10 Longevity Leaders Who Take Rapamycin

The goal is to create some kind of infographic for that purpose but also for the patient. It’s about to help out both the psysican and the patient to together start a better conversation about rapamycin and longevity.

Here is a rough sketch in A4 size. All feedback is welcome :pray:

By the way, the Stem talk episode with Matt Kaeberlein you recommended is really good. I have started to listen to it. Thanks for the recommendation!

3 Likes

Is there an age related dosage difference? Should there be?

2 Likes

Today we don’t know if there is or what the optimal dose regime is to prolong lifespan and healthspan. So today it’s all about qualified quesses. But I would say in general that the risk/benefit calculation usually can differs between young and old people. For example if you are young then you can wait little bit longer on results from science studies than a older person. But very good question, Sarah! I would reccomend to create a new discussion thread here on the forum because then you will get more answers to your interesting question :pray:

Curious question, how old are you and what dose regime are you on currently?

1 Like

3mg/wk. 58years old.

That dose regime is aligned with what Tammi Kaeberlein is taking. It’s little bit lower than the average dose that females take if you look at the image with average doses. Nothing wrong with that because as I mentioned we don’t know what the optimal dose is. But is 3mg/wk your “goal” dose regime or have you recently started and are easing up the dose? Any side effects?

1 Like

Thanks for posting on this. In June I upped my weekly rapa dose from 6mg to 10-12mg. In September my blood work showed I was very anemic, but I associate that with monthly 4-5 fasting-mimicking diet periods of 4-5 days that I had started earlier in the year. Now that I hear your story it makes more sense that my anemia was a direct result in the increase in rapa. About the same general time I was diagnosed with anemia, I also had developed some rashes, lost my two pinky toe nails, and developed a sore in my nose that won’t heal. I HAD associated those with the increased dose of rapa, so I’ve paused since early September. The anemia has resolved with the help of an iron supplement, but still working on the rash and the sore in my nose. I’ll probably wait until Jan to restart at 6mg weekly.

1 Like

Did you jump from 6mg to 10-12 mg directly or did you ease up the dose to that level? Because it’s a quite big jump to go from 6 to 10-12 directly. It’s like going to the gym and increase the weights a lot. If it was me I would take it in slow steps up to avoid side effects. Curious question, how old are you and what weight do you have currently? The reason I’m asking is because these can also be parameters when deciding the dose regime.

He also use to do a Rapa washout for a couple of weeks, recently he said he just takes Rapa without a washout periods.

1 Like

Yes, Peter Attia is nowadays taking rapamycin without washout periods.

1 Like