Slowest aging person you know of? What is the maximum age deceleration possible in the standard biological clocks?

Eg Lure Hsu or William Shatner

1 Like

Interesting… I’d never heard of Lure Hsu - so just looked her up:

But - William Shatner looks great for 90+ years old, but he’s a movie person so I suspect he’s had “work done”, and he’s overweight so likely not in the best of health.

Lots of people look young and may have had “work done”, but you have no idea of their biological health so I’m really skeptical of relying on looks as a measure of aging.

Put sun screen on your exposed areas for most of your life and you’ll probably look really young, but that is just one small part of the aging problem…

2 Likes

uh, me. I see my age-cohort (late 50s) getting fat, hunched, easily tired, achy all over, slow-walking, easily injured, slow-healing, etc. Although I am not in perfect health (type 1 diabetes), I don’t feel much different physically than 20 years ago, and I’m better mentally and emotionally. Rapa should continue to increase this difference in bio- and chrono-age.

2 Likes

Paul Rudd? Maybe Ralph Macchio – if anyone here watches the Netflix series Cobra Kai, Ralph is currently 12 years older than the actor who played Mr Miyagi (Pat Morita) was in the original Karate Kid(!!!)

4 Likes

I found a man looks very young in his age
They are gay couple and both in 30s, but the right one looks so young, he said he didn’t do any plastic surgery

1 Like

This guy seems to take care of himself:

2 Likes

It seems to me that some of these people have had caloric restriction - severe caloric restriction.

1 Like

As processes and proteins contributing to AA and DA may differ, we aimed to define the proteins contributing to decelerated or accelerated aging. Therefore, as our second approach, we defined three biologically aging groups: 1) Chronological Agers (CA), with a maximum of 2 years difference between estimated age and chronological age (|ΔAge| < 2), 2) Decelerated Agers, with an underestimation in their age based on plasma proteomic profile (ΔAge < −5), and 3) Accelerated Agers, with an overestimation in their age based on proteomic profile (ΔAge >5); Figure 5A). In the Arthur dataset (Arthur et al., 2021) 46 individuals showed CA, 25 DA with a maximum underestimation of more than 11.5 years, and 28 AA with a maximum overestimate of almost 12 years. The dataset of Robbins et al. (Robbins et al., 2021) contained 255 individuals showing CA, 88 DA with a maximum underestimate of more than 16 years, and 92 AA with a maximum overestimate of almost 13 years

1 Like

Can’t really miss the fact that almost all of the people in these examples are Asian.

1 Like

The common thread, perhaps stereotype is, that they work hard and eat little compared to Americans.

1 Like