Your Current Stack and Why, Sept 2023

No I don’t take them with fat. I always use the following two products, designed for improved absorption. .

Quercetin Phytosome & Reviews | Thorne

Super Bio Curcumin Turmeric Extract, 400 mg, 60 capsules - Life Extension

I get the effect from several different green tea products but this is a safe bet for me.

Lightly Caffeinated Mega Green Tea Extract, 100 vegetarian capsules - Life Extension

2 Likes

How long have you been on rapamycin? what are the net results?

Yes, I am not currently taking Lipitor. I am taking Pantethine and Ezetimibe. My latest blood markers were not as good as they were with a statin. It may be a one-time thing. If I don’t like my next blood test, I will probably go back to using a statin.

“PDE5 inhibitors such as Sildenafil and Tadalafil, which are widely used for erectile dysfunction, are also effective against benign prostatic hyperplasia (BPH) and pulmonary arterial hypertension in humans and suppress inflammation-driven colorectal cancer in mice [170]. Aging is the sum of all these age-related diseases” From Dr. Blogosklonny’s seminal paper.
Rapamycin for longevity: opinion article - PMC

“PDE5 inhibitors are also vasodilators in the systemic circulation. They can reduce pulmonary artery blood pressure and improve functional capacity.”

It’s just a personal preference that I use Sildenafil rather than Tadalafil because it has a shorter half-life and it gives me a way to “tweak” my blood pressure to within the bounds I prefer; 110-115 mm Hg s80 mm Hg systolic and 60 -70 80 mm Hg diastolic.
Also, Tadalafil for some reason gives me a stuffy nose.

They may also have some other beneficial effects. They are dirt cheap from India

PDE5 inhibitors as therapeutics for heart disease, diabetes and cancer.

https://www.sciencedirect.com/science/article/abs/pii/S0163725814001892

Sildenafil Vs. Tadalafil for The Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Single-arm Self-controlled Clinical Trial

Sildenafil Vs. Tadalafil for The Treatment of Benign Prostatic Hyperplasia: A Single-arm Self-controlled Clinical Trial - PubMed.

3 Likes

Here’s my current stack:

Saturday morning:
GFJ + 500 mg Metformin taken 1-4 hours before Rapa to inhibit CPY enzyme
3 mg Rapamycin + GFJ + EVOO

Daily Coffees:
1 hour after waking
2 Cups of coffee (in 1 mug) + 12 g Collagen + 4-5 g Glycine + 1 g TMG

4 hours after 1st mug (to avoid conflicting with Glycine from 1st mug)
2 Cups of coffee + 6 g Taurine + 2 g Magnesium Citrate

Mon - Wed - Friday
EVOO shot (with the following mixed in for absorption)
crushed black pepper
tumeric
Apigenin
1 g NMN powder
500 mg Resveratrol powder
Quercetin + Bromelain (in capsule as too foul tasting)

Tuesday, Thursday, Saturday, Sunday
EVOO shot (with the following mixed in for absorption)
crushed black pepper
tumeric
Apigenin
1 g NMN powder

Before Meals (most)
100 mg Acarbose

Daily Pills & Capsules (Morning)
5000 IU Vitamin D3
600 mg NAC + Selenium + Molybdenum (NOW brand capsule)
1 g 500 EPA/250 DHA Ultra Omega-3 (NOW)
1 g NAC (NOW)
10 mg Astaxanthin (NOW)
1 mg Lithium Orotate (Life Extension)
500 mcg B12 (Life Extension)
Lutein & Zeaxanthin (NOW)

Daily Pills & Capsules (Evening)
500 mg Metformin
1 mg Finesteride
5000 IU Vitamin D3
1 g 500 EPA/250 DHA Ultra Omega-3 (NOW)
1 g NAC (NOW)
100 mcg MK-7 K2 (NOW)
100 mg Hyaluronic Acid (NOW)
4-5 g Glycine (in chamomile or fruit tea - cold)
1.5 g Glucosamine Chondroitin + MSM (Arazo)

3 mg Melatonin (Friday & Saturday before bed)

6 Likes

8 months on rapamycin.

