17-Alpha Estradiol - Another Top Anti-Aging Drug

First, they asked, “Please provide more information on the company or academic institution that you are affiliated with and what research the item of interest would be used for.”

I work through a corporate structure, so sent them my corporation info and the study info: “Neuroprotective (Aβ-decreasing, anti-inflammatory, and pro-cognitive) properties of 17α-estradiol in male vs female mice.”

That almost worked, but they said my corporate address was residential and they wanted proof of a business lease. I sent them Corporations Canada info on my business address, etc. At that point they backed out, saying, “After further discussion with my management, they have informed me that we would be able to provide our material due to your unverifiable affiliation with an accredited scientific research institution or business.”

Frustrating.

3 Likes

Yes - I suspect that the best / easiest option for us is to look through our linkedin.com network for friends who are working in chem / bio labs at academic institutes / colleges / schools or small companies that do similar types of work and who already have the ability to purchase these types of chemicals.

1 Like

I keep up with Dr. Standfield and he reviews the actual studies in some detail.

2 Likes

Hi, LeeJohn. have you received 17 alpha estradiol?
I plan to take alpha estradiol, too.
is it good? i want to know it is fake or not.
and if you let me know seller’s name i will be very thank you.

1 Like

I bought 17 alpha estradiol from 首页-上海麦克林试剂-淘宝网
It is the Macklin official store on taoboa (taoboa is a website like amazon)

I haven’t tested the compound, but Macklin and Aladdin are 2 very popular chemical compound brands used in Chinese lab

You need to message him what you need, like this:

英文名 17α-estradiol
CAS号 57-91-0

And the price he gave me is 1935*0.75=1451RMB (227 USD), for 1g 98%purity 17alpha estradiol

I don’t know if they sell aboard, here is Macklin english official page, maybe you can ask them if they sell aboard http://www.macklin.cn/

4 Likes

Thank you for your kindly reply!
I will ask them if they sell abroad!
Thank you!

3 Likes

Another person trying out 17 alpha estradiol…

1 Like

I’ve just bought 17-alpha estradiol from Chinese reseller

Would you have any updates on your 17-alpha estradiol, lab tests to establish purity, etc.? While I’m wary of Chinese compounds, I’ve hit a dead end with every other potential source and am considering following your lead. Thanks!!

1 Like

Last month, I took 60mg of 17-alpha estradiol, 20 mins later I had serious stomach cramps, one week later I had a gastroscopy , then an acute gastritis was diagnosed.

I don’t know if the gastritis is induced by 17-alpha estradiol (or the impurities in the compound), but I discontinue this product just in case.

I think it’s not safe enough to use pure chemical compound from China.
I am looking for a more reliable and cheaper source of 17-alpha estradiol.

7 Likes

Thank you for the update, Lee! That’s good to know.

1 Like
2 Likes

Haha, I understand…but I seem to have a sad shortage of friends who run chemistry and biology labs.

2 Likes

It seems likely that this was something specific to the product you purchased from China… given that no side effects at all have been reported in the clinical studies cited at the top of this page, in any clinical studies of 17 alpha estradiol in the past.

Seems likely to have been impurities in the product…

In the future - It think it would also be perhaps better to start with a lower dose - something similar to the dosing level that women currently use for 17 beta estradiol in terms of the common hormone therapy that is widely practiced in women near/after menopause - which I think is 50mcg (50 micrograms) per day, and slowly increase over a few months…

There have been no longer term studies of 17 alpha estradiol at the higher levels, so thats entirely new territory as far as human trials go. I think its best to be conservative when starting a new molecule…

2 Likes

More good news on 17-alpha estradiol:

Using 10-month-old APOE3 or APOE4 targeted replacement male mice maintained on normal chow with and without 14.4 ppm 17aE2 for 20 weeks, our initial results indicate genotype differences in the efficacy of 17αE2 across multiple outcomes.

APOE4 mice exhibited an aged phenotype compared to APOE3, with APOE4 mice having a higher frailty index; however, 17αE2 treatment reduced the frailty index most strongly in APOE4 mice. APOE4 mice were impaired across multiple metabolic measures including body weight, plasma leptin, and hepatic steatosis. 17αE2 significantly attenuated the APOE4 metabolic phenotype. These data confirm and extend prior findings that APOE4 is linked to progeroid effects both peripheral and neural outcomes associated with AD risk. Importantly, 17αE2 significantly improved a range of measures, but showed the strongest effects in the APOE4 genotype.

7 Likes

Great.

Is there a full paper?

Apoe4 is the #1 risk (not causative) gene for AD.

Improvement in frailty is nice, but sadly where is the cognitive data for these mice? They would have only pursued this work in apoe4 mice for AD implications.

This is the problem with ITP…it’s purely a mouse and cancer model, but we humans die of multiple other causes.

3 Likes

Its not a paper - it was a poster presented at last summer’s American Aging Association meeting - here is a photo I found online of the poster:

5 Likes

And a related summary. To get more detail, someone could probably contact the USC authors… please post here if you do.

Alzheimer s Dementia - 2022 - Qian - 17alpha‐estradiol improves systemic and neural outcomes in middle‐aged APOE4 mice.pdf (76.1 KB)

5 Likes

Thank you, will followup. Estrogen (loss of) is highly implicated in AD risk for post menopausal apoe4 women.

4 Likes

Perhaps we need to be making skin cream with rapamycin and 17-alpha estradiol?

A patent application that looks to be from Johnson and Johnson’s China office.

Patent Application: Use of 17-‘alpha’-estradiol for treatment of aged or sundamaged skin and./or skin atrophy

Abstract

The present invention relates to a method for treatment of mammalian skin conditions where stimulated connective tissue synthesis is beneficial, comprising treating skin in need of such treatment with a safe and effective amount of 17-alpha-estradiol.

Description: The 17-alpha-estradiol is in the application on aging or sun damage skin and/or the atrophoderma

skin responds to some estrogen that comprise 17-.Fibroblast in the estrogen chafe, the level of increase connective tissue matrix molecule.When whole body or local approach give estrogen, the synthetic increase of non-protein moleculars such as collagen, elastin laminin and hyaluronic acid.As a result, skin keeps or increase thickness and integrity.These skin appearances are better, and that can resist environment on function stress.When making Local treatment with 17-, the Local treatment of women’s skin of estrogen deficiency also shows the increase of the disappearance of wrinkle, water content and the improvement of skin elasticity.In addition, when injured, can to expect under the estrogenic situation that skin healing gets faster having, because fibroblast is in state of activation.

5 Likes

Well, it sounds interesting. My reading of the patent information gives me the impression that research for this may have started in the late 1990s. If so, I wonder why it hasn’t come to fruition yet?

3 Likes