World Supercentenarian Ranking List

WORLD SUPERCENTENARIAN RANKINGS LIST

The GRG World Supercentenarian Rankings List is available below.

By definition, a supercentenarian is anyone who has been validated to have lived to be 110 years or older.

https://www.grg-supercentenarians.org/world-supercentenarian-rankings-list/

4 Likes

Almost ALL are women!

2 Likes

Yes, not a single guy in the top 45 oldest people in the world, and only 7 out of the oldest 90 people are male. Guys… we can do better!

6 Likes

And learn from women

1 Like

17 Alpha Estradiol is a candidate to further explore when it comes to increasing male lifspan. This list makes even more interesting.

3 Likes

So sad, out of 8 billion people Super centenarians fill 1 single page, we need to do better.

6 Likes

Yes, was thinking the same

And that this also triangulates toward that high testosterone might be good for short term healthspan but perhaps not healthy lifespan/longevity.

2 Likes

That’s a really interesting point. The thing we see with vascular disease and men, is that whatever the cause, men have their vascular events a decade earlier - then when women go through menopause we see the women start to do exactly the same as the men.
So what I ponder on this - is that whatever changes make men die earlier might have already happened to all the men by the time they are 40, and testosterone henceforth might not be the active negative ingredient.
I don’t know the answer to this, but just an observation to consider.

4 Likes

I guess “validated” is an important word here as there are none from the most populous countries and none from entire continents. I’ve asked ChatGPT for the likely “unvalidated” number of supercentenarians (3-5 times higher) and Bard/Gemini (10 times higher)
Also, even when “validated” there can be “discussion” as in the case of the no longer alive outlier “jeanne calment” (Only human ever above 120)

The problem is with verification. There may be more people that live to 120 yrs old than we realize.

“Swami Sivananda was born on August 8, 1896, shows his passport. If the information is correct and not a clerical error, the sprightly monk from Varanasi is 120 years old, which makes him the oldest man to have ever lived.”

Sunday, Apr 28, 2024

1 Like

Perhaps, but the list is long for false centenarian claims…

If Jeanne Calment Were 122, That Is All the More Reason for Biosampling

https://www.liebertpub.com/doi/full/10.1089/rej.2020.2303

But it’s impossible to get unless you work in a lab.

of course :slight_smile: we shall smash all the barriers!

2 Likes

Given the increasing importance of the genetic component with increasing age, obtaining the complete DNA sequence of all supercentenarians would be immensely valuable. While I acknowledge the ethical considerations and concerns regarding family privacy in sample acquisition, I believe the scientific significance of such data outweighs these challenges.

In the case of Jeanne Calment I have the impression that the “refusal” is partly motivated by the desire of some to expose ID-switching fraud.

1 Like

We’ve got a better chance of hitting the billion dollar Lotto than getting on that list! :joy:

Don’t underestimate the power of Rapamycin. It makes getting to 120 as easy as getting to 110. :wink:

2 Likes

Speak for yourself :smile:

3 Likes

None of those people took longevity as seriously as we do. So I expect these records to be broken since some people now care about it, barring some major world disaster.

3 Likes

Exactly, heathspan and longevity research has come a long way in the past 50 to 100 years, and the current state of the art science that many of us here are practicing may make a huge difference.

3 Likes

And hopefully even more so the decisions and things we can do in 5, 10, 15 years given the rapid pace of knowledge and understanding increases as well as in new therapies and technologies coming down the pipeline.

3 Likes