I have less shoulder pain in an old injury in my acromioclavicular joint. And a resolved adductor tendinitis.

I see the correlation, but I am not sure that these effects are an effect of rapamycin.

4 Likes

rapamycin is anti-inflammatory and could potentially be a replacement agent for prednisone which is highly effective but much hated for its side effect.
Rapamycin for retroperitoneal fibrosis: potentially to replace long-term monotherapy of steroid hormones of prednisone, which can cause significant side effects.https://ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC10176363/… Sirolimus at 2 mg/day for the first 3 days and around 1 mg/day thereafter, with plasma drug… Show more

3 Likes

bloating is likely from wheat gem?

1 Like

@Jonas Actually I had no noticeable effects good or bad from wheat germ. I loved the taste. @Bicep ruined the WG party by pointing out the anti nutrients in wheat….which are only inactivated by cooking. Wheat germ is raw.

5 Likes

Decided to increase my daily Taurine from 6g to 8g, but I just can’t do more pills . . . that would be 8 big pils in addition to everything else, lol. So I bought a container of powdered taurine and am just going add 8g to my morning protein/creatine drink.

3 Likes

@desertshores, thank you for mentioning L-serine! I used 3 grams last night (I was out of time released melatonin) and expected to possibly have a poor nights sleep but instead I slept over 7 hours uninterrupted and got a 91 sleep score which is pretty good for me. Sleep has been my Achilles heel since doing shift work off and on for 20 years so I’m thrilled when I find something that works for me.

5 Likes

what brand? How does it taste? I put creatine in my coffee, it’s always “sandy” :upside_down_face:

Take creatine like this:

1 Like

Immune markers are measurable- have a look, monitor while taking prescription drugs- namely rapamycin, Jardiance, acarbose, simvastatin and ezetimibe. It’s most probable that rapamycin is dampening your immune system, rather than any other medications you’re on.

2 Likes

Thanks. I will have my doctor prescribe a test for my immunoglobulins (?), when I see them in two weeks

It would be easier for me to check off a req. to provide that information, otherwise you can search something along lines of "labs required to monitor ______ (rapa, Jardiance, eze, etc.) You should absolutely be monitoring risks.

I’m sorry, it would take a lot of time to write each lab out, but off the top of my head I would be remiss too not mention anemia tests, immunoglobulins, platelets, neutrophils, CBC, serum ketones, potassium, sodium, liver function, kidney function, fasting insulin/ glucose, H1C.

Independently monitor basic parameters blood pressure, heart rate, blood glucose. Blood glucose- is affordable with finger-prick testing.

KarlT, I thought I saw a question from you in this thread related to pantethine. Here is more information in case you wanted it.

An 11% decrease in LDL-C from baseline was seen in participants on pantethine, at weeks 4, 8, 12, and 16, while participants on placebo showed a 3% increase at week 16. This decrease was significant between groups at weeks 8 (P=0.027) and 16 (P=0.010).Feb 27, 2014”

Pantethine, a derivative of vitamin B5, favorably alters total, LDL and non-HDL cholesterol in low to moderate cardiovascular risk subjects eligible for statin therapy: a triple-blinded placebo and diet-controlled investigation - PMC.

5 Likes

Interesting, thanks. I am currently doing my own n of 1 study of Pantethine.

4 Likes

@KarlT Let us know how.it.goes.

1 Like

From the study:

Summary

The data presented here suggest that the consumption of complex mixtures of dietary supplements do not provide the same lifespan and health benefits as their whole food sources. Extracted or isolated botanical components or chemicals with antioxidant or anti-inflammatory properties did not increase the longevity of the mice in this study.

Fish is better than fish oil. Many studies bear that out.
Probiotic food (yogurt, kefir, sauerkraut), better than probiotic pills.
etc.

3 Likes

I agree that usually it’s better to go to the source rather than rely on a supplement. However in the specific case of Pantethine, it does not appear to occur naturally in foods in any significant amount.
https://www.wnyurology.com/content.aspx?chunkiid=21832

3 Likes