Your Rapamycin / Metformin / Supplement Stack?

Great information - thanks for posting. Why the Selegiline? I have never heard of its use in anti aging.

Did you get insurance coverage for the sirolimus for a while? I think for most of us, that would be really hard - but I have heard some people have gotten it (without an organ transplant).

What brands of lutein + zeaxanthin and spermidine do you use?

Insurance covered rapamycin for me without any prior authorization. Was pretty shocked.

A little concerned about future insurance coverage now reading the comment above…

1 Like

Trunature brand for the lutein:

https://www.costco.com/trunature-vision-complex-lutein-%26-zeaxanthin%2C-140-softgels.product.100003048.html

and an unusual situation for the spermidine - purchased via a friend in Europe:

Drug/supp Dose 12/3/21
rapamycin 15mg/ 2weeks
metformin 750 mg/d
tadafil 2.5 mg/d
d3 7,500 IU /d
c 500 mg/d
b-complex
Ubiquinol 200 mg x 2/d
k2 1500mcg/day
k1 2000 mcg/day
zinc 20 mg/d
copper 2 mg/d
Lithium 5 mg/d
dhea 25 mg/d
4 herb curcumin/ashwaganda/Boswellia/ginger
selenium 200 mcg eod
wheat germ(spermidine)1.1 g 2/d
pycnogenol 100 mg/d
fucoidan 88 mg/d
serrapeptase 10mg/d
andrographis 600mg/d
galantamine 8mg/d
magnesium 150 mg/d
CaAKG 1.5 gm 2/d
l-carnosine 500mg/d
NAC 2.4 gm 2/d
Glycine 1 gm 2/d
d-riibose 5 gm 2/d
melatonin 120 mg/day
Berberine
Fiseten 25 mg/d
Dasatinab + quescetin 100 mg/1500 mg every two months
Fish oil 3 gms/d
black cumin seed oil 1 tsp/d
polypodium
royal jelly
L-ornithine 500mg/d
phosphatidyl serine
other
sauna 40 min 3/week
red light 5 min/day
ewot 15 min EOD
low carb 50-100 gn carb/d
daily walk 4-6 m/d
mountain bikig 2/week

9 Likes

Blagosklonny’s stack:

1 Like

I dumped my Spermidine supplement (very $$), and started eating Natto and a piece of 10 yr old cheddar daily. I figure I’m getting at least 50-100mg/day of Spermidine, at very low cost, In addition, I am getting the entire spectrum of SUPER nutrients in both these foods, too many to document.

4 Likes

I am very much anti-iron…it’s an oxidant, and impacts many pathways negatively (cardio, neurodegenerative), and more recent research implicates it as anti-longevity.

I am homozygous H63D, so predisposed to mild hemochromatosis. My first Ferritin level was 340.

Classic iron deficiency/anemia criteria:

Iron Deficiency: serum ferritin less than 12 µgr/dl and transferin saturation percentage less than 15.

Iron deficiency anemia: serum ferritin less than 12 µgr/dl, transferin saturation percentage less than 15, and Hb less than 14 mg/dl.

I do phlebotomy every 8 weeks, have my Ferritin in the 15-20 range, and all other markers (CBC, hematocrit, hemoglobin) are above mins. My goal is to skirt just above anemia, and track my iron markers like a hawk regularly. You don’t need anymore iron than required for normal metabolic functions. I feel no ill effects, and I am a high daily exerciser, cardio and resistance, run half marathons. Ferritin is really a poor indicator of cellular iron stores…just a rough guide. You really need to do a full iron panel, including saturation to know where you are at re iron dynamics.

3 Likes

RapAdmin, you wrote in your stack you take Mg of Lithium Orotate daily. how does this help you? What is research? You ever take more daily? Thanks.

Yes - I take 5mg I think. Here is why:

and more new news on Lithium:

1 Like

Thanks for the input. Any brand you recommend? Why just take 5mcg and not more?

Don’t have the studies in front of me - but not much is needed, and higher doses risk toxicity. So - this seems to me to be a reasonable balance in terms of dosing risk/reward. Your mileage may vary ;-).

I purchased this - but any of the better brands are probably fine:

1 Like

Thank you RapAdmin for your reply.

2 Likes
1 Like

Serum ferritin is an important inflammatory disease marker, as it is mainly a leakage product from damaged cells. So lower ferritin is better.

Serum ferritin is an important inflammatory disease marker, as it is mainly a leakage product from damaged cells

Indeed. I track my hsCRP, and it’s consistently 0.2-0.3, extremely low. I plan on checking IL-6 and TN-Alpha next blood panel, additional key inflammatory markers.

“Inflammaging” is a leading longevity theory. Many long lived mammal species (naked mole rat, bats) have unique anti-inflammatory biology.

I’ve implemented many interventions that are anti-inflammatory, besides iron dumping, so hard to say exactly which have the greatest impact, but as a collective, they are performing well.

Immunology of Aging: the Birth of Inflammaging

1 Like

Do you have any sources to back this up? Thanks

“Serum ferritin is an important inflammatory disease marker, as it is mainly a leakage product from damaged cells”

Sounds like an opinion piece from the abstract. Wish I had access to the full paper.