10 Longevity Leaders Who Take Rapamycin

In this video one year ago he talks about taking it bi-weekly inspired by Blagosklonny

In the “UW Rapamycin Study AMA” in April this year with Matt Kaeberlein Alan mentioned that he was on high bi-weekly dose regime for couple of weeks because he wanted to not take the senolytics the same time. But it was too high dose for him and probably also for other people. He got side effects and said it was not a pleasent dose regime for him. And he continues to say that he now is taking 12mg once a week. If you find any newer info in the topic let me know :pray:

Regarding Blagosklonny’s dosing I have heard from someone on facebook this also and they thought it was because he wanted to treat some kind of health issue he had :heart: If you find anything more here please let me know.

1 Like

You need to get your whole genome sequenced

Thank you for this. I stand corrected. This is almost certainly the latest video from Dr. Green. He is being interviewed by someone from China who has very little visibility on YouTube but apparently an audience in China. I don’t know if he updates his current dosage, however.

2 Likes

Could we take higher dose of rapamycin if we can reactivate the mtor pathways at first sign of sickness with mtor activators ?

1 Like

Yes, but without an easy way to measure mtor or autophagy you would just have to make guesses on timing, etc.

1 Like

Thanks for the recommendation of the youtube clip. I listen to this a while ago but I relistened to it again. In the end he says something like that he has experimented with different dosing and that weekly dosing is probably the one that suits most people. Sad that he doesn’t mention his current dose in it. If you find any updates on his dose regime or on someone else regime please let me know :pray:

1 Like

Very interesting question but as RapAdmin says it is probably hard thing to do accomplish with todays technology. Even if we could increase the dose this way we don’t know if that will be beneficial for longevity. More of something good does seldom lead to good thing. The thing is to find the right dose which lies between too little and too much.

I have done that type of test on 23andme.com what should I look for in the genome to see if I’m a slow or fast metaboliser of rapamycin?

cyp3a5 (five) mutations

There was lot of data on cyp3a5. Can you @Arhu guide me what metabolism that I have. Here is my data:

cyp3a5.pdf (453.1 KB)

I asked Blagosklonny about his dose regime and this was his answer

2 Likes

Yes - dosing for almost everyone is probably something that is changing on an ongoing basis - so perhaps best to just say “subject to change”, for all of the above people taking rapamycin.

1 Like

I am so happy that you are contacted these people before publicizing their names. My worry was that you were outing them by making this quite easy to digest and presumably for use somewhere.

He did say his new dose in a somewhat public forum but the link was not shared widely. I believe that you had to complete the University of Washington survey to receive the link. It was a good video though. I’ve watched it several times.

1 Like

Good suggestion! What do you think about having the footer with the following text

1 Like

Sure - that seems fine. And the exact English language is “dosing details subject to change”.

1 Like

Given what people have been discussing about the bioavailability of Sirolimus being dispensed by compounding pharmacies in either tablet or capsule form (some of which are reputed to be less stable in their passage through the acidic stomach), it’d be interesting to know whether people who’re doing blood testing and using compounding pharmacies have had to adjust their dosage to achieve the desired levels in the blood.

3 Likes

Very interesting parameter to take into account :pray: It would also be interesting to know what brand the person is using.

1 Like

Every MD will take rapamune because why bother with Indian imports when you can just self prescribe

3 Likes

Probably true. But I imagine there are quite a few who, like me, are only able to get these kinds of prescriptions from someone like an HRT MD, who can only prescribe via compounding pharmacy for off-label uses.

1 Like

Unfortunately most of these names will not mean much to medical doctors, but I wish you could publish this list as widely as possible to reach physicians. They didn’t learn any of this in medical school and it will be a challenge to change the views of most doctors.

2 Likes