liver and hypothalamus to improve metabolic parameters in male mice. Lastly, we also determined that 17α-E2 improves metabolic parameters in male rats, thereby proving that the beneficial effects of 17α-E2 are not limited to mice. Collectively, these studies suggest ERα may be a drug target for mitigating chronic diseases in male mammals.

3 Likes

My background is microbiology so I have an understanding of mechanisms of each anti-aging compound, but generally on a large scale 17 alpha estradiol may be risky for average people as well because of the unspecific autoimmune attacks that increase with aging. The problem with these compounds is we’re looking at crude measurements.

There’s a ton of evidence, but it shows that ER alpha binding affinity is the primary reason for female specific autoimmune risk.

3 Likes

Can you please post more detail on what the risk specifically is, as you understand it. I’m not familiar with this literature at all. Help us understand this risk as you see it, and any pointers to the literature greatly appreciated. By binding to the estrogen receptor (ERα), it increases risk of auto immune disorders (in both males and females?)

I look at this, and while it seems relevant to Lupus patients, Estrogen Receptor Alpha Signaling Is Responsible for the Female Sex Bias in the Loss of Tolerance and Immune Cell Activation Induced by the Lupus Susceptibility Locus Sle1b - PMC

I’m not clear why its relevant to the broader population of males considering 17 alpha estradiol.

4 Likes

Can you share where you got this test information? Is this a 23&Me thing?

3 Likes

This study used 3 min sublingual in 50% ethanol and got good results;

2 Likes