XPrize Healthspan & Longevity Launched: $101 MILLION — for 10-20 years age reversal!

People can sign up for the launch online - it’s on Nov 29

XPRIZE will launch the largest competition in history – a race to develop innovations that will make a worldwide impact

2 Likes

The page shows the leadership.

First time I’ve heard of a “Chief People Officer”. How do they address her? Chief Peeps?

2 Likes

It’s live:

The winning team of the $101M XPRIZE Healthspan must demonstrate that their therapeutic treatment restores muscle, cognitive, and immune function by a minimum of 10 years, with a goal of 20 years, in persons aged 65-80 years. The therapeutic treatment must take 1 year or less.

https://www.xprize.org/prizes/healthspan/guidelines

1 Like

Short summary video here:

Eric Verdin talking about the launch of the X-Prize at the Saudi Healthspan Conference

1 Like

Coverage by Science - cannot get more big and mainstream than that in many ways:

https://www.science.org/content/article/xprize-aging-will-award-101-million-therapies-restore-vigor-elderly

And a a ton of media (examples below), might be big for getting more people interested in this field and the potential overall

2 Likes

I just realized, what would be the hard endpoint of an anti-aging drug? Meaning how would you detect whether it is working? All cause mortality is practically impossible?

If the JUPITER trial showed a 20% reduction in all cause mortality over a median of 1.9 years with rosuvastatin, I don’t see why you couldn’t test an anti-aging drug in a short-running clinical trial in high risk populations.

It did so by targeting cardiovascular disease, the anti-aging drug would need to work by reducing some disease.

Podcasts / interviews with X-Prize guy:

2 Likes

Too funny…

2 Likes

They are targeting muscle (great mobility as we age), cognition (enjoy conversations) and immunity (infectious disease, cancer). Walking, doing, thinking. All three has to be better.

Muscle and cognition is easy to measure. I would guess immunity is so as well?
Anyway, I understand now how an anti-aging drug will be proven to work.

Hevolution Foundation by the Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman

https://hevolution.com/

https://english.alarabiya.net/News/saudi-arabia/2023/11/29/Saudi-s-billion-dollar-Hevolution-Global-fight-against-aging-at-inaugural-summit

If the anti-aging drug strongly reduced rates of alzheimers, cancer and diabetes we would expect to see a significant all-cause mortality benefit.

1 Like

This competition is making me think anti-aging is possible, we might have to think about where everyone will live if we have infinite lifespans :rofl:

Inspiring me to follow in Michael Lustgarten’s / Bryan Johnson’s footsteps…

Also George Church is everywhere, truly a renaissance man.

Jeff Bezos live in space plan + Zuck’s metaverse might be the best plan. Earth has finite capacity.

1 Like

Will not be a problem. Have you been to Wal Mart lately? Look around. How many people that you see in the real world will live to 70? Most don’t even have a doctor. If they go, they get bad advice.

Much easier to kill people than to keep them alive. Our population will level off, probably go down from where we are. Some lives will get longer, others won’t.

I don’t actually understand it. It must be written down very explicitly somewhere. I can see somebody like Dr. Sinclair “proving” he added 10 years, taking the money and they put a crown on his head. Later we find out it didn’t actually work and he won’t admit it. Continues to gloat about the crown.

If people will be able to live forever, which isn’t unlikely, then resources and space on Earth will become a problem, hence the need to build in space as well, and in virtual realities. Bezos and Zuck is perfectly positioned for this with their companies.

It’s not that difficult, if a therapeutic with 1 year treatment reverses cognitive decline, immune function and muscle mass by 10 years in humans they win the price, it must be a clinical trial. You can’t really cheat it since it is unlikely it won’t work if it is proven with this design.

Where to keep all the people?

Iowa. It’s the only place where you can watch your dog run away for a week. Nothing but large tracts of empty farmland. Then turn the oceans into farms. I’d eat seaweed.

2 Likes

Does an infinite amount of people fit in Iowa?

For a while. :slight_smile: . There’s also Wyoming.